GOECAC BM COIN

GEO*Trailblazer 1

I was wondering about doing a GEOCAC BM geocoin.

The proceeds from this geocoin going towards the setting(s) of the GEOCAC Benchmarks.

A 3" geocoin with the GEOCAC Benchmark on one side and a 3D Special Image for the other.

The color would be the same as a benchmark.

The reason I ask is If I can gain community support I can get this going.

If I do not get a good response It may not be wise.

I have several things working on this project and many things still in the works awaiting approvals.

But I wanted to ask if anyone in here would have interest.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your answers.

I was wondering about doing a GEOCAC BM geocoin.

The proceeds from this geocoin going towards the setting(s) of the GEOCAC Benchmarks.

A 3" geocoin with the GEOCAC Benchmark on one side and a 3D Special Image for the other.

The color would be the same as a benchmark.

The reason I ask is If I can gain community support I can get this going.

If I do not get a good response It may not be wise.

I have several things working on this project and many things still in the works awaiting approvals.

But I wanted to ask if anyone in here would have interest.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your answers.

My benchmarking friend* and I would be interested in purchasing at least a half-dozen of something this distinctive.

*His name is Harvey; about 6' tall, a bit furry...

(couldn't resist the humor, as I was 'roasted' by geocaching friends last night for spending far more time hunting benchmarks on a recent trip to LA versus hunting caches. Geez - benchmark hunting RULES in the urban environment!)

PinkDolphin,

I am sure we can work something out when the time comes.

wwflover13,

I checked and yes 2" would be less costly and would still be able to get the 3D detail.

NorthWes,

Kool they may not be that costly I am working on that.

wvhillbilly59,

I am sure you will be happy they will be reasonable.

And as more becomes available and I can post it the better you will like the plans.

I really would like to get everybody involved for this Historic Event(s).

And I hope I covered everyone so far.

OH I am not sure on the website but I will sure keep it in mind.

There are getting to be so many survey monument coins done that I would think you would need to do something to get this to stand out and making it a 3" coin would help in doing that. It would also depend on the cost. It seems $10 is about the magic threshold for people. So if you can't do 3" for under that I would reconsider.

Maybe try and get people interested who normally would not buy a geocoin like having a companion pathtag, these are quite popular these days and cheap to make.

There are getting to be so many survey monument coins done that I would think you would need to do something to get this to stand out and making it a 3" coin would help in doing that. It would also depend on the cost. It seems $10 is about the magic threshold for people. So if you can't do 3" for under that I would reconsider.

Maybe try and get people interested who normally would not buy a geocoin like having a companion pathtag, these are quite popular these days and cheap to make.

Well, the "Initial Point" benchmark geocoins are at least 3"... so maybe we should make these 5" :blink:

Well, the "Initial Point" benchmark geocoins are at least 3"... so maybe we should make these 5" :ph34r:

You wouldn't make it a 3" coin just for the sake of making a bigger coin, you'd make it to better replicate the actual monument. I have a replica of the Tri-Station on Mt. McKinley that I bought from one of those mountaineering places for around $35 at the office. I sometimes use it for a paper weight to hold down rolled up maps and often get compliments on it. Its a beautiful piece. A larger coin would also allow greater detail for the 3D image mentioned by the OP.

A lot of geocoin collectors would not pay $35 for any geocoin but I bet quite a few BM Hunters would.

I know I would. Could you sell enough of them to make it worth while, I have no idea. I think the Initial Point geocoin sold quite well. I would think most people in the BM Coin Club would buy one.

Count me in for getting one. I would personally prefer one of the 2" ones, but the point that stvanme made about the size of an actual monument intrigued me and makes me think again. I do have one of the $35 replicas from Yosemite as well. That was well done, but could be a bit pricey.

They're going to be pretty!

Before you approve the final design, you'll probably want to fix the typos on "mountains" and "prairies". :-)

Patty

Done got it fixed,or sent and noted and got the reply back,Thank you!

Those look great! I can't wait to order mine!!

I will have more details soon.

Nice looking coin !!

Are they going to be trackable and will they have a unique icon?

Yes.Yes!

Just chiming in to express my desire for at least one coin...price is no object!

You might be surprised,maybe you could 2 for the price of 1...LOL

I'm still good for one.

No 1 can eat just 1.

OH that's something else.