This Colorado Clock Thing Is a Real Pain!

Didjerrydo

I am just wondering how many Colorado's out there have this issue. I personally have seen 3 here at the store (we got 3 in). I'd just like to get a survey of how extensive this problem is.

What happens, for those that haven't followed this thread, is, when the units are powered off, the clock function either completely stops, or just looses a large chunk of time. You'll notice this when you re-boot if you will immediately press the Power/Backlight Key again as soon as the unit opens the first screen. The current (hopefully) time should be displayed there. If it is not current time, this problem is occuring in your unit.

Obviously, this disrupts any and all time-based functions. If it has stopped for a long time, it is going to definitely interfere with the unit acquiring properly because it will be looking for the wrong satellites! This will also affect the alarm clock function because it depends on accurate timekeeping while the unit is switched off.

Hopefully, if this is widespread, Garmin will jump all over this issue immediatey land, if it is fixable by an update, address it with the necessary update right now. Otherwise, they're going to see tons of Colorado's being returned to them as defective.

Why starting a second topic about that ? :smile:

Because, it would be interesting to see how many defective Colorado's are out there and hoe widespread this issue is! What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with it is that there is ALREADY a thread about this exact issue.

SEARCH is your friend.

But... I know someone will continue this thread without searching unless there's some handholding involved, so...

This is the clock thread.

Edited by smthng

Because, it would be interesting to see how many defective Colorado's are out there and hoe widespread this issue is! What's wrong with that?

SEARCH is your friend.

But... I know someone will continue this thread without searching unless there's some handholding involved, so...

And he was also the starter of that other thread :D

SEARCH is your friend.

And he was also the starter of that other thread :D

If this is the hostile atmosphere of participants in this forum when one only requests a survey of owners out there that might be experiencing this issue, I will bow out as of this post. There's bound to be less agressive users elsewhere!

If this is the hostile atmosphere of participants in this forum when one only requests a survey of owners out there that might be experiencing this issue, I will bow out as of this post. There's bound to be less agressive users elsewhere!

It's not normally an issue here. But creating multiple topics for EXACTLY the same issue and not expecting some kind of flack is a bit much to hope for. The other thread has ot all the information you were asking about and it's been replied to regularly. Why should we all have to deal with posts that just clutter up the forum when a perfectly good post is already there? If you had something to add, you should have done it to the other post instead of just making another one.

Another "it's still broke" post just makes it harder to find stuff for everyone.

Edit: changed verbs and stuff because I originally didn't realize you were the original poster

Edited by smthng