Carrier for GPSr and paraphenalia

CarlfromOH

I use this one from GPS Outfitters:

bagii1yd.jpg

I think I got it for around $12.

I put the GPS in the main pouch, the digital camera in the smaller one, and a flashlight, pens, batteries, and a lot of smaller items in the side pockets or attached using d-rings. I like it cause it's big enough to pack everything, small enough to keep on my belt or hooked to a belt loop, and it doesn't look like a purse.

you bring "paraphenalia" on the "stash hunt"? ;)

littlecat got me a waist bag similar to this for my last birthday:

p3643997p275w.jpg

I don't wear it, cause it'd look silly on me, but it looked pretty good on her. Holds 2 water bottles, gpsr, pda, camera, batteries, swag, and just about anything else you'd want.

Any body have a recommendation for a carrier/bag/pouch/holster for carrying your GPSr? I would be nice to also have room for extra batteries, small flashlight, etc

Thanks!

I use a multi pocket waist belt .Arround $20.00 .I carry small binoculars ,flashlight,lighter,multitool,reading

glasses, small camera, small can of animal pepper spray and when not in use my pocket pc all fits very nicely . The 3 pockets spreads the load out so you dont have one big bulky mess in front of you. I wear it to my side so that one of the smaller pockets is in front . Oh ya there is a very small pocket on another pocket that I put 2 batteries in .

Works great .

For a long time I used a small camera bag I bought at a garage sale for fifty cents. Then for Christmas Mrs. Santa Claus gave me a Maxpedition Versipack, :ph34r::)

A little pricey but this pack is perfect for me. Lots of secure compartments, a place to clip my GPSr, a compartment for my Leatherman tool kit, etc. It also works as a holster, on those rare times I take a pistol.

Keeps it out of sight so I don't bother those who are uncomfortable around one. (I have a permit)

:blink: I've been using a Maxpedition JUMBO Versipack for a few months now with no complaints. Its the perfect urban/semi urban geopack for me.

0412b_new_1088_general.jpg

Holy crap! $83.00 for that??

I've been using one of the below for ages....good old fashioned knapsack that costs about $15.00. It worked as a bookbag in college, as a quasi-briefcase for work, and as a knapsack for the occasional jaunt in the woods. But no, it wouldn't work very well for carrying a concealed weapon. (The video at the bottom of the Maxpedition page is kind of funny.)

3491.jpg

Edited by Noscitare
Still other times, I use one of these:

williams-f1-bmw-williams-windbreaker-performance.JPG

BMW/Williams...

Is that the Nick Heidfeld model or the Robert Kubica model... and is it wind tunnel tested?

:D

DCC

(who was raised a Ferrari F1 fan from the age of about 10)

Beats me. I googled 'windbreaker' and got that. Edited by sbell111