My Bro is back from Iraq!

Eric and Hill

My little brother just came back from Iraq after a 4 year tour. He is safe and sound and doesn't have to go back. He is in town for a couple of weeks and I am going to take him out hiking/geocaching this Sunday and I need a good place to go. It needs to be dog friendly and I am looking for a really cool place to hike, preferably with canyons ect..... Any place withing about 100miles of san diego/temecula will do nicely. Any suggestions?

Edited by Eric and Hill
My little brother just came back from Iraq after a 4 year tour. He is safe and sound and doesn't have to go back. He is in town for a couple of weeks and I am going to take him out hiking/geocaching this Sunday and I need a good place to go. It needs to be dog friendly and I am looking for a really cool place to hike, preferably with canyons ect..... Any place withing about 100miles of san diego/temecula will do nicely. Any suggestions?

Welcome home little bro :unsure:Thank you for your service :unsure::D

Yes, thank you for serving!

Paul

Paul

Consider Horsethief Canyon, Carveacre Wind Caves, or maybe the Iron Mountain/Ellie Lane trails. Those three areas are close-in and offer some decent hiking with hills, canyons, and Geocaches. Must be some running water down in Horsethief Canyon by now.

Embrace your brother for all of us, how nice it is that he's home with all of his parts intact. So is it Army, Marines, Air Force, Salvation Army, or what?

Salute,

Harmon

Welcome home little bro :DThank you for your service :unsure::D

Paul

Consider Horsethief Canyon, Carveacre Wind Caves, or maybe the Iron Mountain/Ellie Lane trails. Those three areas are close-in and offer some decent hiking with hills, canyons, and Geocaches. Must be some running water down in Horsethief Canyon by now.

Embrace your brother for all of us, how nice it is that he's home with all of his parts intact. So is it Army, Marines, Air Force, Salvation Army, or what?

Salute,

Harmon

:unsure: We echo what the others above have said: "Welcome home to your Brother and please thank him for serving" Lots of areas in SD are beautiful right now. I did a 10 (+) hike in Puzzle valley/ Sweetwater last night and I saw water running where I have never seen it before. There were little waterfalls everywhere and it was green after the fires..there were even wildflowers blooming. I bet you won't go wrong no matter where you take him and you won't have to drive 100 miles. MTRP, ATT, McGinty Mountain, PQ..anywhere!

Certainly glad to hear that your brother made it back safely after a 4 year tour. My son only served 1 year and I was happy as hell that he made it back without a scratch and his kids didn't have to grow up fatherless. Please thank your brother for us for his service. Thanks.

Mega dittos on the thanks for service! :unsure::unsure::D

You might consider something like Three Sisters outside of Julian near Eagle Peak. I bet the waterfalls out there are pretty spectacular this time of year. Should be dog friendly, but watch out for the poison oak. Dogs tend to get the stuff on their fur and transfer it to their human friends...

(You could also do me a favor and check on my disabled cache (Eagle Peak Rest Area - GCPW6T) while you are there... :D )