Pokey Plodder Fun!

Harriet the Spy

Wow..I would love to do this but the date is not good for me. I really liked the last one. I think you should consider doing some of the events on Sunday as there are several of us cachers who have to work most Saturdays. And Jcar...if you are still reading this thread, I would be happy to do this with you on Sunday...perhaps we could do a group caching on Sunday April 26th...just a thought....

Just a quick look at the Pokey Plodder Meet and Greets for the future...

May we are going to be meeting with the mysterious Snohomish/Machias cachers, at the Centennial Trail Parking lot, hopefully we can have some sort of bike show. I can't think of single Snohomish cacher!! Will we be able to draw them out of their shell, with good times, cache talk and coffee? Stay tuned...

June looks like we will introducing ourselves to the North North 48 in Bellingham at the trailhead of Oyster Dome. I think there is a Krispy Kreme on the way north, perfect for the high carb snacks peeps bring to the events, those will get you jazzed up for a day of gardening for sure!

July we will be greeting some Special Guests, one of which will exact some revenge on a certain Ashland lakes trail, and the others will hopefully expound on the mysteries of Gators, aren't they the reptile that tastes like chicken?

August will be at the foot of a mountain, nothing quite like Sunrise, donuts, caching stories and the swapping of TB's to start your day. There has been a lot of paper rock scissors battles going on between us to decide which one. I will try to keep you updated as the battle unfolds...

September Flutey has already claimed for the Iron Goat Trail. I don't want to mess with her.. do you?

Now that's entirely too much organizing, boy am I glad that I all do as the slave is write down the month somewhere so we don't get easily cornfuzzled, which is easier to do to us then you would think :)

WoW!! Team Misguided sure is quick! (somebody give her a raise!)

Donuts at the Depot has just been published! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d9-42346919fa49

Super fun event in the AM and post event fun cycling the Centennial trail, we will be ending in Marysville doing the car shuffle. Maybe we can find somebody with a truck who would be willing to bring the bikes back from Marysville to Snohomish. No need for fancy schmancy bikes for post event fun. The dusty ten speed from 1982 will work as long as the tires hold air and the brakes work. The trail is paved and mostly down hill. I am so excited to bring Breezy to her first event!!

These events are for the meet & greet only - you definitely don't have to do anything after the event or plan to go hiking/biking/whatever in order to attend (Thank you TM for the trust & approval). Absolutely everyone is welcome regardless of their plans & it's so much fun to get together - I had a blast at the last event!! What happens afterwards, well - it's up to ya'll what you want to do afterwards. But - having said that. I plan on helping shuffle bikes/people afterwards if you want to ride the trail. I've got an old bike carrier (haven't installed it yet, so who knows how it'll work) for my squeaky/stinky Explorer & room to fit some inside if you don't mind them laying down. I'm willing to park it either at Getchell or the northend trailhead between Marysville/Arlington & shuffle people/bikes. If anyone else wants to volunteer to shuffle, I'm sure we can use the help!

I've got to think of something special to make to share for breakfast!! To add to the donut collection that will probably be there. Bring your TB's for the TB table!!

Bump

Lick the Lime is this Saturday!!!!

If you are coming along for post event fun, I have heard rumors that a couple of people are only going about a mile and a half in and using

Lime Kiln – E &MC Railway cache as their turn around point, even if your not up for the whole thing, at least come part of the way!

Bump

Lick the Lime is this Saturday!!!!

If you are coming along for post event fun, I have heard rumors that a couple of people are only going about a mile and a half in and using

Lime Kiln – E &MC Railway cache as their turn around point, even if your not up for the whole thing, at least come part of the way!

I'm turning around at Lime Kiln - HC...or the doughnuts :) . I want to talk to people about the hikes, trails and caches in the area so I can plan some summer fun!

None that I know of, but there are plenty of HOTM activities down south that I am sure would love to have you along!

BUT they don't poke and prod like you guys. PLUS, They are probably organized :)

I am pretty sure we read the same HOTM thread where Totem Lake said that he too is slow, and will always wait for the person in the back. And you can get outside with people in your own area, hanging out with cachers is 3/4 the fun.

None that I know of, but there are plenty of HOTM activities down south that I am sure would love to have you along!

BUT they don't poke and prod like you guys. PLUS, They are probably organized :P

We are not really organized. If we were, there wouldn't be any solo hikes happening which there have been a couple.

We may not poke and prod, but we do encourage each other (read that as I received most of the encouragement last year.) Because of that immense encouragement I received, my aim is to give back to those in need of it.

Now May's hike may be a bit over the top for most folks and on this one, if you haven't conditioned yourself for any hikes, then it may not be the good one to start on. Keep an eye out for other times though. There are opportunities to be had on all fronts. If not the PP or the HOTM, there are others getting into organizing hikes because their schedules don't mesh with these two.

