Downloading routes/waypoints into a NUVI 350

horsedoc24

Does anyone have a hint to help me download waypoints in a route into a NUVI 350? I have a route stored with multiple waypoints as a .gpx file. I downloaded this file into my GPS Map 76 CS and into a Garmin C 530 Streetpilot, however cannot get the 350 to take the .gpx files. If anyone has a suggestion let me know. Thanks in advance for your help...

Hey Horse,

Howd you make out on this one?

Im trying to load some on my 360 Nuvi tonight.

And yes i think this isnt so bad to use for getting

to the "trail head" or the start area of a cache.

I had no problems using my Handheld to get to

caches and all but it took my eyes off the road a lot

more than it should have to make sure i was heading in

the right direction.

Ill let you know how i make out..

Im thinking this will be totaly coolbeing able to google earthout a map

and then go from there to upload and save on the garmin and have them

load up

WOW!.

I tried a demo run here at my house to vegas!

it worked! my system showed 500 added into my favorites

from here to vegas. although it appears to use the GC(29320)

type of name and no other data transfered.

Im just starting to figure this out and omg!

If you place the GPX file in the GPX folder on your nuvi, it should read it and ask you if you want to import the data. Be aware that you can't load routes to the nuvi 350, so only the waypoints can be loaded.

Alternately, you can send the data using MapSource if you have that.

I just got my nuvi 350 two days ago, so I'm still in the learning mode. I use GSAK with my Explorist 500 for finding my way to the cache. So I used the same database in GSAK & exported to a GPX file. Then I used the Garmin POI Loader & upload the file to the SD card. All my Custom POI files I keep on the SD card. I don't load them to the 350. My Favorites are on the 350 & my Custom POIs are on the card. Makes sense to me. You can export different GPX files, say one for a Sunday trip or a weekend trip or just a list of "ones to do". They will show up as different catagories in the 350. If you set up GSAK right, you see the "smart name" listed on the 350, not the GC number. The 350 also shows cache name, by who, D/T.

My routing method - I'm planing a cache day tomorrow. So I go to GSAK database pick the caches I want to do, filter them out. Then I look at a map & see the order I want to do them in. Then in front of the smart name I put Z1, Z2, Z3......which is the order I want to do them in. Tomorrow morning I go to Custom POIs Saturday trip catagory, pick Z1....& off I go. When I find the cache, pick Z2... & so on. The Z2 will be easy to find in the list, because the list is by closest distance. The reason for the Z is so if it's too far down the list I can spell it Z... very quickly. Also, I don't have to wite down the names of the cache & the order. Sometimes jumping to the next closest works, but not always. So I like to plan the route.

I'd be interested in how others use the 350 & Custom POIs.

Ok, WOW!

I made a path ran a pocket query

Got the results, got the custom POI

program and have them loaded into the garmin nuvi.

VERY COOL!

Lemme ask this next,

Have you found a way to make the nuvi show the Cache description

and the CORDS on the nuvi screen.

I would like to be able to have these load into and be viewed in the

garmin screen so when i get to the general area I can load the CORDS into

my magellan and then go on foot for the final part of the hunt.

Any tips ideas or tricks to make this happen?

using GSAK and garmins custom poi loader as of now

Thanks

I just got my nuvi 350 two days ago, so I'm still in the learning mode. I use GSAK with my Explorist 500 for finding my way to the cache. So I used the same database in GSAK & exported to a GPX file. Then I used the Garmin POI Loader & upload the file to the SD card. All my Custom POI files I keep on the SD card. I don't load them to the 350. My Favorites are on the 350 & my Custom POIs are on the card. Makes sense to me. You can export different GPX files, say one for a Sunday trip or a weekend trip or just a list of "ones to do". They will show up as different catagories in the 350. If you set up GSAK right, you see the "smart name" listed on the 350, not the GC number. The 350 also shows cache name, by who, D/T.

My routing method - I'm planing a cache day tomorrow. So I go to GSAK database pick the caches I want to do, filter them out. Then I look at a map & see the order I want to do them in. Then in front of the smart name I put Z1, Z2, Z3......which is the order I want to do them in. Tomorrow morning I go to Custom POIs Saturday trip catagory, pick Z1....& off I go. When I find the cache, pick Z2... & so on. The Z2 will be easy to find in the list, because the list is by closest distance. The reason for the Z is so if it's too far down the list I can spell it Z... very quickly. Also, I don't have to wite down the names of the cache & the order. Sometimes jumping to the next closest works, but not always. So I like to plan the route.

I'd be interested in how others use the 350 & Custom POIs.

Ok Wow well figured it out here is latest string i use

%lat %long %desc %hint %correct %gcid

and how has your luck with the stability of GSAK been?

As of now I know what codes i want to use.

I know where i put them. and I CRASH the program EVERY single time lol..

Cache description

%c_lat =D %c_long=D %desc

(I have tried with and without spaces in the lat=d and without etc)

help any clues?!?!

You can use GSAK to export that lat and long into a GPX with the Smart or Short name and load this as your Custom POI.

Edited by Big_Lebowski

Hey moto momma,

Question,

Is it just my still figuring it out or when your setting it all up

does it seem like you cant use all the blank space for the "custom poi"

Details page when you choose one from the list? It seems 1/2 the screen would still

have space for text? or is there a character limitation..

Im loving the abilities im figuring out all how it runs and loving it.

But it seems its not showing all details called for ??

You can use GSAK to export that lat and long into a GPX with the Smart or Short name and load this as your Custom POI.