have you noticed?

meralgia

We were just wondering (those of us in the Off-Topic area) if you've been more than confused today with the swapping of avatars. Obviously for those of you who may be new to the forums, you won't think much of it... but for those of you who have been here for a while, have you noticed?

Geocaching, geocaching, geocaching.

We were just wondering (those of us in the Off-Topic area) if you've been more than confused today with the swapping of avatars. Obviously for those of you who may be new to the forums, you won't think much of it... but for those of you who have been here for a while, have you noticed?

Yeah, I've noticed something odd.

Can you tell me what you mean by this, and give us some examples? Do you mean intentional switching of avatars by the account holder, or do you mean some kind of mass-scale wholesale automated switching of avatars on lots of accounts by unnamed conspirators and co-conspriators?

Haven't noticed.

Obviously for those of you who may be new to the forums, you won't think much of it... but for those of you who have been here for a while, have you noticed?

Of course everyone noticed! Noticing small details is what geocachers do. A few out-of-place sticks in the woods, a bolt head in a guardrail that doesn't quite match the other bolt heads, a piece of bark covering the top of a tree stump, human tracks wandering off-trail in the snowy woods that end suddenly, but without a tell-tale yellow stain, barely perceptible variations in the earth's gravitational pull that would indicate the presence of a nearby hidden metal object, that sort of thing.

Yes, it's that special ability to pay close attention to the details that makes us who we are. Does that answer your question, BlueDeuce?

I switched mine.

But in a freak coincidence I happened to switch it with one that looked exactly like my old one in every way.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything to me about it.

I noticed right away, but wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. So I didn't say anything.

I appreciate your discretion.

By the way Vinny, I noticed you changed both your avatar AND your username. That's an awful lot of work to go to just for a forum joke, but then again you're not known for doing things half way.

Mine has not changed...
That's too bad.

Hm, February 1st not April 1st.
Expectations are a dangerous thing. If I have chicken nuggets every Friday, it will start to get boring, dontchathink?

If all the jokes are done on April Fool's day, wouldn't it get a little predictable?

I had breakfast for dinner tonight. It sure was yummy!!

Edited by meralgia

The "old-timers" are probably reminiscing about the day (almost) everyone changed their avatars to match carleenp's :drama:

i think that was the first mass avatar change. :blink:

I think the "hand under Jeremy's chin" avator fad was even bigger! :drama:

My avator has been the same since we started caching back in 2002, but we recently added a little cacher to our Family so i suppose it might be time to finally make a change. :drama: