What are some of the BEST swag item/items you have found?

JayPeg

I was just looking at some caches in British Columbia and discovered the owner of the cache had placed some significant booty at the cache for FTF STF TTF. check out the description GCAAE8, GCA7C7.

I was wondering what other people have found as an FTF prize or if it was found much later.

I was wondering what other people have found as an FTF prize or if it was found much later.

I found a FTF prize in a cache, two days after it was published on the AT trail. The cache was a huge Ammo can. Inside the ammo can was, a small camo ammo can with "For FTF Finder" all over it.

Inside the Ammo can was:

a camo decon container

a pill container, with 4 engergizer batteries

a carabineener light

a Write in the Rain book

a disposible camera

a small geocaching.com container

pens and pencils

a pencil sharpener

and $35 gift certificate to Best Buy(I think I'm forgetting some items). All with the laminated congratulations for being FTF. I was in shock at the amount of booty in there for the first person. So I emptied my pockets of all my cash, and put it in cache.

But that wasn't all, there's were at least 6 more pill containers with 4 energizers each, along with many of the same items for future cachers. To this day, I'm still in shock, to the amount of money and effort was put into the cache.

Edited by reedkickball

We've found (and placed) several that were well above the average find. The one I remember the most, we had to hike about 1/2 mile up a mountain road to get to. It had a new set of two way radios, several geocoins, a new led headlamp & among other kewl stuff, a ONE OUNCE silver coin:2vv466g.jpg33z42mu.jpg

Edited by fastforty

I have to say it was last weekend. I was doing a maint run on one of my caches and found a MetroCard for the NYC subway. I assumed it was empty (they almost always are) and cleaned it out with some other trash.

Later that week I was making my regular commute to NYC and realized that I left my MetroCard home. I remembered the one from my cache was in my jacket pocket. The line to buy a new card was really long, so I figured what the heck and swiped it. Turned out it has a full week's worth of rides on it. :ph34r:

I found a sawed off doll arm once.

Oh, and then there was this rather large marijuana grow..

It's sort of a toss up as to which was the most memorable. I must admit, the fear factor involved in finding someone's illegal grow made for some excitement. And a little bit of 'we should probably get the he|| outta here'.

michelle

Edited by CurmudgeonlyGal

I found a packet of seeds in a cache way out in the boondocks. They looked like they might be marijuana seeds and I didn't want little kids finding them, so I just poured them out all over an empty field on the way back to the car. I assume birds ate them or something.

I remember that one distinctly because a midget I used to hang around with said to me, "I'll bet my left arm you won't be able to find this cache before I do". I found it first, and he hasn't spoken to me since.

Edited by Mushtang

I found a packet of seeds in a cache way out in the boondocks. They looked like they might be marijuana seeds and I didn't want little kids finding them, so I just poured them out all over an empty field on the way back to the car.

I've read that post several times, and I still can't tell if you are joking or not.

;);):ph34r:

I found a packet of seeds in a cache way out in the boondocks. They looked like they might be marijuana seeds and I didn't want little kids finding them, so I just poured them out all over an empty field on the way back to the car.

I've read that post several times, and I still can't tell if you are joking or not.

;););)

You might have missed the joke.

:D:ph34r: