What is the most caches someone has found?

On CCCoopers profile it shows they was in four different states in a week period. Wow what dedication. How do they do it?

I can easily knock off 6 or 7 states in a day. All it takes is gas.

...and several small states packed into the geographical area. :unsure:

Well yeah. I can hit NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and ME in about 7 hours of driving. Add a cache find in each, that might add an hour or 2 to the trip, but it could easily be done.

Yep, whereas it takes me 7 hours of non stop driving just to cross Kansas, and there are even larger states than Kansas out west. I could maybe hit three or four states in one day here, more would be tough to do.

I do remenber the old threads re ccccooper

I also remember that ccccooper was in the habit of logging mulitple finds on the same events. This goes to the practice temp. caches being placed less than .10 miles apart at event so that cachers could run their numbers up with permission to log the event more than one time. This is done to avoid the guidline re. cache density.

I even looked up CCCCs profile at the time and I saw the multiple logs on the same events.

I have seen other cachers place their own contianers when they could not find a cache

I had one ultra high nember cacher do this on one of my caches, I deleted the find.

High number do not mean anything. They just mean some cachers are creative in how they find caches and log finds.

CCC was famous for logging finds on her own caches when cache owners would delete her "got to the trailhead finds."

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :unsure:

I've read enough of her logs to know that she doesn't hold back when there is something about the cache to write about. I suspect that there was nothing that set any of those caches apart from all the others that she has found. We all do it. I don't have nearly as many finds as she does but even I have a standard phrase that I use on, well, standard caches. I would imagine that with the number of caches she has under her belt that it would take really spectacular cache and/or location to get more than a cut and paste log from her. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep trying.

Actually, Kit was talking about team Alamo. :anibad: But the few times CCCA has blown through my area (I think she's only found 2 or 3 of my caches), and I've seen a ton of her logs in Pa. and N.J., I believe she generally goes out of her way to write something specific about the caches. There certainly isn't any software logging the caches for her. :unsure:

[EDIT] Whoops, I see Kit already told you he was talking about TA. But I'll keep the statement about CCCA not being a major cut-and-paste artist.

Good point... Lynn, CCCA, totally amazes me in her ability to find from 40 to 100 caches in a day and then leave a meaningful and personalized find log entry for almost every one, including lengthy, detailed entries for a number of the more "fun" caches. It is my observation that she is much the same at events; she seems to take the time to speak with anyone and everyone, whether they are a newcomer to the sport or a high-numbers old-timer, and, unlike lots of other folks at events, she is never in a hurry to break off a conversation so that she can go find more caches.

And, for me, well, while CCCA and some other high-numbers cachers are geo-friends of mine, I take great pride in the fact that I tend to hunt only from one to five caches per month, hunting only caches which I have carefully selected, and primarily high-Terrain caches. This is what makes me happy! I could NEVER imagine wanting to find more than seven caches in a day, and even that would be a peak day!
Huh!!!

Your stats are

your membership started in April 25,2005, you have 2221 finds, that is 85.5 finds per month not 1-5 per month. These stats are of last december.

And from not about the numbers.com

Average total cache difficulty: 2.24 - Average total terrain rating: 1.82

Average physical cache difficulty: 2.27 - Average physical terrain rating: 1.83 (Traditional, Multi, Unknown, Project APE, Letterbox)

These are not primarily high-Terrain caches

My reading was that Vinny was speaking for himself only, not for the Vinny & Sue Team. As noted earlier in this thread, Sue sometimes caches separately, even with the famous CCCA, so I imagine she finds a few more caches for the team. :unsure:
their total 5 terrain caches = 23 that would less than 1-5 a month
What is your point? Why does it matter how many '5 terrain caches' someone else has found?

Now that is an excellent question. Perhaps Vinny can provide a satisfactory response.

Why would Vinny need to respond? JohnnyVegas is the one that was trying to make a point.

Now that is an excellent question. Perhaps Johnny can provide a satisfactory response.

It is simple, Vinny claims 1-5 high terrian caches a month, that is not reflected in the stats.

The number of high terrain (5) caches works to about .7 per month.

I do remenber the old threads re ccccooper

I also remember that ccccooper was in the habit of logging mulitple finds on the same events. This goes to the practice temp. caches being placed less than .10 miles apart at event so that cachers could run their numbers up with permission to log the event more than one time. This is done to avoid the guidline re. cache density.

I even looked up CCCCs profile at the time and I saw the multiple logs on the same events.

I have seen other cachers place their own contianers when they could not find a cache

I had one ultra high nember cacher do this on one of my caches, I deleted the find.

High number do not mean anything. They just mean some cachers are creative in how they find caches and log finds.

CCC was famous for logging finds on her own caches when cache owners would delete her "got to the trailhead finds."

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :unsure:

I've read enough of her logs to know that she doesn't hold back when there is something about the cache to write about. I suspect that there was nothing that set any of those caches apart from all the others that she has found. We all do it. I don't have nearly as many finds as she does but even I have a standard phrase that I use on, well, standard caches. I would imagine that with the number of caches she has under her belt that it would take really spectacular cache and/or location to get more than a cut and paste log from her. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep trying.

