Web page formetting

Gan Dalf

Hoping someone can help me with this. I am new to HTML so I'm not sure if I have done something wrong or if there is something else going on.

I have a cache (GC18F70) where the web page seemed to change itself at random. I didn't go into the web page and edit anything but a few days ago I went to the page to check on it and the page has grown. What I mean is that now in order to view the edges of the page, you have to scroll left and right in order to see it. the entire page used to fit inside the view of the web browser, now in order to view the very righ thand portion of th epage you have to use the scroll bar to see it. As I said, this wasn't like this before and I did nothing to make that way.

the other problem is that even though I've checked the box for formatting the cache description into HTML, the geochecker link that I have included is not hyperlinked, it's just the web address for it and so in order to use the geochecker info that I have provided the user has to copy the link and paste it into the url instead of just clicking on it.

Both of these things seemed to just happen on their own. As I said I just went to the web page one day and this is how it was.

Does anyone have any idea how this might have happend and what I can do to get it back the way it was?

thanks for any help you can give.

The changes you are seeing may be the result of HTMLTidy trying to clean up your page when you save it.

It appears to me that it is the Geochecker URL that is causing the page to 'widen'. You should replace that line with a correct link line using properly formated HTML, like this:

<p>You can check your answers for this puzzle on
<a href="http://www.geochecker.com/index.php?code=be2617a98d262e0902e98572eaeaa604&action=check&wp=47433138463730&name=57617465722057617465722045766572797768657265&visitcount=1">
Geochecker.com</a>.
</p>

The changes you are seeing may be the result of HTMLTidy trying to clean up your page when you save it.

It appears to me that it is the Geochecker URL that is causing the page to 'widen'. You should replace that line with a correct link line using properly formated HTML, like this:

<p>You can check your answers for this puzzle on
<a href="http://www.geochecker.com/index.php?code=be2617a98d262e0902e98572eaeaa604&action=check&wp=47433138463730&name=57617465722057617465722045766572797768657265&visitcount=1">
Geochecker.com</a>.
</p>

Thanks bunches, I had a feeling it had to do with the geochecker link but I couldn't figure out how to fix it. At one time the geochecker link WAS properly formatted so I think you must be right about this HTMLtidy thing changing it. I have noticed that sometimes other formatting changes have been made that I never put in there (things like </p> instead of the <p> that I originally put in for a paragraph) after returning to the eidt page after making manual changes.

Anyway thanks for the help and hopefully I will be able to recognize this when it happens in the future.