Cointest : Last to post the most wins!

pghlooking

It never ceases to amaze me when I get home from work I notice the same couple people seem to be the last posters in a dozen or so threads. Half of those threads either don't interest me or I had nothing to really input so I don't visit them. Others are either for a sale of a coin with 5 or 6 different color variations to make them more rare, or a simple question that has been asked and answered so it doesn't need my input. I miss things from time to time, but I survive.

I have decided to challenge some posting prowlness of the more chatting ones. For some this won't be very hard, for others who like to remain wallflowers, This will be like pulling teeth. Either way it should be fun.

The coin being given away is a surprise, but let's just say it fits the cointest very nicely. I reserve the right to make all judgement calls and to substitute a coin or equal or lesser value at any point in time. This cointest is valid in all states except Alaska and Hawaii (Hey it works for the Jeep Contests :blink: ). Cointest to end at 8 pm EST on Monday Feb 11th. I am sure there will be plenty of people who will help me judge it and let me know who the winner is so let me begin by thanking all of my hall monitors (I mean this in a funny kind of way so no use getting all upset if you are offended by this).

On the page called Geocoin Discussions, there are 50 threads listed. your challenge is to have your name listed on the far right as the last poster in as many threads as possible. Yes that's right. Just talking can earn you a coin. A FREE coin at that. You will receive 1 point for each thread you are the last poster in. Posting a screen shot here in this thread will be your proof of this. Maximum points would oviously be 50, but I seriously doubt anyone can achieve perfection. On the slight chance that you do achieve this though, I will through in a bonus coin, which is yet to be determined.

All posts in all threads must be on topic If you post off topic in any thread just to be there, you will be disqualified. That is against the GC guidelines and would not be fair to the others.

This thread must be within the top 10 threads of your screnshot to be eligible, so probably posting here towards the end of your numbers run would be the smartest thing to do, but I am sure the numbers chasers out there know this better than I do. :lol:

If there is a tie, we will resort to Indian Leg Wrestling, or something similar to break the tie. Post your screen shots here often as you neevr know when I might be in the mood to award a random coin for some other Mystery Categories.

Well what are you waiting for? Get to posting...

Edited by pghlooking

This thread must be within the top 10 threads of your screnshot to be eligible

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by this.

It means you must post in this cointest thread as well as the other threads and have this thread high up on the boards (in the top 10) to win.

LMAO!!!!!

Now I have to ask a questions as I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know this (well than again maybe I am!) How do you take a screen shot?

I use a program called Hypersnap, but on your keyboard you should have a "Prt Scr" key (it's next to the scroll lock key)

LMAO!!!!!

Now I have to ask a questions as I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know this (well than again maybe I am!) How do you take a screen shot?

I use a program called Hypersnap, but on your keyboard you should have a "Prt Scr" key (it's next to the scroll lock key)

You wasn't the only one. Thanks for asking.

Seems like spamming the forum to me! All these useless contributions... I'll pass this cointest :D

Are you incinuating that posting jibberish in every thread on the board every night is spam? Hmmm. :D That's a conundrum.

I think that is probably why the OP and the moderator mentioned that all posts must be on topic.

How funny! Never woulda thought of this as a cointest!

Unfortunatley, I can no longer be the forum enthusist as I once was...I am now sitting in a coffee shop (the only one in town) checkin th eforums and responding to emails.

I hit up 4 or so topics before gettin to this one, but they all interested me. Seems like these coin forums have been a rollercoaster of interesting topics, being part of them for the last year or so. Sometimes there is so many fun topics and other times seems current topics are less appealing.

I have had several topics I wanted to start, but havent cause I cant get in enough to be a part of em!

Thanks for the cointest...It will very interesting to see the forums on the 11th...Just hope present topics dont get shoved behind into the forum black hole, never to be attended to again! :ph34r:

Before this gets out of hand, are there any rules to disqualify posts in threads that have been dead for months on end?

I sure don't want to get up in the morning and see 50+ dead threads about tentative coin ideas being resurrected with posts of "Any news on this coin?"! :huh:

Seems like spamming the forum to me! All these useless contributions... I'll pass this cointest :huh:

I agree. This was a horrible idea.

It's creating "on topic" forum spam... things like "I like cats" in the cat coin thread and such. It's littering the forums and it's burying topics that may actually have something to say in them besides someone trying to get in the last word.

NOT a good idea at all.

Naomi

Seems like spamming the forum to me! All these useless contributions... I'll pass this cointest :huh:

It's creating "on topic" forum spam... things like "I like cats" in the cat coin thread and such. It's littering the forums and it's burying topics that may actually have something to say in them besides someone trying to get in the last word.

NOT a good idea at all.

Naomi

all my posts were on topic and not pointless i waited to reply to all the topics i wanted to just did it at one time

NOT a good idea at all.

Naomi

all my posts were on topic and not pointless i waited to reply to all the topics i wanted to just did it at one time

Exactly. There is enough people posting I like cats on their own every day in those threads without a cointest so gimmie a break. If you don't like it then move along. Nothing to see here. I just wonder where you few people who are complaining about this are when people are posting in this manner without a coin being given away. Geez talk about taking the fun out of it for others...

After 25 min at 2:30 in the morning I did it I completed the challenge. I got a Full page of my name. Hahaha I did it !!!! heres my proof:

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

There beat that :huh:

47 total posts in a row Hahaha!!

Now that is down right impressive. I bet you had a laugh while doing that as well. Email your addy and I will get you a nice coin out.

Cointest is still open to anyone else who can complete this mission.

Remember all posts must be on topic

NOT a good idea at all.

Naomi

Exactly. There is enough people posting I like cats on their own every day in those threads without a cointest so gimmie a break. If you don't like it then move along. Nothing to see here. I just wonder where you few people who are complaining about this are when people are posting in this manner without a coin being given away. Geez talk about taking the fun out of it for others...

Usually, when someone posts, they have something of interest (at least to them) to add to that thread...not to every thread. This is posting to every thread and dredging up dead threads. I'm not complaining about the "cointest", I've seen some crazy ideas before. I'm just seeing it from another's point of view!!

Good luck to those who want to play this game!

pghlooking, I trust, since this is your contest, and your idea, that you will be moderating all posts to make sure they remain on topic in every thread (it's your contest, your rule), and that you will report any posts that are off topic, and take the flak from posters when they receive warnings, or suspensions, for taking threads off topic? Because FSM and I have better things to do with our time, than reading all this drivel.