Btw, I see you guys enjoyed the Lime Kiln trail. :lol:

Edited by TotemLake

Btw, I see you guys enjoyed the Lime Kiln trail. :D

Did we ever! The morning was just as much fun as the trail. We had about half our event attendees hike the trail afterwards, the rest had some other great fun in the beautiful sunshine!

f0a0ebc6-74e1-479e-9928-6fbf9e7c2a1b.jpg

Only Part of our group, I was too busy chit chatting and eating Krispy Kremes to take proper pictures

9fb1f4d3-265a-4d7a-947c-72657bd4a8ec.jpg

Event Meal in the back of Allanons official Pokey Plodder Tailgate

893541f8-5f2e-42ad-a9a4-aecb2be9e241.jpg

dd0830e4-da6f-415a-8d7d-53d1ee190dfd.jpg

I have no idea where Airzilla inherited his happy morning face :huh:

902f8acc-99b3-4e15-aeaa-de3568935a8a.jpg

They are so dang cute, I could die from cuteness (I am talking about the pooches of course!!)

902f8acc-99b3-4e15-aeaa-de3568935a8a.jpg

They are so dang cute, I could die from cuteness (I am talking about the pooches of course!!)

But, of course! Ya sure ain't talkin' 'bout me...but Sassy's pretty cute! :D

Karma's cuteness is often his only saving grace. :)

'Twas a fun event. I'll get around to logging it one of these days...along with the other 42 caches I haven't logged yet. :huh:

(Just a warning, I LOVE green things!!)

I do, too...you take pics of the same kinds of things as I; I have hundreds (if not thousands) of pics of moss, ferns...GREEN!

251cec86-be69-48ce-8669-5eed211c5327.jpg

Zen River

Oooh, I love me a cairn, too! Great pics, Harriet! I wish I could have made the hike, but it's more of a trek than I'm capable. Some day, mayhaps. I will be biking the next PP event, though, and can hardly wait...it's gonna be fun!

Edited by Pyewacket

BUT they don't poke and prod like you guys. PLUS, They are probably organized :D

I am pretty sure we read the same HOTM thread where Totem Lake said that he too is slow...

Hmmm, slow? Well here he is dancing a spry jig in the alders:

8d9deb7a-de39-443a-9e61-51f1f7a1f970.jpg

Edited by Criminal

:D For some reason, I thought you could only dance a spry jig if you were wearing a kilt :D I think his movements resemble a nimble frolic :D

BTW I know there was snow, but I am a bit disappointed about the lack of kilt pictures in the HOTM thread. Kilts and HOTM go together like Pokey Plodders and asthma inhalers ;):D

:D For some reason, I thought you could only dance a spry jig if you were wearing a kilt :D I think his movements resemble a nimble frolic ;)

BTW I know there was snow, but I am a bit disappointed about the lack of kilt pictures in the HOTM thread. Kilts and HOTM go together like Pokey Plodders and asthma inhalers :D:D

Truth be told, I had lost so much weight I was busy hitching my trousers back up.

Donuts at the Depot is just a week away! I am so excited!! I took the newly refurbished Breezy out for a test run today. She rides like a dream!! I can't believe how great a job the bike shop did on her moving parts.

e96ee0b3-ce41-4a7d-9f6b-7aba667cb191.jpg

You may notice that I have gone a little high tech. I had them take off the vintage seat, and put on a large padded one for my large padded bahookey. Also Pyewacket gave me an AWESOME bike bell!! All I need now is a basket and bike will be totally futuristic!

Edited by Harriet the Spy

Donuts at the Depot is just a week away! I am so excited!! I took the newly refurbished Breezy out for a test run today. She rides like a dream!! I can't believe how great a job the bike shop did on her moving parts.

e96ee0b3-ce41-4a7d-9f6b-7aba667cb191.jpg

You may notice that I have gone a little high tech. I had them take off the vintage seat, and put on a large padded one for my large padded bahookey. Also Pyewacket gave me an AWESOME bike bell!! All I need now is a basket and bike will be totally futuristic!

yahoo.gif

She's a beauty! Now all ya gotta do is slap a TB tag on her and call her "The Spycycle". :D

I bought my baskets at Fred Meyer; they're designed for use in lockers, but they're perfect as Pyecycle baskets. I used heavy-duty cable ties to strap one to the handlebars and one to the book rack I bought for a dollar at a yard sale.

06077c6f-b0c2-4e0b-8b3d-d172233964d6.jpg

Looking forward to the Pokey Plodder Doughnut ride. Karma will be riding in the front basket...he loves it. :D

:P Today was one of those days that is the reason why I cache! Company was perfect, the weather was beautiful. Coasting downhill, and shuttling is the only way to ride the trail, I had so much fun I barely noticed I only got one smiley for the day. Lizzy did a GREAT job running the event!! Good times all around!

7970f208-889b-4144-9eb4-6790558a365e.jpg

Lizzy the event Queen!

b57c298f-12b1-46dd-8aea-c8b552f41838.jpg

Event Meal

9ff916f5-e1f3-4210-ab3a-3c18473cde07.jpg

17e0642f-3c0c-42a3-89ad-01fc2675e274.jpg

Travel Bug Trunk

1e036a6b-2e35-4570-bb05-13a7b9fe4cd0.jpg

Cachers Chatting it up

I didn't take a lot of pictures on the trail, to busy pedaling, but I did manage to get one green thing in a picture!!

86a603c0-fc85-43c3-80f3-660b575c21c1.jpg

Why are all these people randomly on the side of the trail?

d5f0d710-3d7d-4d5c-a83f-980b78269115.jpg

My green Picture!! Pyewacket is a four leaf clover finding machine!! If you need good luck just rub her!!

79b597eb-a23f-4f5d-868e-214cc97fe1fe.jpg

Mid trail rest at Got Horses?

1b285c9a-e140-4b67-be35-90027b524328.jpg

This cracks me up!! There was a poor muggle sunning herself on the dock. Can you imagine a bunch of Pokey's approaching her and saying "We are going to do something a little funny..."

c9a7dc90-d14e-458f-ae27-6cc663150ab2.jpg

Post Ride event! waiting for the trucks to shuffle us

Edited by Harriet the Spy

Today goes on my list of fave caching days EVER! I'll get around to logging all the caches some day...probably...but Lizzy, ya done GOOD! This was such a memorable day for me. Caching with some of my most favorite cachers in the world on a beautiful, sunny day, finding all those four-leaf clovers, marveling at how we all just stopped in unison to watch the eagles' majesty, passing cache #400 somewhere on the trail, and being so proud of Karma, who was just so calm and alert riding along with us. Wanna see where the phrase "dog tired" comes from?

DogTired.jpg

I'm just now starting to feel all those miles (plus the additional two I rode to get reserved material from the library when I got home). Thanks to all my friends who made this such an amazingly special day. :P

Wow! Harriet!!! Love the pictures. I never remember to bring a camera & these came out awesome! I was still shocked to see that the temp was 91 at the end. It didn't feel that hot, really. What a great bunch of people we rode with. You were a lifesaver with the extra water. I was so short on brain-power this a.m., I was lucky to have remembered my name....

Can't wait for the next one!!

Today goes on my list of fave caching days EVER! I'll get around to logging all the caches some day...probably...but Lizzy, ya done GOOD! This was such a memorable day for me. Caching with some of my most favorite cachers in the world on a beautiful, sunny day, finding all those four-leaf clovers, marveling at how we all just stopped in unison to watch the eagles' majesty, passing cache #400 somewhere on the trail, and being so proud of Karma, who was just so calm and alert riding along with us. Wanna see where the phrase "dog tired" comes from?

DogTired.jpg

I'm just now starting to feel all those miles (plus the additional two I rode to get reserved material from the library when I got home). Thanks to all my friends who made this such an amazingly special day. :P

How cute!!! That was fun & thanks Pye - we had a great time. We never got tired of hearing "Awwww, how cute" from passers-by about Karma in his special bike basket.

Well, all I gotta say is it was a blast! Nice job on the timing, Lizzy, and a most excellent event! Other stuff was going on, but we were all at the starting point before those other groups even got going. We heard reports of tents and first aid stations back at the depot, but we were long gone by then!

If you were at the event but didn't ride with us afterwards, then you really missed out! Fun, frivolity, things that go bump in the woods, blood and gore (no, not ours!), wildlife, mystery . . . ya missed it all! I tell ya, it was all Karma! :D

Oh, and shame on the cacher that came to the event but didn't join us afterwards. :P I won't name names, but I hear that cacher was sure we wouldn't make it all the way to his cache, let alone the end of the trail! HA! We may be slow, but what we lack in tallness and skinniness we more than make up for in other ways!

Edited by FluteFace

Oh, and shame on the cacher that came to the event but didn't join us afterwards. :D I won't name names, but I hear that cacher was sure we wouldn't make it all the way to his cache, let alone the end of the trail! HA! We may be slow, but what we lack in tallness and skinniness we more than make up for in other ways!

I am sure glad we proved that mysterious person with the initials J and B wrong! :D If he hadn't given me a complete set of his new path tags I might have to whip him with a wet noodle! :P:D

The 14.6 miles seem to fly by! I felt hot, but not overly hot. Must have been all the wind from the downhill!! Great job Lizzy!!

And now, I'm getting ready for the June PP Event, in the vicinity of the Pilchuck Tree Farm. So how is June shaping up? I've already heard about or seen the following:

• June 7 -- two CITOs
  • June 14 -- a Kayak event near Bellevue
  • June 15 -- Father's Day
  • June 21 -- Missoula Cache Machine
  • June 28 -- a rumored Iron Horse event

Kind of tight, but I'm pretty sure we aren't all going to the Missoula event, so I'm leaning towards the 21st. Besides, it seems like a good a good way to celebrate the Summer Solstice. :P

Also, it looks like the PPs will be hosting a CITO as their September event. Watch for it as soon as I get two commitments from the state.

SAVE THE DATE

There will be a Pokey Plodder event on 8-8-8. Still working out the details. Would anyone be interested in a campout somewhere in the wilds of Snohomish County--in the Mountain Loop area? (It's a Friday night.)

Sounds like fun!!!