GMAPSUPP.UNL?

cobra-ak

try using one those hdd back up software that creates disk image of your hdd/partition.

I can't remember the name of a free one. (it's good too)

Anyways,,, mount your sdmemory card, use the software to make a disk image and try to restore to a different memory card to see if it works.

This may not work because SDcard version of Garmin maps are somehow locked in with a "Unique Serial Number" of that specific memory card.

If you have StreetPilot or Nuvi, you can view this 'unique serial number' from it's hidden/debug/service menu.

But like i said, not sure how this will help as the unlock code & map is tied to that specific sdcard.

Besides,,, seems you have a Version3? which seems to be old.... so why not just buy yourself a new NT 2008 DVD version. I am sure it's worth it.

btw... what is that UNL?

Edited by xxgg

Utter failure trying to back up an SD card I copied the contents of the SD into a folder then tried to back it into a spare SD card, I guess the file with the .unl is the source of the backup just being 100 mB of crap. Any workarounds?

The new CN's produce a file called mapsupp.img which can easily be backed up and copied to another SD card.