What is the most caches someone has found?

The cachers with the greatest number of finds seem to be CCCooperAgency, Team Alamo and Ventura Kids (of three named; he posts sometimes on these forums). The funny thing about Lynn, CCCooperAgency (aka CCCA) is that she does not go just for the quick and easy or cheap-and-dirty finds. I have known her to spend the better part of a day finding just a few of our extreme 5/5 Psycho Urban Caches, to go for long hikes in the forest here to seek our Psycho Backcountry Caches, and to spend a whole day with a team of other cachers in an attempt to score a find on our EXTREME 5/5 Psycho Urban Cache #13 -- Impossible - Give Up Now! She recently spent over four hours in a tree in Eastern PA looking for an elusive Difficulty 4+ tiny bison tube hanging in the tree; by the time she was done, the locals had called the TV news crews, who filmed her antics, and a half-dozen friendly muggles had joined her to help her in the hunt. On the other hand, she regularly finds from 40 to 90 caches in a day on many days. My wife Sue goes caching with her sometimes; they start well before sunrise, using a caching trip itinerary prepared by Lynn's husband, and they usually return here at midnight, about 18 hours later, having found from 28 to 90 caches along the way. Bizarre, and certainly not my style of caching, but more power to them! I also know cachers who know Team Alamo and Ventura Kids and who have cached with them, and they unfailingly have only very good things to say about these two high-numbers cachers as well.

I don't know anything about Team Alamo aside from what I've read here, but I must say that CCCooperAgency (Lynn) is a real class act. I met her her in Minnesota once (she was out caching with King Boreas, the one with most hides), and when I recently found myself taking a business trip to her stomping grounds, I emailed her, asking about her hides and others in the area, and she was just the greatest, most gracious host you could imagine. From what I understand, she is drastically cutting back on her caching in an attempt to find a better balance between caching and family. I suspect that if she hadn't made that decision, that Team Alamo would still be eating her dust, but I think that it was a wise decision.

Team Alamo just celebrated 25,000 finds by throwing a big event for all us local cachers that centered around the cache that was his first find. It was pretty amazing to be out in the hills (which were swarming in cachers!) and finding six brand new caches as well as the long time hides in the Bishop Ranch open space. I think since the event (last Nov.) he's found another thousand or so. ;) !

DCC

I'm not sure if they have the most...

but CCCooperagency has 22496 to date...

WAY TOO MUCH FREE~TIME ON THEIR HANDS...

;);):):P:)

I think that it's important to note that CCCooperagency is not a 'they', it is a 'she'.

22,000 is 5% of the world's geocaches

While this is true, you have to realize that the total number of caches does not include those that have been archived.

I cannot validate the finds... but that is their stats...

click the link... see for yourself...

I have been watching their progression for years...

since they had less than 5000...

They are the GODS of Geocaching...

There are quite a few others with over 10000...

What exactly makes them "gods"? ;) Edited by 9Key

The largest number of caches really does not mean anything.

If you go back to the early years of geocaching a cacher may have spent several weeks finding 100 caches, now it can be done in one day and in some areas.

If there number of active caches was the same now as it was 4 or 5 years ago the number of caches found in one day might be meaningfull. But because of cache density it really does not mean anything.

When I got started finding 100 caches would mean something, now finding 1000 is like finding 100 4 years ago.

With all the drive up caches that are now active it would be hare not to find a high number of caches.

There is not a lot of skilled in finding lots of caches, it just takes time

Edited by JohnnyVegas
Of course, the referenced cachers were huge number cachers 'back in the day', also. Remember all the really old threads which argued that CCC must be a cheater because no one could actually find that many?

No, I don't.

I guess that you either don't remember old threads that well, didn't participate or read those threads, can't use the search function, or are trying to be argumentative.

Of course, the referenced cachers were huge number cachers 'back in the day', also. Remember all the really old threads which argued that CCC must be a cheater because no one could actually find that many?

No, I don't.

I guess that you either don't remember old threads that well, didn't participate or read those threads, can't use the search function, or are trying to be argumentative.

None of the above.

No, I don't.
None of the above.
I didn't accuse you of being disingenuous, but I can't think of any other alternatives. Edited by sbell111
No, I don't.
None of the above.
I didn't accuse you of being disingenuous, but I can't think of any other alternatives.

Total sweetness. ;)

No, I don't.
None of the above.
I didn't accuse you of being disingenuous, but I can't think of any other alternatives.

Total sweetness. ;)

It's possible that he didn't understand my original post.

