How many caches have you found in one day?

Hick@Heart

Someone recently logged a find in one of my caches. They said it was 1 of 31 finds for that day. What is the most number of caches you have found in one day. Not including a bunch of TB's at an event.

Edit to add to the discussion: It seems to me that you couldn't enjoy the trip while hustling to grab that many finds.

Edited by Hick@Heart

Well, my brother from the other coast came for a visit. He figured we could get higher numbers by going to an area that none of us had visited. So, we went through the Lincoln, and Queens-Midtown Tunnel, and headed out the LIE to the West Hills. Even with the driving, we managed 19 caches. Without my brother around, I think we've done ten in one day.

One time, while with a group caching in a part of this large County where I had not been before, I found 47. On another day, on a "cache run" with someone working towards a "Milestone," we found 41. That cache run just about cured me of any desire to hunt for "urban caches" ever again . . . ;)

The best, most-cache day for me was when I found 32 caches during 12 miles of hiking in a large Regional Park. :D

Found 240 in 24 hours, and enjoyed it very much, signed all the logbooks and remember most all of 'em. I'll be the judge of whether I'm having fun, thank you.

I love how you're already defensive :D It's almost like you know what's coming :D

See John 20:27. ;)

I was mainly reacting to the assertion in the OP that I couldn't possibly have enjoyed myself. Ummm, when I'm not having fun, I stop.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Found 240 in 24 hours, and enjoyed it very much, signed all the logbooks and remember most all of 'em. I'll be the judge of whether I'm having fun, thank you.

I love how you're already defensive :D It's almost like you know what's coming :D

I was mainly reacting to the assertion in the OP that I couldn't possibly have enjoyed myself. Ummm, when I'm not having fun, I stop.

I initially doubted, but I did my 64 in about 10 hours and that included about an hour lunch.. So going at my speed (which was by no means very fast), I could have done more than I ever imagined I would have been able to do. They go by pretty fast when you just put your head down and plug away :D

Up to this point the most for me in a single day is 8 which was on my first day of caching. Got 6 today and have gotten 7 other days. But I can see getting more. There is a marathon not far from here that I want to do (26 caches, 1 per mile) with a final cache gotten from clues on each of the 26. I hope to get all 27 in one day when I go for that.

Craig

C&S 143

I was with a group that found 217 caches in 22 1/2 hours and we had a ball. It wasn't so much about the quality of the caches but the fun we had as a group doing this mission. Like The Leprechauns when it is not fun I stop too. (Unless I quit first because everyone is tired :D )

Best day: 10/11/06 - 22 finds

It was my birthday, and my girlfriend (now my wife) took me to a very cache rich area in Oklahoma City, and we just followed the "next cache" in my GPSr without regard to where it took us. We ended up doing tons of P&Gs and a lot of those were LPCs. It was a fun day, but I wouldn't want to cache like that every time.

Edited because I typo'd (not my wife) when I meant (now my wife).... lol

Edited by Okiebryan

Best day: 10/11/06 - 22 finds

It was my birthday, and my girlfriend (now my wife) took me to a very cache rich area in Oklahoma City, and we just followed the "next cache" in my GPSr without regard to where it took us. We ended up doing tons of P&Gs and a lot of those were LPCs. It was a fun day, but I wouldn't want to cache like that every time.

Edited because I typo'd (not my wife) when I meant (now my wife).... lol

Glad you caught the typo. You'd have a lot of explaining to do if your wife saw the unedited version.

Someone recently logged a find in one of my caches. They said it was 1 of 31 finds for that day. What is the most number of caches you have found in one day. Not including a bunch of TB's at an event.

Edit to add to the discussion: It seems to me that you couldn't enjoy the trip while hustling to grab that many finds.

The best I've been able to get away with is 76. I was game for more but my caching buddy was just plain worn out!

As for fun, It sure can be - especially if you feed off each other's enthusiasm.

Even funner if you can remember each cache during the logging and bait for comments..

All right, I'm going to call you out on this one and I don't think I'm a jerk for doing so. If you worked alone, that is one cache every six minutes for 24 hours. If they were all 500 feet apart as the geocaching standards mandate, you had to move pretty fast.

How did you do it? All 1/1s in the city?

All right, I'm going to call you out on this one and I don't think I'm a jerk for doing so. If you worked alone, that is one cache every six minutes for 24 hours. If they were all 500 feet apart as the geocaching standards mandate, you had to move pretty fast.

Can be done!! Just take a look at the density of areas like San Jose CA and Yuba City CA.

It's easy to pull in 15/hr in some of the areas with such density and still manage food & restroom breaks.

Heck, I pulled in 20 in less than two hours just driving from Sonoma to Vallejo!

I replied to the thread by truthfully answering how many caches I found in one day. That's the subject of this thread; not to "call out" people. How do we know that the person who claims 32 finds really only found 30? Or that the person who found 16 relied on "phone a friend" for six of them when they couldn't find the caches quickly?

If you want to learn more about my high finds day, search for posts by my account that have the word "240" in them. That search will return two pages worth of topics for you to read.

Most finds in a day: 74, on 4/28/2007

Best weekend caching: 88 finds, on Saturday 4/28/2007 & Sunday 4/29/2007

Best week caching: 102 finds, from Monday 4/23/2007 to Sunday 4/29/2007

Most finds in a calendar month: 144, in Apr 2007

Fastest 100 finds: 3 days from 4/27/2007 to 4/29/2007

Per the numbers off my profile page. The same Cache Machine as shop99er, what a blast it was!! 74 was from 6am till 12 midnight. Stopped for a brief lunch and an extended dinner. Many stories for that day, and many fantastic new sights we saw. Not something I would do to often, but occasionally its well worth it.