Introducing the Viking Runestone Geocoin

mousekakat

Viking Runestone Geocoin

These great looking geocoins were the concept of Naomi “Mousekakat” of Sweden. She and I worked together to come up with the final design and I think they look very nice. These Geocoins are 1.75” x 3.5mm, imitation hard enamel, trackable with unique icons. These are all limited and WILL NOT be re-minted.

See the pictures on my site: http://www.castlecoinsandpins.com/shop/ind...products_id=224

MINTING:

Antique Gold: 120 minted

Antique Copper: 120 minted

Antique Nickel: 60 minted

XLE Gold “Mousekakat Edition”: 35 minted (SOLD OUT)…Naomi may have a few in two weeks from today.

Here is Naomi’s story. The inspiration of the coins:

A little more than 8 years ago I moved to Sweden from Texas. Everything was so different here and so old and ancient. I have a love of history and was just amazed to see these things, runestones, churches, even paths through the forest that were hundreds upon hundreds of years old. Micke, my husband, always enjoyed letting me know about how the Vikings (my high school mascot, no less) were the first to discover North America. I received my dual Swedish citizenship about 4 years old and am proud of it. This coin is my way of showing my pride in my adopted country and the country of my children and husband! I've found my own little piece of Heaven... or is that Valhalla, here in Sweden!

WOW Naomi!!! That is a beautiful coin!!!

I like Vickings and their story! I have a book about them! Inside there is also the whole ceremony of a vicking funeral! WOW!

Great worriors, great and fearless sailors who unfortunatelly did not get the recognision that they were the first who found America, great mythology, and they had great ships!!!

Their ships could sail and travell the atlantic, but could also go in the rivers, even if the rivers were not so deep!!! The ships were not heavy, so they could carry them until the next river!!!

GO VICKINGs, GO!!! :drama:

Good job Naomi!!!

Nikos

Gosh, what an exciting few hours!

I can't tell you how this feels. I am so excited and just in shock! I had faith in my idea and all, but it's so hard to put that faith into things sometimes and I was terrified that I'd get up this morning and there'd be almost all the stock left on the site! You just don't know how excited and shocked I was to see that all the coins had sold out except for a few of the antique copper! Right now you couldn't slap the grin off my face!

I want to thank Jim for taking this and running with it. He really earned his angel halo on this one, he took a woman who knew about ummm... nothing, lol, about doing a coin and helped me through this process. I feel like I learned a lot from him and about the process and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Thank you all for all your kind words and for everything else! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Naomi :lol:

Gosh, what an exciting few hours!

I can't tell you how this feels. I am so excited and just in shock! I had faith in my idea and all, but it's so hard to put that faith into things sometimes and I was terrified that I'd get up this morning and there'd be almost all the stock left on the site! You just don't know how excited and shocked I was to see that all the coins had sold out except for a few of the antique copper! Right now you couldn't slap the grin off my face!

I want to thank Jim for taking this and running with it. He really earned his angel halo on this one, he took a woman who knew about ummm... nothing, lol, about doing a coin and helped me through this process. I feel like I learned a lot from him and about the process and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Thank you all for all your kind words and for everything else! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Naomi :lol:

Congrats to you Mousekakat, almost all off your coin are purchased.

Is this your first coin????

You are good!!

Well, I'm really enjoying hearing that you guys are liking the coins! It was a lot of fun to make and a lot of fun to watch your reactions to!

Thanks for making this Texan transplant to Sweden so happy! :D

Hehehe, you guys have seen this coin in person before I have, lol!

I can't wait to see it myself!

Naomi :D

I got the email notification for this coin on my pda, so I was able to get it :D Didn't have the budget for it :D , but how can I pass mousekakats first coin, which is full of Swedish heritage, a country that I have visited several times and where I have friends?

I just saw very small pictures of the coins until today, and I really liked the design. Today I saw for the first time the big pictures on my computer, and they look even better :D Can't wait until I have them in my mailbox (a gold one and a copper one), but I will have to wait a little bit longer as they are shipped today because I didn't have access to my paypal-account until today...

Great work, Naomi, congratulations!!! :D:D:D

Well, did everyone get theirs that have them coming? I hope so and that you're all enjoying them! Thanks so much for buying my first coin the way that you did, it's a very special feeling!

I was wondering if there was enough interest to possibly do a remint in another metal? And no, Keewee, granite is NOT a metal :D

Originally we weren't going to do a remint, and we still may not, but I was wondering what the desire for it would be!

So, is there interest in a remint, ya'll?