I do remenber the old threads re ccccooper

I also remember that ccccooper was in the habit of logging mulitple finds on the same events. This goes to the practice temp. caches being placed less than .10 miles apart at event so that cachers could run their numbers up with permission to log the event more than one time. This is done to avoid the guidline re. cache density.

I even looked up CCCCs profile at the time and I saw the multiple logs on the same events.

I have seen other cachers place their own contianers when they could not find a cache

I had one ultra high nember cacher do this on one of my caches, I deleted the find.

High number do not mean anything. They just mean some cachers are creative in how they find caches and log finds.

Edited by JohnnyVegas

I also remember that ccccooper was in the habit of logging mulitple finds on the same events. This goes to the practice temp. caches being placed less than .10 miles apart at event so that cachers could run their numbers up with permission to log the event more than one time. This is done to avoid the guidline re. cache density.

I even looked up CCCCs profile at the time and I saw the multiple logs on the same events.

I have seen other cachers place their own contianers when they could not find a cache

I had one ultra high nember cacher do this on one of my caches, I deleted the find.

High number do not mean anything. They just mean some cachers are creative in how they find caches and log finds.

CCC was famous for logging finds on her own caches when cache owners would delete her "got to the trailhead finds."

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. ;)

Edited by Kit Fox

CCC was famous for logging finds on her own caches when cache owners would delete her "got to the trailhead finds."

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. ;)

Why to cut-n-pasters write stuff like that? Heck, just put a single letter - why waste all of those characters?

No, I don't.
None of the above.

Total sweetness. :)

No, he's studied anthropology. He understood.

No, I don't.
None of the above.

Total sweetness. :)

No, he's studied anthropology. He understood.

I don't understand trollspeak, so perhaps you could explain what the heck you are talking about. Edited by sbell111

I salute those of you with high number of finds. I often cache alone or with my dog. Sometimes I can find about 40-50 caches in one day, and even then that requires a lot of stops and go's from the Jeep, and then I have the caches that take time to find, forgot my pen, muggles in the way, opening the cache, put the cache back etc, with all of that it can be exhausting. I find it incredible how these geocachers get such numbers. Eventually I'm sure they found all of the caches around where they live and will have to drive 50 plus miles each geocaching trip to keep the numbers high. On CCCoopers profile it shows they was in four different states in a week period. Wow what dedication. How do they do it?

And, for me, well, while CCCA and some other high-numbers cachers are geo-friends of mine, I take great pride in the fact that I tend to hunt only from one to five caches per month, hunting only caches which I have carefully selected, and primarily high-Terrain caches. This is what makes me happy! I could NEVER imagine wanting to find more than seven caches in a day, and even that would be a peak day!

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :)

I've read enough of her logs to know that she doesn't hold back when there is something about the cache to write about. I suspect that there was nothing that set any of those caches apart from all the others that she has found. We all do it. I don't have nearly as many finds as she does but even I have a standard phrase that I use on, well, standard caches. I would imagine that with the number of caches she has under her belt that it would take really spectacular cache and/or location to get more than a cut and paste log from her. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep trying.

And, for me, well, while CCCA and some other high-numbers cachers are geo-friends of mine, I take great pride in the fact that I tend to hunt only from one to five caches per month, hunting only caches which I have carefully selected, and primarily high-Terrain caches. This is what makes me happy! I could NEVER imagine wanting to find more than seven caches in a day, and even that would be a peak day!

Huh!!!

Your stats are

your membership started in April 25,2005, you have 2221 finds, that is 85.5 finds per month not 1-5 per month. These stats are of last december.

And from not about the numbers.com

Average total cache difficulty: 2.24 - Average total terrain rating: 1.82

Average physical cache difficulty: 2.27 - Average physical terrain rating: 1.83 (Traditional, Multi, Unknown, Project APE, Letterbox)

These are not primarily high-Terrain caches

Edited by JohnnyVegas

I've read enough of her logs to know that she doesn't hold back when there is something about the cache to write about. I suspect that there was nothing that set any of those caches apart from all the others that she has found. We all do it. I don't have nearly as many finds as she does but even I have a standard phrase that I use on, well, standard caches. I would imagine that with the number of caches she has under her belt that it would take really spectacular cache and/or location to get more than a cut and paste log from her. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep trying.

I was referring to Team Alamo, not CCC.

Huh!!!

Your stats are

your membership started in April 25,2005, you have 2221 finds, that is 85.5 finds per month not 1-5 per month. These stats are of last december.

