A free geocaching magazine.

El Diablo

I'm toying with the idea of reviving Today's Cacher online magazine. It probably won't be as grand as the last one. This one will be a little more fun and laid back for the staff.

So I'm kind of testing the waters here to see the interest and the support we might expect. I need people to volunteer to help. I need writers, a webmaster, editors...etc.

The magazine will focus on articles from cachers around the world.

If you would like to see this brought back, let us know.

El Diablo

I wouldn't think a print magazine would be so hot of an idea.

I would pay for a subscription and contribute content to an online one, and do whatever I could to help you get Today's Cacher back up and running - I liked it!

There would be no cash paid subscriptions. Just pay by helping.

El Diablo

I think it's a good idea...any intent to also incorporate Waymarking and other GPS related topics or just mainly geocaching-centric?

Best wishes with it if you move forward.

It would be mainly geocaching-centric, since that's where the main interest of the readers focus. However Waymarking or any GPS related topic would be welcomed and of interest to readers.

El Diablo

I've seen a lot of these magazine posts and I guess my feeling is this. If I could pay for a subscription and have it arrive at my door, I would do it and take a look at the mag when it arrives and beyond.

For some reason, if it was an online thing and I got an e-mail notification saying it was new, etc. I would prolly just delete the e-mail and never look at it.

I think it is because, if I'm on the net, I'm on the board or doing logs or browsing the site in general or looking at something else on the web. It's the times when I'm not on the web that I would sit back and notice a "geocaching magazine" and pick it up and take a look.

I'm not sure why. Thats just how it is with me.

I've seen a lot of these magazine posts and I guess my feeling is this. If I could pay for a subscription and have it arrive at my door, I would do it and take a look at the mag when it arrives and beyond.

For some reason, if it was an online thing and I got an e-mail notification saying it was new, etc. I would prolly just delete the e-mail and never look at it.

I think it is because, if I'm on the net, I'm on the board or doing logs or browsing the site in general or looking at something else on the web. It's the times when I'm not on the web that I would sit back and notice a "geocaching magazine" and pick it up and take a look.

I'm not sure why. Thats just how it is with me.

I have to agree. I like to sit in the comfy recliner with a nice cup of coffee and read a stack of magazines when I get the chance. Sometimes I have about 6 or 7 to go through, but if I have 2 hours with no kids or husband, it's a great way to relax. When I am online, I have so many other things to do (email, check cache listings, NEPAG, online classes for continuing ed recertification, etc.) that I don't really want to sit and read lengthy articles. Not to say I wouldn't look at an online caching magazine, but I wouldn't feel super-enthusiastic about it either.

...If you would like to see this brought back, let us know.
Hey El Diablo!

I discovered the original version of Today's Cacher just in time for it to disappear. I would love to see it revived! I'm not sure how I could help, but I certainly support the idea.

:blink:

It didn't disappear. You can still read 3 years of publication here Today's Cacher Just click on TC Archives.

El Diablo

Didn't another magazine just get it's start? Has anyone heard anything about that one?

I remember Today's Cacher as decent to read online but always a source of arguments and angst here in the forums. ;)

Do you really have the time and energy to start it up again? The commitment to take a magazine on and run it again for years and years and years? The energy to work with all the crazies (I mean geocachers) who will be submitting stuff to you and your group of volunteers?

:ph34r:

I always meant to submit something but life kept getting in the way.

-J

Didn't another magazine just get it's start? Has anyone heard anything about that one?

I remember Today's Cacher as decent to read online but always a source of arguments and angst here in the forums. ;)

Do you really have the time and energy to start it up again? The commitment to take a magazine on and run it again for years and years and years? The energy to work with all the crazies (I mean geocachers) who will be submitting stuff to you and your group of volunteers?

:ph34r:

I always meant to submit something but life kept getting in the way.

-J

The other magazine you are talking about is a paid printed issue. I want to bring back the free online publication.

Do I have the time and energy? Yes. If I can find a good webmaster I'll be off to the races.

El Diablo