Not flesh of my flesh

Nor bone of my bone

But still miraculously my own

Never forget for a single minute

You didn't grow under my heart

But in it

author not known(?)

Anyone know who wrote this?

I found this same poem, but titled "The Answer (to an adopted child)" and it is by Fleur Conkling Heyliger.

Well I will just start by saying I just really love my kids. They are both completely different from each other and they are always teaching me new things. My son has really taught me how to have patience any one who knows me knows this is true. My daughter has just taught me to smile more and to really enjoy life. I know people say all the time they can not imagine life without their kids well I'm another one of those people. Sometimes they drive me crazy but I really would not trade them for anything.

As for my nieces and nephew I do not get to see them often but I'm thankful for anytime I do get to spend with them. We just went home for a visit and I got to see all three of them which was great because my nephew is only three weeks old. I of course have to be the fun aunt that always brings gifts and candy.

These are all such great thoughts and sentiments and poems. I have some more good News. Last night I saw on the news the President of the March of Dimes announced a new breakthrough! Many of us already know, especially the women, that taking folic acid while your pregnant is very important. It helps reduce the occurance of Spina Bifida. New research has also shown that those who take it a year prior to conception lessen their chances of a premature birth by 50 - 70%. That is truely an amazing breakthrough!

That really is amazing and such great news. The March of Dimes is really dedicated and they have accomplished so much. It just amazes me at all they have accomplished and they continue to find new break throughs because there is more to be learned and lots more to do.

I of course am very thankful for my hubby and kids who make me every bit of who am. You know tired and grumpy and quite the goof.

I am thankful for my friends who drug me out of bed three years ago got me involved in the school and basically stopped me from going down a very dark road of depression that I had traveled to before.

I am thankful for my student in afterschool because they keep me young even though my knees say different....people over 30 should NOT do the soulja boy, stick to the Hustle, it's slower.

Lastly I am thankful for the men and women who have died for me so that I can live in a country that is free.

Oh and my March of Dime fact is they have been around for 70 years this year! Thank you March of Dimes!

Just when you think your children will never grow up, you blink your eyes and they are 38 and 29 years old!! How did that happen and where did the time go? I have always worried about all the bad things that could happen and been in awe of all the good things that do happen. If I had to raise these two fabulous kids again, I would worry a lot less and try to be more relaxed about them. But, then, that is hindsight.....

Often, I am not sure whether they turned out so well because of me or in spite of me (parenting is really rewarding and rough at the same time), but they are truly wonderful blessings. My son does heart research and my daughter teaches science. They are both considerate of other people and are definitely contributing positively to the world. I do know that I have always loved them both more than life itself, and I always will - forever and always!!

For years I tried to get pregnant; was on multiple fertility drugs to no avail. My husband and I finally just gave up on being parents (adoption was not an option for us). I used to wonder what was wrong with me, why I couldn't be a mommy. Then I realized that God has blessed me with so many more children in my life than I could ever have given birth to via my friends, my church, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, etc. I determined to become an advocate for children by donating my time and my money to causes that benefit them. The March of Dimes is just one such cause. I'm so glad to hear that they touched your life in a tangible way...

O.k. when I was pregnant with my youngest, I had an Alpha-FetoProtein test. I guess the test came back and the doctor didn't like the results. You see, Lower levels of AFP suggest a possible child with Down syndrome or other chromosomal defect. We had to drive 2 1/2 hours to the regional hospital to have an amniocentesis. Oh man the size of That needle :lol: - Let's just say that it was Huge ! ! ! I do remember the tech asking if we wanted to what the sex of the baby is. I guess he was positioned just right. On the way home, we picked out his name :lol: . Talk about the longest 2 weeks ! You can imagine the thoughts that were going through our minds. What if . . . ? How could we possibly get rid of this little - very loved already- person growing inside me . Well, we just couldn't, we could manage. After all that agony, you can imagine our elation when the doctor told us that he would probably "normal" :D . The next 3 months went just fine, except having to do non-stress tests for the last month of my pregnancy And ultrasounds. Two and 1/2 weeks before my due date, after my appointment in which the doc grabbed where the baby's head is and said, "this is where the head is" - oh, that hurt. Afterwards, I went to the commissary and got jabbed in the stomach by a shopping basket - that hurt too. Then I went across the street to visit the new baby, Their big dog ponced on stomach - you guessed it, That hurt, too. The next day, Saturday, I started to leak. Well, once you check in with amnio leakage, they don't let you go back home. Early Sunday morning , they induced me. Believe me, it's PAINFUL ! Sunday dragged on into Monday. After the doc said, "you know if this doesn't work, I'm going to have to do a c-section!" After using forceps, My baby boy was born. He was shown to me, then they whisked him off into the nursery to warm him up. My little boy was had to constantly get his heel poked so his sugars could be checked. Not only that, but he acquired jaundice. So, he had to go under the lights. My room was across the nursery and let me tell you that I didn't get much sleep. I was fortunate that they hd room for me to stay since he stayed for a week.

Maybe I went on and on . There's more, but not now :D .

These are all such great thoughts and sentiments and poems. I have some more good News. Last night I saw on the news the President of the March of Dimes announced a new breakthrough! Many of us already know, especially the women, that taking folic acid while your pregnant is very important. It helps reduce the occurance of Spina Bifida. New research has also shown that those who take it a year prior to conception lessen their chances of a premature birth by 50 - 70%. That is truely an amazing breakthrough!

:lol: That is very good news. :lol:

Mrs Avroair and I are about to have our first child in May, we are thankful for the opportunity to be parents, and share our total love for out newborn. Everytime I see a child it makes me smile, I wish we all had their innocence, curiosity and genuine happiness. :D

Congratulations on the impending arrival of your Little Avroair! You're sentence about the innocence and curiosity of a child reminds me of a little story.

My 6-year-old nephew recently said to me, "I love ketchup. I eat it with everything. Well," he paused, "except cereal. I didn't like it on my Fruit Loops."

:lol: I love the wisdom of kids :lol:

:D Congrats to you mr and mrs Avroair :D

I have been blessed with many children so far in my life and suffered the pain of loosing some I have gotten close to.

I will start with my little sister in law, I meet her when I was 15 and she was 4! I was engaged to a wonderful man (married him too) and he was from a family of 4 siblings, she was the baby of the family. Let me just say she wasn't too thrilled with big brother's girlfriend at first. I finally won her over with her love to pick on him and we engaged as cohorts in a water fight against him. In June of 2007 I watched that little girl walk down the aisle to be married at the age of 21. My how time flies.

Next was my nephew who was born when I was 16, growing up as an only child and the youngest of the cousins, I didn't really have any babies around that I could get close to so when my fiance's older bother and his wife had a son I was just totally smitten. Christopher was the happiest baby and always smiling it was very easy to let him grab you heart and tug.

Soon after I discovered I was expecting as well, while not totally planned I was excited. We got married just a little bit earlier than intended and then March rolled around. We all suffered the loss of our darling baby Christopher to SIDS, he was 4 months old, I was 3 months into my pregnancy. It was a source of comfort to us and a worry too, would I lose my baby as well. I made it through ok and my daughter joined us, I was 17 and I finished up my High School. Christopher would have been 16 this past November and my oldest baby is 15 now.

8 years later I was blessed with another daughter who has been a blessing to us, she was planned and we thought some medical issues had caused me not to have another as it took us a year and 1/2 of trying to concieve to be blessed with her. Now her older sister might not agree with me on that. This one is the one who gets a glint in her eye when I mention going caching. She is now getting ready to turn 7 in about a month and is enjoying first grade.

They both suffle me between Marching Band, Concert Band, Pep Band, T Ball (or is it PeeWee this year), book fairs, school plays, fundraising, girl scouts, boyfriends, I need money and I'm Hungry at any given time. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I Love being their Mom.

I also have since the beginning been blessed with 3 nieces and 2 nephews and looking forward to more.

This brings me to now. Last year I again lost a baby to SIDS...my best friend and his fiance had a baby boy who came at a time in my life where I wanted another baby around but was done with my own childbearing. Being very close with them Baby Jayden was just the ticket to cure my babyitis as I called it. I keep him every chance I could get and we gathered weekly for a big meal with other friends and family. He was 3 months old it has been just over a year since he left us. The one thing I remember saying in my grief at the time was that SIDS is not suppose to be common enough to affect someone twice in their life. While neither of the boys where mine by birth I would have raised them as my own if needed.

In addition to these children that have touched my life add to that the kids I have had in Brownie troups, my girls close friends (many who call me Mom as well), kids from church, the kids in band, neighborhood kid who would end up my house on the rainy days all I can say is I have been truely blessed in my life to know the Joy of a Child.

Carrie

one of the

RCDispatchersx2

I also participate each year in the March of Dimes walk. Our family was blessed with an easy (somewhat) pregnancy and birth of our first daughter 5 1/2 years ago. I say easy because I was only on bedrest with her for 1 month due to low amniotic fluid levels. Our second daughter was born severely premature just prior to the point of viability. There is not a day I do not think about her, and what my life would be like with my 3 girls. Our third daughter was born after a very stressful pregnancy after I had to undergo a cerclage (premature birth moms probably know what I am talking about) twice daily injections, weekly doctors visits and one scare where I thought we would lose her early on. After 25 or so weeks on bedrest, I was induced and our miracle baby just turned two last month. Her name actually means miraculous. So that's my story and what March of Dimes means to me. Without it's research my little miracle would not be running around my kitchen right now getting into trouble. Heck without the research of March of Dimes my younger sister would not be around either, she was born at 30 weeks 24 years ago and barely survived. I am thinking of doing a premature birth/ pregnancy loss awareness geocoin and from the response to this thread I am thinking it would be well received.

I also participate each year in the March of Dimes walk. Our family was blessed with an easy (somewhat) pregnancy and birth of our first daughter 5 1/2 years ago. I say easy because I was only on bedrest with her for 1 month due to low amniotic fluid levels. Our second daughter was born severely premature just prior to the point of viability. There is not a day I do not think about her, and what my life would be like with my 3 girls. Our third daughter was born after a very stressful pregnancy after I had to undergo a cerclage (premature birth moms probably know what I am talking about) twice daily injections, weekly doctors visits and one scare where I thought we would lose her early on. After 25 or so weeks on bedrest, I was induced and our miracle baby just turned two last month. Her name actually means miraculous. So that's my story and what March of Dimes means to me. Without it's research my little miracle would not be running around my kitchen right now getting into trouble. Heck without the research of March of Dimes my younger sister would not be around either, she was born at 30 weeks 24 years ago and barely survived. I am thinking of doing a premature birth/ pregnancy loss awareness geocoin and from the response to this thread I am thinking it would be well received.

I think also. :blink:

A Visitor From Heaven~

By Twila Paris

A visitor from heaven

If only for awhile

A gift of love to be returned

We think of you and smile

A visitor from heaven

Accompanied by grace

Reminding of a better love

And of a better place

With aching hearts and empty arms

We send you with a name

It hurts so much to let you go

But we're so glad you came

We're so glad you came

A visitor from heaven

If only for a day

We thank Him for the time He gave

And now it's time to say

We trust you to the Fathers love

And to His tender care

Held in the everlasting arms

And we're so glad you're there

We're so glad you're there

With breaking hearts and open hands

We send you with a name

It hurts so much to let you go

But we're so glad you came

We're so glad you came

This song was read at our daughters funeral and also was in a book I was given after her death. It meant so much to me at that time and still I can't read it without a tear coming to my eye.

There's more, but not now :blink: .

When I was pregnant with Brenda, I had so many questions for my mom, about when she was preganant with me. I was disappointed when she didn't remember as much as I had hoped. Since I did not want the same for my daughters, I wrote both Brenda and Heather a letter right after each was born. Someday, I hope to give it to them when they are starting a family of their own.

Well, I do not know a lot about this, I am not married, I am not a father so...

As I saw, my sister posted a story about me!!! :cool: I feel a litle strange right now!

Anyway, I can add only a small story just to participate too, and if I get lucky, to win a geocoin! :D

I have a friend, that actually never met from cloce! I had an internet transaction with him, because I collect silver coins and Banknotes! We became good friends and since that day, we communicate via emails everyday! Not only one email per day!!! :blink:

Anyway, he is a very good man, and a very good friend! He invided me to his wedding but I couldn't go! :D He lives in a foreign country and I was working at that time! Jobs here in Rhodes, are mostly seasonal, so I couldn't get some days off!

He asked me to help him with something in the wedding! He did not have a silver sixpence!!! You know...something old, something new...

I had only one in my collection, but I sent it to him! It was for a good reason and my silver coin had a goal now, to make their wedding a perfect one! :D

The coin did a great job!!! :blink:

His wife became pregnant and I was the first, exept of the family, to know it!!

When she was about to deliver the baby, my friend was so anxious!!! He did not have anyone from his family because they were living in an other country!!! All night he was calling me or sending me messages in my mobile, from the waiting room of the hospital! I stayed awake keeping him company! Even if I was far away, I was there for him!

When the new day was here, when the sun was coming out, his baby boy was born! My friend was so happy! I am sure you know this feeling and the reactions you have by being a parent, first time!!!

I was feeling so happy too! A great feeling even for a friend who supports a new father - friend!!!

Nikos.

I thought this thread would be a good place to post the following, which I received from a mom through another forum:

Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a Friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By Monday it was a little bigger than a cantaloupe. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intensive care unit at Buffalo Children's Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the Guinness book of world records to try to receive the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know. All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..

Hunter Winship (The Airplane Cancer Goal)

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

Thank you to those who choose to participate. Hopefully we can get this boy in the record books.

Edited by surteb

I thought this thread would be a good place to post the following, which I received through another forum:

My son Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a Friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By Monday it was a little bigger than a cantaloupe. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intensive care unit at Buffalo Children's Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the Guinness book of world records to try to receive the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know. All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

Thank you to those who choose to participate. Hopefully we can get this boy in the record books.

I am sorry to hear this, iam going to google how i must made a plain.

We think of Hunter.

I thought this thread would be a good place to post the following, which I received through another forum:

My son Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a Friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By Monday it was a little bigger than a cantaloupe. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intensive care unit at Buffalo Children's Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the Guinness book of world records to try to receive the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know. All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

Expect some planes coming from my way....I can make a BUNCH of planes if that's OK!!! My prayers are with you and Hunter!

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

Expect some planes coming from my way....I can make a BUNCH of planes if that's OK!!! My prayers are with you and Hunter!

Thanks to those who will be participating in this. Please know that Hunter is not my son. He is the child of another mom currently in my area. Sorry for any confusion, but please continue to think of him and help him reach his goal.

This cointest is still open for a little while longer! All you have to do is post something about a child or March of Dimes, it's so easy!

I was asked to be the Ambassador "family" for the March of Dimes in my area and the kick off lunch is tomorrow. So I'm going to have to make a bit of a presentation to all the businesses and families who are joining our walk this year. I'm a bit nervous. Typing behind a computer screen is easy, but talking in public, well I'll probably need lots of tissues. I received some really great news this week though! When my daughters passed away we asked that donations be made to our local Twins Club, thinking they could use it for some fun outting with their kids. Since then they sorta adopted me, and i've been going to "MOM"'s meetings ever since. The money that was sent to them they refused to use, and I found out why. They had a bench purchased with a plaque in my girls' names and it will be placed in our local park, Hopeland Gardens. This is where we were married and we take Bella there to feed the ducks and koi quite often. Now as Bella grows we can explain to her about her sisters and maybe she can go to the Park to feel closer to them. I like to think they are her guardian angels, I'm sure they are.

Edited by UOTrackers

This cointest is still open for a little while longer! All you have to do is post something about a child or March of Dimes, it's so easy!

I was asked to be the Ambassador "family" for the March of Dimes in my area and the kick off lunch is tomorrow. So I'm going to have to make a bit of a presentation to all the businesses and families who are joining our walk this year. I'm a bit nervous. Typing behind a computer screen is easy, but talking in public, well I'll probably need lots of tissues. I received some really great news this week though! When my daughters passed away we asked that donations be made to our local Twins Club, thinking they could use it for some fun outting with their kids. Since then they sorta adopted me, and i've been going to "MOM"'s meetings ever since. The money that was sent to them they refused to use, and I found out why. They had a bench purchased with a plaque in my girls' names and it will be placed in our local park, Hopeland Gardens. This is where we were married and we take Bella there to feed the ducks and koi quite often. Now as Bella grows we can explain to her about her sisters and maybe she can go to the Park to feel closer to them. I like to think they are her guardian angels, I'm sure they are.

Hello uotrackers

I think also that they are guardian angels.

Whan are they going to place the plaque in ýour'park?

Maybe you can take a picture for us forum people.

Succes with your presentation.

YOU CAN DO IT, I AM SURE.

I think you are a strong person.

Maybe you can tell us about tomorrow.

greetings

Last Aug I nearly lost my oldest son (it still bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it).

It makes you realise how fragile life is. Make sure you tell your children how much you love them, every day because you never know .....

edit: spelling

Edited by Solan109

Hello uotrackers

I think also that they are guardian angels.

Whan are they going to place the plaque in ýour'park?

Maybe you can take a picture for us forum people.

Succes with your presentation.

YOU CAN DO IT, I AM SURE.

I think you are a strong person.

Maybe you can tell us about tomorrow.

greetings

Geo.Error has the right concept. I hope we get to "be there" with you ;)

I have been divorced for many years now and had two sons while I was married. I have been asked many times if the marriage was a mistake and that I regretted getting married to him. I alwyas answer this "NO because if I had never met and married him I wouldn't have the two kids I have today and they mean the world to me."

Edited by LadyBee4T

We had a miscarriage in our first pregnancy, we barely even had time to find out before it was done. It wasn't planned but it doesn't make the pain any less that's for sure. My son was born on June 8th 2007. He is the one thing I care the most about in the universe. He did his 1st cache @ 4 says old, he would have got the 1st to find but he doesn't like to be awoken during naptime. He also has a geocoin out in his name. He's going to be 8 months old on Friday already, time seems to have gone by so fast. I know these are the memories I will cherish for the rest of my life and I wish they could slow down so I could have time to soak them all in. It seems that every day he learns something new or he is that much more alert and responsive to everything around him. I learn through seeing him learn, I live through seeing him live and most of all I love from seeing him love.

I wonder why dwell on the past when there is so much in the present and so much to look forward to in the future. I just feel like we have someone watching over us, making sure we're safe and happy.

I thought this thread would be a good place to post the following, which I received from a mom through another forum:

Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a Friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By Monday it was a little bigger than a cantaloupe. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intensive care unit at Buffalo Children's Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the Guinness book of world records to try to receive the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know. All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

Tomorrow going 31 plaines fly to Hunter with a little present.

The plaines are made by different people and they all loved to do that for hunter.

Thanks Surteb for this story maybe you can keep me posted.

I think Bella will enjoy going to the park and sitting on the bench dedicated to her sisters. What a nice thing they did with the money. I think you will be a very good Ambassador. I have been thinking about you today.

I think Bella will enjoy going to the park and sitting on the bench dedicated to her sisters. What a nice thing they did with the money. I think you will be a very good Ambassador. I have been thinking about you today.

This is the first chance I have had to sit and run the random number generator! So I have some winners!

If you've won, please send me an email to UOTrackers@yahoo.com SUBJECT: MOD cointest with your address!

I really appreciate everyone who contributed and spread the word about saving babies. I'm up to $475!!! Almost 1/3 of my goal of $1500. My first speech went well, I managed to keep the tears at bay though I think I made some others tear up. I'll keep you updated on the bench with a picture once it's in place!

The number generator picked:

dershlings

Team FIREBOY

fairyhoney

fossillady

usyoopers

surteb

Geo.Error

Scrubsjm

LadyBee4T

Menace66

:D Wow :D thanks for the price, iam very happy.

This was a cointest with tears in my eyes, but also has this cointest let me do something goods for a child.(thanks Surteb)

That gives a good feeling.

Uotrackers, it is fine that you're speech went well and i am looking forward to see the plaquette from your twins.

Succes with your mission to spread the word about saving baby's.

Congrats to the other winners and uotracker thanks for this emotional cointest.

email send.

Edited by Geo.Error

I am also lucky to be a winner. Thank you for this cointest. These stories were so touching, and I'd like to say thank you to all who were willing to share.

UOTrackers - You are doing such a great thing for such a great cause, even if it just raises awareness. I wish you the best of luck in your fundraising efforts and look forward to seeing the bench and plaque dedicated to your babies.

Thanks again and congrats to all.

11227 North Hill Road

Freedom, NY 14065

United States of America

This is exactly like Sadako and A Thousand Cranes. My daughter's school did this play last year,it was so beautiful. Planes on there way!

Oh and to suuport the March of Dimes, you can go to thier page and create a virtual band in honor or in memory of a child you know who was born prematurely or for any child who is special to you.

You'll be Banding Together with individuals from all across the nation in support of one goal, saving babies.

Your donation will go toward life-saving research.

This is the first chance I have had to sit and run the random number generator! So I have some winners!

If you've won, please send me an email to UOTrackers@yahoo.com SUBJECT: MOD cointest with your address!

I really appreciate everyone who contributed and spread the word about saving babies. I'm up to $475!!! Almost 1/3 of my goal of $1500. My first speech went well, I managed to keep the tears at bay though I think I made some others tear up. I'll keep you updated on the bench with a picture once it's in place!

The number generator picked:

dershlings

Team FIREBOY

fairyhoney

fossillady

usyoopers

surteb

Geo.Error

Scrubsjm

LadyBee4T

Menace66

WOW, I have been randomly picked . . . Hooray :rolleyes:

On the serious note, Web are proud of you and you giving your speech :wacko: I wish I could give all of the posters big hugs (I'm one of those huggy type of people) As we can All use hugs:)

As I sit here wiping the tears off of my keyboard, I want to thank ALL of you for sharing such personal and touching stories.

I don't have any children and don't know if I ever will and sometimes that really saddens me.....

When I was born, I was 4lbs 6ozs and a month early... thankfully incubators and medical technology were good and after a month in the hospital, I headed home.

I have never lost a child, but know people who have and cannot imagine the pain and heartbreak. The family lost a young member three years ago at 24, such a waste. (My cousin Doug)

I have three nephews and they're just the greatest! 7, 4, and 7 months.

The oldest has some issues and they're still trying to find out what is going on, whether it is ADHD or some form of Autism.... he's SMART, but when he started getting a little older, you could see something was going on and it's been hard going for my brother and sister in law to find out what is REALLY going on so that he can get the proper learning in school.

The 4 yr old...... smart.....smart mouthed and makes you wonder where kids learn stuff (lol)

And the little one....... cute as a button......and thankfully due to decent medical care, he was born w/out a problem. Turns out during birth the cord wrapped around his neck... and they were ready to do an emergency c-section to deliver him. If this wasn't monitored correctly, it could have been a disaster, but he's a healthy, adorable kiddie.

I love being an aunt....... now if I can only get my sister married off so she can have a few kids I'd have it made!!!!!

As I sit here wiping the tears off of my keyboard, I want to thank ALL of you for sharing such personal and touching stories.

I don't have any children and don't know if I ever will and sometimes that really saddens me.....

When I was born, I was 4lbs 6ozs and a month early... thankfully incubators and medical technology were good and after a month in the hospital, I headed home.

I have never lost a child, but know people who have and cannot imagine the pain and heartbreak. The family lost a young member three years ago at 24, such a waste. (My cousin Doug)

I have three nephews and they're just the greatest! 7, 4, and 7 months.

The oldest has some issues and they're still trying to find out what is going on, whether it is ADHD or some form of Autism.... he's SMART, but when he started getting a little older, you could see something was going on and it's been hard going for my brother and sister in law to find out what is REALLY going on so that he can get the proper learning in school.

The 4 yr old...... smart.....smart mouthed and makes you wonder where kids learn stuff (lol)

And the little one....... cute as a button......and thankfully due to decent medical care, he was born w/out a problem. Turns out during birth the cord wrapped around his neck... and they were ready to do an emergency c-section to deliver him. If this wasn't monitored correctly, it could have been a disaster, but he's a healthy, adorable kiddie.

I love being an aunt....... now if I can only get my sister married off so she can have a few kids I'd have it made!!!!!

Thnk you for sharing your story with us. I bet you are one of those "great" aunties :laughing:

Hello Uotrackers

I got today your package.

A beautiful t shirt coin, a cute ducky and your pathag.

You are very Generuos.

It came today for me at a right time, my dog was just before attack by 2 big dogs and i was in the middle of this fight. ( the other dog are lose and my dog was lead)

All seems oke, he has no bite wound, but i makes tremble and mad.

So i sit at home to shiver and then your package came, right the just moment.

You give me a happy feeling and now i can cool down.

Thanks for your emotonial contest and thanks for your great gifts.

greetings Geo.Error