Average physical cache difficulty: 2.27 - Average physical terrain rating: 1.83 (Traditional, Multi, Unknown, Project APE, Letterbox)

My reading was that Vinny was speaking for himself only, not for the Vinny & Sue Team. As noted earlier in this thread, Sue sometimes caches separately, even with the famous CCCA, so I imagine she finds a few more caches for the team. :)

Huh!!!

Your stats are

My reading was that Vinny was speaking for himself only, not for the Vinny & Sue Team. As noted earlier in this thread, Sue sometimes caches separately, even with the famous CCCA, so I imagine she finds a few more caches for the team. :)

their total 5 terrain caches = 23 that would less than 1-5 a month

I was referring to Team Alamo, not CCC.

I thought CCC was still #1. I guess that shows you how much I care about other peoples number of finds. When did Team Alamo pass CCC? Never mind, you don't have to answer that. I don't really care.

I thought CCC was still #1. I guess that shows you how much I care about other peoples number of finds. When did Team Alamo pass CCC? Never mind, you don't have to answer that. I don't really care.

OK, made me look. :)

Current totals from cacherstats:

26,078 TeamAlamo

22,496 CCCooperAgency

From reading these forums, I gather TeamAlamo became first sometime last year, but I could be wrong.

Huh!!!

Your stats are

Huh? WHATEVER are you talking about? As I have made very clear in posts to this forum over thirty times in the past year or so -- including in earlier posts sent to this thread -- and as is clearly stated on our profile page, my wife Sue is a very obsessive cacher, and spends a lot of time each week -- in fact, several full days per week -- in hunting caches, while I tend to hunt only from one to five caches per month at most, and most of them are either high-Terrain caches or caches that I found interesting and worthwhile in some other way.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
On CCCoopers profile it shows they was in four different states in a week period. Wow what dedication. How do they do it?

I can easily knock off 6 or 7 states in a day. All it takes is gas.

...and several small states packed into the geographical area. :)

Well yeah. I can hit NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and ME in about 7 hours of driving. Add a cache find in each, that might add an hour or 2 to the trip, but it could easily be done.

Huh!!!

Your stats are

What is your point? Why does it matter how many '5 terrain caches' someone else has found?
Huh!!!

Your stats are

What is your point? Why does it matter how many '5 terrain caches' someone else has found?

Now that is an excellent question. Perhaps Vinny can provide a satisfactory response.

Edited by Team Cotati
Huh!!!

Your stats are

Now that is an excellent question. Perhaps Vinny can provide a satisfactory response.

Why would Vinny need to respond? JohnnyVegas is the one that was trying to make a point.
Huh!!!

Your stats are

Why would Vinny need to respond? JohnnyVegas is the one that was trying to make a point.

Now that is an excellent question. Perhaps Johnny can provide a satisfactory response.

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :unsure:

Actually, Kit was talking about team Alamo. :anibad: But the few times CCCA has blown through my area (I think she's only found 2 or 3 of my caches), and I've seen a ton of her logs in Pa. and N.J., I believe she generally goes out of her way to write something specific about the caches. There certainly isn't any software logging the caches for her. :unsure:

[EDIT] Whoops, I see Kit already told you he was talking about TA. But I'll keep the statement about CCCA not being a major cut-and-paste artist.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

"#1" has mastered the art of lame "cut and paste" logs. Back in 06 I received about 50 repeats of this jewel, "First day of a 9-day cache-a-thon with dgreno in Southern CA. Thanks for the cache." I heard he uses some sort of software to log all of his caches for him. Who has time to write original logs when there are so many caches to be found. :unsure:

Actually, Kit was talking about team Alamo. :anibad: But the few times CCCA has blown through my area (I think she's only found 2 or 3 of my caches), and I've seen a ton of her logs in Pa. and N.J., I believe she generally goes out of her way to write something specific about the caches. There certainly isn't any software logging the caches for her. :unsure:

[EDIT] Whoops, I see Kit already told you he was talking about TA. But I'll keep the statement about CCCA not being a major cut-and-paste artist.

CCCA has found a number of our caches... always a personal log...

not something copied & pasted...

I have also written them e-mails, gotten a quick, polite, helpful response and they have helped me move along a TB that had a specific date to get to a particular Pa. cache...

I have met some cachers that have done close to 2000 caches in their first year of caching...

off the top of my head... macatac62 did 1300+ in his first 365 days...

The OP asked a simple question...

I do not think it was intended to be a bashing thread for everyone to bring down the top #'s people...

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors