~New Boomerang Coin~

Cheesy pigs

Well there will be no more Shiny Gold, Shiny Silver, Bronze or Black Nickel....

But.....

There could be........

Copper.......

or GLOW.....

or GLITTER!!!

Would there be any interest? These would be the last one/s produced, ever.

I am not a huge fan of copper or glow, but I would be in for some shiny Rhodium (since you don't want to do shiny silver).

(I doubt that the mints actually use any real silver or rhodium metal, so are these two really the same thing?)

Thanks

I am not a huge fan of copper or glow, but I would be in for some shiny Rhodium (since you don't want to do shiny silver).

(I doubt that the mints actually use any real silver or rhodium metal, so are these two really the same thing?)

Thanks

They are really too similar IMO - they look alot alike.

I have the shiny version - and have some available for special trades. :o

:D

today i received the boomerang Coin.

I can´t trust my eyes, these are so small.

I´m disappointed, i was thinking that they where bigger.

The design is very beautiful, only the size made me angry. Sorry!!!

LOL.... after all the hoopla and frenzy I'm surprised this is the only post about how people felt on getting their coins. I was shocked when I got one in trade. It's a micro and I bet it wasn't sold as a micro!! The person I had traded with was also disappointed. We 3 (including Smily) can't be the only ones feeling a bit duped. :)

:D

today i received the boomerang Coin.

I can´t trust my eyes, these are so small.

I´m disappointed, i was thinking that they where bigger.

The design is very beautiful, only the size made me angry. Sorry!!!

LOL.... after all the hoopla and frenzy I'm surprised this is the only post about how people felt on getting their coins. I was shocked when I got one in trade. It's a micro and I bet it wasn't sold as a micro!! The person I had traded with was also disappointed. We 3 (including Smily) can't be the only ones feeling a bit duped. :D

Well, I got one in trade so at least I didn't herniate myself trying to survive the initial online purchasing hurdles, but it is still a bit on the tiny size to say the least when it comes to total volume of metal involved in making the coin.

Any coin where I have to get out the loupe to read the tracking number and decipher the details is in my mind too small. And since I'm reading the micro print on things that my wife can't focus on anymore, I'm pretty sure it isn't my vision that is at fault! :D

Would it kill the coin vendors to actually LOOK at a printed to-scale sample of the coin artwork being submitted to the mint on a photo quality printer to determine if the dang thing will be readable by mere mortals? :)B)

Some tiny coins do this right, look at the "Rhody" quahog coin, I can read those tracking numbers from a distance on a coin that is a micro-micro! Other vendors apparently either have better than 20/20 version, or could give a ____ if we can read the tracking numbers or make out the details the artist intended to be in plain sight. :D

Ahhh duped? Right from the start we said they were shaped coin, 1.75 inch. Yes they are small, but they are incredibly detailed....and they aren't micros.

I'm sorry you are unhappy, but I have come to realise you cant please everyone all the time. Do what I do when I dont like a coin - trade it for something you do like :D

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Ahhh duped? Right from the start we said they were shaped coin, 1.75 inch. Yes they are small, but they are incredibly detailed....and they aren't micros.

I'm sorry you are unhappy, but I have come to realise you cant please everyone all the time. Do what I do when I dont like a coin - trade it for something you do like :D

Not duped, and there is indeed a great amount of detail on the coin, just hard to see with the naked eye. And while the coin may be 1.75 inch in diameter, what would you guess the average width of the surviving metal is? Maybe 0.25 inch? I'm thinking if I put the boomerang on my postal scale and compared it's weight against a typical micro, it would bring a bit less mass to the contest. My boomerang is buried somewhere in a pile of coins I'm trying to catalog and sheet this weekend, so can't measure or weigh one myself. :D

I've got no problems with the coin designer or the coin itself, just wish there was a bit more metal to the 1.75 inches worth diameter to enhance the viewing of this coin. :) Kind of like those pics on some coin tracking sites where the picture is taken and then squeezed into a square format, leading to a misrepresentation of the coins actual dimensions. Not saying that was the case with this particular coin, mind you, I'm just nattering away here.... :D

But as most know - geocoins are much different in hand than in photos.

You should see my gold coins, Map Monkey's bronze and CB's silver - they are stunners. The design just really pops.

That's another reason I personally want to make more Boomerangs - so people can really appreciate these intricate gorgeous geocoins. Shiny metals make these real gems. There should be some USA people getting some gold Boomerangs very soon, and hopefully they will feel the same way I do about them....

Shiny copper anyone?

Edited by Cheesy pigs
But as most know - geocoins are much different in hand than in photos.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse comparing pictures of actual produced coins against the real thing versus attempting to create the real thing using a photo printer before the mint makes the proof. Most ink jet printers using plain paper won't provide even remotely close to the real detail that you'd get using a photo quality printer with good photo paper.

My point is that at some point early in the design process, someone needs to do a sanity check in high quality printed media to make sure that both the detail the artist desires is truly visible to the naked eye and that the tracking number is legible without digging out a magnifying glass!

There are any number of other coins where either the badge used to engrave the tracking number was horribly undersized, or where the entire coin concept was lost on compression to a smaller diameter die to save a few bucks.

Personally, I'd rather pay a few bucks more and see the image the artist intended as large as could be. Coins like the recently released Quadrant show that you can make very large diameter coin without increasing the price all that much.

They are a bit smaller than I thougt, but I'm not dissapointed...

The gold version is awsome (THanks Liz!)

And I don't think the tracking numbers are that small...

Edit to add:

Shiny Copper - YES PLEASE! :D

Edited by Smort78

Would love to get a hold of a BN version if someone has a spare! Trading list isnt updated yet but I will work on it this weekend. Later!

Contact me. I purchased one off ebay. The BN version is hard to see the detail in my opinion. The coin is also small and could fit in a film canister. It seems this one and another one that came out recently is on the small side. I think making this coin bigger would bring out more detail and really show the beauty of it.