My Account page

*SLJK*

site is working fast again....thanks for the repairs.....kinda forced us to be creative inour approach to getting info and logging........that what computer geeks do......while inconvenient to all, those that whined should think of it as a challenge.....because i am sure it will happen again. i too am curiious what the underlying problems where...be nice to know.

Thanks all for posting here! My daughter woke up sick today so that cancelled any and all caching plans. Thanks for giving me an amusing alternative. :blink:

I also would like to say thanks to the Groundspeak guys for getting things straightened out in a more than reasonable amount of time. (in my opinion anyway). As a member for 4 years, any and all problems have been worked thru. In another forum discussion, the topic is user ID #'s, it is being discussed how fast membership is growing. Yea, these guys have been maintaining/operating this site for quite a while, but as fast as demands (and technology) are changing, I'm sure it seems like they are constantly in a new learning curve.

Here's to you, Mr. Geocache Website Designer Guy, THIS BUDS FOR YOU!!!

:blink:

If you guys been aroudn here long enough. You would relize that this happens quite often and I have gotten used to it especailly if they did some changes durring week as it appears they had with that new error page in which I am having issues with. This topic is not to discuss about why in the heck I am spending $2.50 and month about this, it is about the problem with my account page. I put my premium membership to good use and use the tool GSAK along with PQs to keep me up with my Geocaches even if the site is down.

Now as I mentioned in the other topic. The only page that is not working for me is my account page at http://www.geocaching.com/my and what its doing is hijacking me to the error page to a different address at http://www.geocaching.com/error/general.aspx, disabling my ability to use the F5 key. I am considering sending in a support ticket over this new site problem as If I get this page while submitting something my browser would automatically bring up that error page even if its working because, one it changed the address to directly the error page and not the page I needed, and two my browser has a screwy cache (Temporary Internet Files) system.

I'm not so sure that's a bug. If part of the problem is load caused by users loading the "my" page, I can see why they wouldn't want 1000 users hitting F5 over and over again to see if it will load "this" time...thereby multiplying the underlying load problem.

For those of us in the tech field, can you disclose what was the problem was and how it was fixed?

The doohickey wasn't communicating with the whatchamacallit because the thingamajig was discombobulated. Once the doodad was rebooted, everything started working normally. ;)

I thought someone said it was the Knooter Valve in the back of the left Helmugdater??

Thanks all for posting here! My daughter woke up sick today so that cancelled any and all caching plans. Thanks for giving me an amusing alternative. ;)

I also would like to say thanks to the Groundspeak guys for getting things straightened out in a more than reasonable amount of time. (in my opinion anyway). As a member for 4 years, any and all problems have been worked thru. In another forum discussion, the topic is user ID #'s, it is being discussed how fast membership is growing. Yea, these guys have been maintaining/operating this site for quite a while, but as fast as demands (and technology) are changing, I'm sure it seems like they are constantly in a new learning curve.

Here's to you, Mr. Geocache Website Designer Guy, THIS BUDS FOR YOU!!!

:D

Agreed! Thanks so much Mr or Mrs or TEAM Webmasters!

I noticed allot of people are getting onto there accounts page now, I am still not able to do this. I can get to the main page and go into where I can find caches through hide and seek and search for caches on the right hand side of the main page and go into all the other links but the my account page? It says that it has encountered an error when requesting this page.

I noticed allot of people are getting onto there accounts page now, I am still not able to do this. I can get to the main page and go into where I can find caches through hide and seek and search for caches on the right hand side of the main page and go into all the other links but the my account page? It says that it has encountered an error when requesting this page.

You need to clear the cache on your browser....