Cachemate on Pocket PC

herbk

After happily using CacheMate on a Palm, and having used Palms for about fifteen years, I have had to switch to an HP iPAQ.

I am running Windows XP on an Intel iMac using Parallels. By much trial and error, I have been able to get all applications working except CacheMate. The problem is loading the .xml files. I have MacGPSPro on my Macintosh, and the files apparently acquire the file type of MacGPS Pro documents, a fact that may or may not be relevant. Is there anyone out there who has the same computer configuration and has succeeded in loading said files into Cachemate?

You may wonder why I abandoned the wonderfully intuitive interface of Palm for that of a Windows Mobile. The details are too lengthy to state here, but in short, having gone through three Tungsten E2s in two years, the answer is poor quality control on the hardware and a very flaky memory manager in the current OS.

snip...

I am running Windows XP on an Intel iMac using Parallels. By much trial and error, I have been able to get all applications working except CacheMate. The problem is loading the .xml files. I have MacGPSPro on my Macintosh, and the files apparently acquire the file type of MacGPS Pro documents, a fact that may or may not be relevant. Is there anyone out there who has the same computer configuration and has succeeded in loading said files into Cachemate?

snip...

I don't use a mac, so please excuse any ignorance/assumptions.

I use XP Pro/GSAK export GPX.

CacheMate PPC on my IPAQ 2215 will import the .GPX file(s) directly. If your PQ arrives in your email just unzip the two .gpx files and copy them to the storace card. Main memory does not have enough free space on mine.

Open Cachemate, on the bottom menu bar select the right-hand "red arrow pointing to folders" Import icon. Tap start and select your gpx file(s).

That *_should_* do it.

Hope it helps

snip...

snip...

I don't use a mac, so please excuse any ignorance/assumptions.

I use XP Pro/GSAK export GPX.

CacheMate PPC on my IPAQ 2215 will import the .GPX file(s) directly. If your PQ arrives in your email just unzip the two .gpx files and copy them to the storace card. Main memory does not have enough free space on mine.

Open Cachemate, on the bottom menu bar select the right-hand "red arrow pointing to folders" Import icon. Tap start and select your gpx file(s).

That *_should_* do it.

Hope it helps

To be specific, I am not running an email program on Windows, but only on my Mac. So the problem is, how do I transfer the .gpx files from Mac to Windows. Once they are on Windows, I know how to download them to the iPAQ

snip.

So the problem is, how do I transfer the .gpx files from Mac to Windows.

snip.

Yeah, that's what I hoping the problem *_wasn't_*

How 'bout it? Anybody running Parallels?

Does Parallels have a user forum?

Maybe google? something like "Parallels transfer files between mac PC"

Brought a pageful of results - answer may be in there somewhere.

Good Luck!

herbk,

you can copy the pocket querry ????.gpx and ????-wps.gps into the Ipaq by card reader if you have problem on Mac and IPAQ.

When installed cacaemate, at the some time install the cacheNav which embelded in cachemate programme. With HP IPAQ buildin GPSr or any BT GPSr preferable SirStar III(walking mode) and cacheNavit can navigate you to the geocache location. I was using it for few months already.

Can see my post here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...?f=6&t=4540

Happy geocaching!

Edited by thsalbert

You can cut from Mac OS and paste into the Windows environment (or even drag and drop), assuming you have Parallels so that both environments are running at the same time. Also, I haven't set it up but you can use shared folders so that files are common to both OS, so you may be able to use this if you don't have Parallels. This works on my Macbook. It was Parallels and the Intel processor that swung buying a Mac for me.