Actually, Kit was talking about team Alamo. :unsure: But the few times CCCA has blown through my area (I think she's only found 2 or 3 of my caches), and I've seen a ton of her logs in Pa. and N.J., I believe she generally goes out of her way to write something specific about the caches. There certainly isn't any software logging the caches for her. :yikes:

[EDIT] Whoops, I see Kit already told you he was talking about TA. But I'll keep the statement about CCCA not being a major cut-and-paste artist.

CCCA has found a number of our caches... always a personal log...

not something copied & pasted...

I have also written them e-mails, gotten a quick, polite, helpful response and they have helped me move along a TB that had a specific date to get to a particular Pa. cache...

I have met some cachers that have done close to 2000 caches in their first year of caching...

off the top of my head... macatac62 did 1300+ in his first 365 days...

The OP asked a simple question...

I do not think it was intended to be a bashing thread for everyone to bring down the top #'s people...

I believe that everyone is in agreement here. The confusion came from

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :anibad:

Kit Fox was trying to be sly by referring to Team Alamo as "#1" instead of by name. A few of us, myself included, took "#1" to mean the person he was talking about in the previous paragraph which is CCCooperAgency.

It is simple, Vinny claims 1-5 high terrian caches a month, that is not reflected in the stats.

I think that you are using a very strict definition of 'high terrain caches'. I suspect that neither Vinny nor most of the people who read that post use as strict a definition.

I think that you are using a very strict definition of 'high terrain caches'. I suspect that neither Vinny nor most of the people who read that post use as strict a definition.

From Clay Jars system for cache ratings.

Difficulty

* Easy. In plain sight or can be found in a few minutes of searching.

** Average. The average cache hunter would be able to find this in less than 30 minutes of hunting.

*** Challenging. An experienced cache hunter will find this challenging, and it could take up a good portion of an afternoon.

**** Difficult. A real challenge for the experienced cache hunter - may require special skills or knowledge, or in-depth preparation to find. May require multiple days / trips to complete.

***** Extreme. A serious mental or physical challenge. Requires specialized knowledge, skills, or equipment to find cache.

Terrain:

* Handicapped accessible. (Terrain is likely to be paved, is relatively flat, and less than a 1/2 mile hike is required.)

** Suitable for small children. (Terrain is generally along marked trails, there are no steep elevation changes or heavy overgrowth. Less than a 2 mile hike required.)

*** Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)

**** Experienced outdoor enthusiasts only. (Terrain is probably off-trail. Will have one or more of the following: very heavy overgrowth, very steep elevation (requiring use of hands), or more than a 10 mile hike. May require an overnight stay.)

***** Requires specialized equipment and knowledge or experience, (boat, 4WD, rock climbing, SCUBA, etc) or is otherwise extremely difficult.

From Clay Jars system for cache ratings.

Difficulty

* Easy. In plain sight or can be found in a few minutes of searching.

** Average. The average cache hunter would be able to find this in less than 30 minutes of hunting.

*** Challenging. An experienced cache hunter will find this challenging, and it could take up a good portion of an afternoon.

**** Difficult. A real challenge for the experienced cache hunter - may require special skills or knowledge, or in-depth preparation to find. May require multiple days / trips to complete.

***** Extreme. A serious mental or physical challenge. Requires specialized knowledge, skills, or equipment to find cache.

Terrain:

* Handicapped accessible. (Terrain is likely to be paved, is relatively flat, and less than a 1/2 mile hike is required.)

** Suitable for small children. (Terrain is generally along marked trails, there are no steep elevation changes or heavy overgrowth. Less than a 2 mile hike required.)

*** Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)

**** Experienced outdoor enthusiasts only. (Terrain is probably off-trail. Will have one or more of the following: very heavy overgrowth, very steep elevation (requiring use of hands), or more than a 10 mile hike. May require an overnight stay.)

***** Requires specialized equipment and knowledge or experience, (boat, 4WD, rock climbing, SCUBA, etc) or is otherwise extremely difficult.

I'm missing your point. Can you spell it out?

The cut off as to when something becomes 'high terrain' would seem to be an individual decision.

The topic is "What is the most caches someone has found?"

The answer is "26,000+, by Team Alamo."

Please confine the discussion to this topic. Thank you.

I think I'll PM Clothahump then, and tell them why they are not listed.

Correct, this should thread should consist of an OP, and another post with the answer "Team Alamo". :unsure:

On CCCoopers profile it shows they was in four different states in a week period. Wow what dedication. How do they do it?

I can easily knock off 6 or 7 states in a day. All it takes is gas.

...and several small states packed into the geographical area. :unsure:

Well yeah. I can hit NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and ME in about 7 hours of driving. Add a cache find in each, that might add an hour or 2 to the trip, but it could easily be done.

Just try that out here in the Wild West, bucko. Seven hours from Seattle will get you to somewhere in Oregon or Idaho (or western Montana) - or Canada. :unsure:

Edited by hydnsek

In before the inevitable lock with the requisite mention of goats -- as required in each thread by Groundspeak forum bylaws -- as follows:

Goats are really nice, and they love to watch geocachers hunting for caches. :unsure:

Thank you.

I have a virt inside Disneyland. I'm not absolutely sure if any of the big number geocachers have logged it, but one time while my wife and I were at Disneyland doing 'maintenance' on my virt, we visited the little petting zoo. We sat on a bench and a couple of the small goats hopped up and fell asleep in our laps as we petted them.