Code 3 Geocoin

KrazyTrollz

My cache partner just found a Code 3 coin in a cache... it's a fire hydrant and has the WTC on the other side and the coords and Ground Zero on the other side. It's a Firefighter coin. I'm sure it's been out awhile, but I have never seen this coin and would love to get my hands on two of them. He's an EMT and a former firefighter and I just have to have anything that has to do w/Ground Zero and patriotic things.

Any ideas as to where I can start my hunt?

Thanks! :unsure:

My cache partner just found a Code 3 coin in a cache... it's a fire hydrant and has the WTC on the other side and the coords and Ground Zero on the other side. It's a Firefighter coin. I'm sure it's been out awhile, but I have never seen this coin and would love to get my hands on two of them. He's an EMT and a former firefighter and I just have to have anything that has to do w/Ground Zero and patriotic things.

Thanks! :unsure:

You've done it by posting here :unsure: Someone will more than likely come to your rescue! - We are good at that :anibad:

Ebay.....???

This is a good place to look for a lot of different coins ( I go there A Lot!)

Thanks Jodi.... the coin is still sitting on my desk....... We will email them directly and see what happens.

Thanks!

Sonya

I have a Code 3 Geocoin and I got it from the maker of the coin after finding one out in the wild too. I just emailed them and they emailed me back. It was made by two Firefighters...and it is a beautiful coin! If you have no luck finding out who they are email me and I will contact them for you. Jodi

what's the coin prefix ( first two letters of tracking) please?

i've put the other info into the wiki you can check it out www.trackablecoins.com/index.php?title=Code_3_geocoin

As it is a trackable geocoin this commercial design has been approved by Geocaching.com It was sold by the designer Odyssey Voyager on ebay back in june and had a race (still going? the contest was probably breaking forum rules as it required a specific purchase so I don't know if thread was shut down it seemed to stop rather abruptly http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/lofiversi...p?t165355.html)

and profile notes "september 11, 2007

i will officially suspend my affiliation and ties with this coin, and with this website. i will hold no more auctions. "

the other designer was 'shades of grey'

Edited by forthferalz

Thanks! :D

We placed a LE of this coin at the sight of Flight 93 to be "discovered". When he found out that we had done this, he sent a very nice thank you letter along with two regular editions of this coin. If you are unable to aquire one for yourself, I would be glad to share one of them with you.

lj

Thank you for all the nice comments on this tribute geocoin design, thanks to those that have this coin in their collection, thank you to those that have posted information on obtaining one of these coins, and big thanks for internet description page posted. thats just awesome!

The question was recently raised as to the outcome of the awareness coin contest. The eventual "Code 3" awareness contest winner was geocacher: "fire521" and he was sent his Limited Edition Code 3 Geocoin in October of 2007. Congratulations to "fire521" and thank you for sharing your "Code 3" Geocoin with the rest of the world to see and discover. Your actions have truly helped raise awareness..."lest we forget."

bvnlj - thank you sooo much for that offer..... that is sooo generous of you and I thank you!

TeamFIREBOY has offered to put me in touch w/the makers of the coin.... my boyfriend has one of these... thing is, he wants to post a pic of it w/a firetruck and the batteries died in my camera on Monday (nope, he didn't listen to me when I said to take spares).... so hopefully I can get in touch w/them. He is waiting too long for me and it's making me nervous!

I must have these wonderful tributes...... Never Forget is right! and another one I love:

Freedom is not Free. Had a ribbon magnet on my car for the longest time w/that till someone stole it! Ever wanna see someone freak out? Touch my flags..... Now all my patriotic items go on the INSIDE of the windows!!!! (static cling)

Thank you everyone for all the great information on this coin! I knew you all could help! :laughing:

Sonya

I must have these wonderful tributes...... Never Forget is right! and another one I love:

Freedom is not Free. Had a ribbon magnet on my car for the longest time w/that till someone stole it! Ever wanna see someone freak out? Touch my flags..... Now all my patriotic items go on the INSIDE of the windows!!!! (static cling)

I hear ya on that one!! I have the American flag on 3 different spots on my Jeep. Theyr'e not big but they are there. Ever since 9/11 and I lost a friend in one of the towers I have had a strong attachment to my flag.

Warpaint_eagle.jpgThese_Colors_Don_t_Run.jpg

Dolfy,

I LOVE those, they're beautiful!!!! I'd love to have those for MY SUV, LOL! On a previous car, I had Flags on both doors and all kinds of ribbons.... they were tastefully placed, but they were all stolen one day while I was at work about 4 yrs ago..... I FLIPPED OUT......(I think everyone where I worked heard me) BUT..... I went out and replaced them all..... and then to add insult to injury they were stolen again..... it was bad enough to take the 'flag', but to take my Freedom isn't free and support our troops????? What sicko does that???? So I looked on the internet/stores and have all static cling flags inside my vehicle now.

I also have one similar to the Eagle on the right that is a desktop image I put up occasionally on my PCs... work and home. :laughing: