Owners responsibility ?

LECTRAGLIDE

I found a muggled cache . I cleaned it put a log book and pen in it and replaced it .

There had been several dnfs on this cache . Until last mnth someone said they found it where I found it about 25 yrs away . They did nothing with it except log what they saw on the web site. The last good find was 11 mnths ago .

I guess I wouldnt care but the owner said this was their 50th hide .

Are they all this well maintained ?

Just wondering .

Edited by LECTRAGLIDE

I found a muggled cache . I cleaned it put a log book and pen in it and replaced it .

There had been several dnfs on this cache . Until last mnth someone said they found it where I found it about 25 yrs away . They did nothing with it except log what they saw on the web site. The last good find was 11 mnths ago .

Just wondering .

This, I do not understand.

I found a muggled cache . I cleaned it put a log book and pen in it and replaced it. There had been several dnfs on this cache. Until last month someone said they found it where I found it about 25 yrs away. They did nothing with it except log what they saw on the web site.
While it was kind of you to try to rehabilitate the cache, it is ultimately the owner's responsibility. Finders are not obligated to do so (which, I'm surmising, is why the last finder did nothing). I see that the last finder at least posted a "needs maintenance" flag on the log; that's the least IMHO that any finder should do. Not all cache seekers carry cache-rehab equipment.

I guess I wouldnt care but the owner said this was their 50th hide. Are they all this well maintained ? Just wondering.
I think you mean this comment to be sarcastic. You could go the extra step and log a "needs maintenance" to ensure the reviewer can adequately track it.

A topic like this was started a while back. Take a look.

Edited by meralgia
I found a muggled cache . I cleaned it put a log book and pen in it and replaced it. There had been several dnfs on this cache. Until last month someone said they found it where I found it about 25 yrs away. They did nothing with it except log what they saw on the web site.
While it was kind of you to try to rehabilitate the cache, it is ultimately the owner's responsibility. Finders are not obligated to do so (which, I'm surmising, is why the last finder did nothing). I see that the last finder at least posted a "needs maintenance" flag on the log; that's the least IMHO that any finder should do. Not all cache seekers carry cache-rehab equipment.

I guess I wouldnt care but the owner said this was their 50th hide. Are they all this well maintained ? Just wondering.
I think you mean this comment to be sarcastic. You could go the extra step and log a "needs maintenance" to ensure the reviewer can adequately track it.

A topic like this was started a while back. Take a look.

I did send the owners a very nice PM telling them the cache needed help and to PM me if I could help .

Nothing sarcastic about that at all .

Thanks

Just wondering .

Should have posted an SBA. Then either the owner takes action, or it gets archived and someone else (hopefully more responsible) can put a cache there if they wish.