Deleting Waypoints?

Can someone with a little more than 1 hour experience (that is what I have with this unit) tell me how to delete geocaches from the unit. Also does the CO let you mark them as completed when you find one?

Geocaches and waypoints are different on the CO so you'll need to be more specific.

Geocaches: you can't delete them and you can't mark them complete.

Waypoints: go to Other->Waypoint Manager and you can delete them all or one at a time.

The FAQ linked in my sig has some of this. If not, I'll add it because I can see it will be a common question.

GO$Rs

Ok, I should have been more specific. How do you remove the caches from the CO. Do you have to do it in Explorer or how. If I understand it right, right now the caches are read only and you can make them regular waypoints and then go the the cache page to read the info????

Edited by QUAD EXPLORER

Since the capability to mark a cache as found wasn't in the firmware update that I played with last weekend, I'd say that functionality is a couple firmware updates away.

Although this doesn't delete anything off your map, here is how I am currently keeping track of my finds during the day:

I load up all my geocaches as POIs. When I find a cache, I copy the POI as a waypoint. At the end of the day, if I view the waypoints in the waypoint manager, it will have the list of caches I found. ;)

--Marky

I deleted the GPX files out of the Garmin drive but they were not removed from the CO. They still are viewable by going to geocaches on the selection. I have tried powering down the unit, ejecting it from the PC (Apple). Plugging it back in and it is gone from the drive but still shows up on the list after being removed from the PC.

Now what?