Tracking a cacher's logs

Blackjack Bailey

Easy, sort of.... Get a TB and attach it to yourself. Then drop it in a cache and take it out for each visit to a cache that you do. You can track my cache hiker TB. Basically I will put it into a cache and take it out on all visits. There may be an easier way, but this is one that you can try. Or you can also be the TB I guess. Wear the TB at all times and someone who sees you could probably log a find. If it turns out that a lot of logs turn up on the site from different people between your cache visits, it may be that you are either at an event or lying down some ravine slowly rotting away. So we can also check on the logs to see that you are OK :lol: or not. :lol:

Edited by Wazat
Cincol, just tracking my TB will let you know which caches I have been to. So you can see my travels. I also know where I am. But following my TB is basically following me. So put my TB on your watch list.

I agree that your method will work in your case, because of your TB, but what if I want to track anyone else's logs? I can't exactly ask them to set up a TB like you've done!

Is there a way to get an automatic email notification of all logs made by a particular cacher?

Don't think it's possible - privacy issues...

By keeping a GSAK database updated with regular pocket queries, you can do amazing stuff, like extracting the travels of a certain cacher, who doesn't have a TB around his/her neck...

By keeping a GSAK database updated with regular pocket queries, you can do amazing stuff, like extracting the travels of a certain cacher, who doesn't have a TB around his/her neck...

That's a good idea! Not as immediate as an email notification, but good enough.

I keep a weekly updated database of all SA's caches on GSAK, so in theory I should achieve what I need. However, I can't seem to get GSAK to display all the logs for every cache, even though I've checked that there are no filters restricting the number of logs. Any ideas that I should consider?

I actually pondered this some time ago as well. I reckon it would be a nice feature to add onto your "my friends" feature, with your friends permission of course.

Honestly I would love that to. Even knowing who is watching my caches since I am the cache owner would be great (for my own interest...)

This is possible on members only caches

I actually pondered this some time ago as well. I reckon it would be a nice feature to add onto your "my friends" feature, with your friends permission of course.

Honestly I would love that to. Even knowing who is watching my caches since I am the cache owner would be great (for my own interest...)

This is possible on members only caches

I just see the audit log, which is sort of fun to see (Huskies & Battlerat I know you want to find Lucky #7 now!).

I don't see where to see the 3 peoples names who are watching the cache though. Hints???

I just see the audit log, which is sort of fun to see (Huskies & Battlerat I know you want to find Lucky #7 now!).

I don't see where to see the 3 peoples names who are watching the cache though. Hints???

Apologies for excitement, quite correct, just an audit log of who has viewed it.... been a long time since I looked :D:lol:

Haven't tried it myself, but it might be worth looking at the Gsak macro 'Addlogs'

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=5009

Looks interesting, but I'll need a quiet hour or so to work through the process! :D

The more I see what can be done with GSAK, the more impressed I become! An amazing piece of software.

I've just tested this macro and it works perfectly! I had to adjust some of my computer's file associations (from notepad to wscript) - found out how to do that from the very comprehensive thread on the GSAK forum.