anybody GC at ft bragg back in 03-04?

boogletduo

I started geocaching back in 03-04 at ft bragg to familiarize myself with gps technology, in prep for going to iraq, and to have fun while doing it.

I found some caches on-post, went to iraq, came home & forgot about geocaching for a while. by the time I thought to get back into it, I'd forgotten my login, and no longer had the email acct I'd registered with. I remember that one that I (unsuccessfully) went after was called "home plate" or something like that (or maybe that was the hint?) and was near a school or park, and I may have logged a DNF on it ... one that I remember finding successfully was an ammo box hidden in the wooded median area near one of the PX's ... at the time, there was a poncho, some chemsticks, and other stuff that I can not remember hidden in it. I'm sure that if somebody named off a couple that used to be there and are archived, it would ring a bell. the ones that I've looked at on google earth that are listed on post are all from after that time, or are one that I did not attempt :/

I'm near Ft Bragg and was caching back then. I don't remember there being any caches on the base itself, but I do remember there being a couple caches near the base in Spring Lake. One was Airborne Halo Pass which was a creative hide in the median of Hwy 24. There are also a few other caches in Spring Lake that were hidden in that same time frame. There is a series of woodland trails near a school just south of Spring Lake and there were 2 or 3 caches hidden out there if I remember correctly, but I don't remember the exact names.

Hope that helps...

EDIT: I'm not familiar w/ the PX's at Bragg, but from what you described I think you are talking about the Halo Pass cache.

Edited by medic208