Visiting South Africa

gaugeman

We will be visiting relatives in Jo’burg next month and this is the first time in South Africa since taking up geocaching. Within the limited time that I will no doubt be allowed :smile: I would like to get a few South African caches. Has anyone got any suggestions for caches near the sort of places that we might like to visit as tourists with our family. We will be staying in the North Riding area and possibly visiting the vicinity of Hartbeesport dam. Many Thanks - Gaugeman

Gaugeman,

There are lots of caches up there, some of which are not so nice to do. refer to Larks post about drive-by caches fro more scandalous issues... :D

Why not try for an event cache? Great way to weed out the not so fun caches via word of mouth to the locals. Just build a PQ and load them all on your GPS, than ignore X,Y & Z cache while in the area.

Anyways, caching is Cape Town is more exciting so... :lol: :lol:

Hey gaugeman - would love top meet up with you and show you around a bit. Some good caching in the north Ridign arewa with a host of caches around there to choose from.

Do a serach arounf the North Gate cache (or wazat's Sundowner cache) to see what is close by. Both of those are in North Riding.

If yopu'd like, PM me and we can chat about dates etc.

Hey gaugeman - would love top meet up with you and show you around a bit. Some good caching in the north Ridign arewa with a host of caches around there to choose from.

Do a serach arounf the North Gate cache (or wazat's Sundowner cache) to see what is close by. Both of those are in North Riding.

If yopu'd like, PM me and we can chat about dates etc.

Ignore the previous post. I sent it by mistake while I was editing :blink:

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately I won't be visiting Cape Town this trip. I will definitely go for the sundowner cache. Thanks also to Carbon Hunter. I'll send you an email in a week or so when I will have more details of exactly when I'll be in town.

Best Wishes

Gaugeman

Ignore the previous post. I sent it by mistake while I was editing :)

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately I won't be visiting Cape Town this trip. I will definitely go for the sundowner cache. Thanks also to Carbon Hunter. I'll send you an email in a week or so when I will have more details of exactly when I'll be in town.

Best Wishes

Gaugeman

Look forward to meeting you!

After your first post - I thought you had something against Wazat's Sundowner cache :):ph34r:

Glad you're heading this way.

See you soon