How do you carry multiple microSD cards?

xxgg

Hello.

For those of you with Garmin 60 series GPS (60CSx for me). If you do carry multiple microSD card(s) with you, how do you carry it with you ?

Would it be possible to somehow put one more microSD card somewhere in the battery compartment?

Anyone done some slight modifications to allow to carry one or more in there somehow?

I really rather somehow carry extra in the GPSr itself.

Would appreciate some pictures of yours. Thanks.

For those of you with Garmin 60 series GPS (60CSx for me). If you do carry multiple microSD card(s) with you, how do you carry it with you ?

Why would you want to do that ?

I can't imagine any reason why I would need more than one micro-SD card with me for my 60 CSX.

What are your intentions ?

Its quite possible that he has one of the pre-loaded cards so if he needs other maps he would need more cards.

What are your intentions ?

World domination?

I don't know...

I just would like to know how others does it.

I am sure there are others who have done it/is doing it.

:blink:

I work for a airline and my cost to fly to anywhere we fly is like a bus fair to me. (not that i fly much, but should do more of)

Hello.

Would it be possible to somehow put one more microSD card somewhere in the battery compartment?

Anyone done some slight modifications to allow to carry one or more in there somehow?

I have the entire US (City Navigator 7) loaded on a single 4GB micro SD card. I suppose, If I wanted to load Topo maps, and the 60CSx couldn't read the remainder of the card (possible, since it is designed for 2GB), I'd simply tape another micro SD to the inside of the cover. That said, I doubt I'd ever want to do that.

Hello.

In the photo printing section of our local super market they have a clear plastic holder that has a spring loaded clip on a short chain that will hold 4 micro or regular SD cards for 99 cents. I'm sure they can probably be found in other stores also.

Hello.

I have the entire US (City Navigator 7) loaded on a single 4GB micro SD card. I suppose, If I wanted to load Topo maps, and the 60CSx couldn't read the remainder of the card (possible, since it is designed for 2GB), I'd simply tape another micro SD to the inside of the cover. That said, I doubt I'd ever want to do that.

Hey, Parsa here...

Are you using an HCSD card or did you manage to find a standard 4GB microSD card? I've never seen one of the latter. In fact, 2GB is the largest I've seen for sale online. If you are using a 4GB SanDisk HCSD card, does it actually work on a 60csx???

I have no need or desire to carry multiple cards. I put as much Cn & topo maps on my single card as I need. I see no advantage to be carrying around the entire US when I have no plans anywhere in the near future to visit Washington, Oregon, etc.

I guess its a bragging rights to be able to claim you have the entire US loaded into your GPS.

Hello.

Radio Shack sells these plastic cases that hold 4 SD's for about $4, Pelican just made on that holds 8 SD's its about $17
I have no need or desire to carry multiple cards. I put as much Cn & topo maps on my single card as I need. I see no advantage to be carrying around the entire US when I have no plans anywhere in the near future to visit Washington, Oregon, etc.

I guess its a bragging rights to be able to claim you have the entire US loaded into your GPS.

I believe I question wasn't asking how many/little maps I wanted to load to a memory card... or asking if other users want to carry multiple cards or not either.

? ? ? :blink:

I was just going to say that, why would ANYONE want the entire US on 1 card? Have your home area, maybe with a 200Mi radius loaded, that's more than enough. Unless you plan to do a long haul, in which case, load more. But why would you want to load it full with places you'll never make it to?

I fly out of Miami to Brazil I start with Topo 2008, use WorldMap from the Bahamas till feet dry over Venezuela, then use Tracksource while in Brazil, maybe 4000 miles one way.

if you're handy, you may want to adapt this instructables project to a micro sd credit card wallet. i would envisioin something with the thickness of three credit cards stacked and stores away in your wallet along with the other cards to help keep things straight... click on the pictue to link to the site.

F5LQHPZF1OABQLE.MEDIUM.jpg

I could easily see why someone would want multiple cards:

Topo's for different parts of the country

Blue Chart card

City Navigator

Geocaching specific maps

Then buy a 4 GB micro SD card, load the Topo's, CNs, Blue Charts and other things you need in the next 12 months on it, and I'm sure, you have all you need, even in the 2 GB limited img file.

For 99,9% of the people it makes no sense to include e.g. Alaska, Hawaii and California, if they live in Oregon or New York.

Edited by NewZealand

Blue Chart card

City Navigator

Geocaching specific maps

Then buy a 4 GB micro SD card, load the Topo's, CNs, Blue Charts and other things you need in the next 12 months on it, and I'm sure, you have all you need, even in the 2 GB limited img file.

For 99,9% of the people it makes no sense to include e.g. Alaska, Hawaii and California, if they live in Oregon or New York.

I know this topic has been beat to death but isn't there a mapset limit of 2025?

Blue Chart card

City Navigator

Geocaching specific maps

I know this topic has been beat to death but isn't there a mapset limit of 2025?

There is a workaround, okay, youre right, sorry

Taping the xtra card to the inside of the battery cover is a great idea. I have all City Navigator NA and topo maps for the two state I frequent that fills up my 2gb card . The other card has topo maps I may not need on a daily basis but I work in emergency services and have had to run out the door and head south on short notice and I have enough to worry about and don't want to have to worry about loading maps beofre I go.

For my Garmin 60CSx I have City Navigator pre-loaded on the card (I travel all over the US and don't want to take the time to upload maps) plus I have a card that contains the western National Park 24K topos. So it does happen.

I usually put the extra card in with my camera since my Garmin nylon case doesn't have a pocket (a shame - would have been easy to put a little slip pocket in). I bought an "ultimate GPS case" - the bigger one - but it is kind of big for the 60CSx. Wish there was a mid-size one.

Edited by kenk

***I was just going to say that, why would ANYONE want the entire US on 1 card? Have your home area, maybe with a 200Mi radius loaded, that's more than enough. Unless you plan to do a long haul, in which case, load more. But why would you want to load it full with places you'll never make it to?***

Because I have the space on my card to load the whole USA...it DOES NOT make my 60csx any heavier.

***I was just going to say that, why would ANYONE want the entire US on 1 card? Have your home area, maybe with a 200Mi radius loaded, that's more than enough. Unless you plan to do a long haul, in which case, load more. But why would you want to load it full with places you'll never make it to?***

Because I have the space on my card to load the whole USA...it DOES NOT make my 60csx any heavier.

Thank you.

Since micro SD cards, and mini SD cards and plain old SD cards are smaller than a postage stame, why not put them in a tiny zip lock bag like those personalized stampe and put them in your wallet?

But then again, what's wrong with the Polypropylene containers that they come in? I can fit dozens of them in my pocket. And being so small they naturally sink to the bottom of my pocket so as to not ever have the possibility of falling out.