Registry entries for custom maps (Family or Product)

simoesl

Hello guys,

I need some help please

does anyone know for sure what the entries should be in the registry?

(have windows vista)

i.e. any new map should be registered as a new Family or new Product?

In case of Family entry, any rules for the ID?

i.e. like this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Families\mapname]

ID=hex:6b,02

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Families\mapname\1]

Bmap=C:\Garmin\custom\\basemap.img

Tdb=C:\Garmin\custom\product.tdb

Loc=C:\Garmin\custom

or

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Products\mapname]

Loc=C:\\Garmin\custom

BMAP"=C:\Garmin\\Custom\basemap.img

TDB=C:\Garmin\Custom\product.tdb

TIA

It depends on how you created the .tdb file. If you used cgpsmapper to generate it and used ProductCode= then you set up the registry for a product. If you used FID= & ID= then you would set it up in the Families section. The id in the registry needs to match the values you used when creating the .tdb.

thanks for the quick response!

I am using cgpsmapper and used Product=;

Understand now what the ID is in the family (and I will convert it to hex).

One point still you can help perhaps:

is there a rule for the levels?

the note I found in an example says:

<<Levels control the preview display, Level0 should match the BIT value for the last (empty) level set in MapEdit, Level1 seems good if set lower by one>>

Happens that I go the IMG files i.e. I am not sure if and how they were generated in MapEdit...

so not sure which values we must/should use for levels...

thanks again

luis

In gpsmapedit open the .mp or .img file and press the keys 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. to change the zoom level, watch the bottom of the screen and it will show what level is being displayed. When you hit the first blank level, or when you reach the last level note what level is being displayed. Now choose File->Map Properties, then click on the levels tab, now you can see the levels and the bits per level. If there is only one blank level then it won't display the blank level when you are pressing the number keys to go through them so the blank level will be the last one listed in the levels section. So for instance if the first blank level was level3 and 17 is the bits for that level, then you would use level0=17 for your preview map.

In gpsmapedit open the .mp or .img file and press the keys 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. to change the zoom level, watch the bottom of the screen and it will show what level is being displayed. When you hit the first blank level, or when you reach the last level note what level is being displayed. Now choose File->Map Properties, then click on the levels tab, now you can see the levels and the bits per level. If there is only one blank level then it won't display the blank level when you are pressing the number keys to go through them so the blank level will be the last one listed in the levels section. So for instance if the first blank level was level3 and 17 is the bits for that level, then you would use level0=17 for your preview map.

THANKS!!