# of waypoints

crodad

I am trying to load alot of waypoints on my Vista Cx. It is supposed to hold 1000 waypoints. But all I can get loaded are 499. Does anyone know why? :unsure::unsure:

According to Garmin, the Vista Cx only holds 500 waypoints. The Vista HCx will hold 1000 waypoints.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=167&pID=326

Basemap: yes

Preloaded maps: no

Ability to add maps: yes

Built-in memory: no

Accepts data cards: 64 MB microSD card (included)

Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500

Routes: 50

Track log: 10,000 points, 20 saved tracks

If you have a data card, you can take advantage of customized POIs. If you already have GSAK, all you need is the POILoader, available free at garmin.com. You can install "tons" of waypoints in this manner. I have over 15000 on my Venture Cx and, with a 1gb card and street and Topo maps of surrounding counties, I'm barely using 10% of available memory. Look up the thread title somewhat along the lines of "Silly POI Tricks".

GSAK has a setting to limit the # of waypoints transferred, default I believe is 500.

In GSAK,

GPS -> SETUP -> Setup dialog box -> "Maximum waypoints for GPS"

Keep in mind, if you fill the waypoint list completely, you will need to delete a few in the field if you need to mark a location like say where you parked or a cool cache hiding spot.

Edited by stickman756

I am trying to load alot of waypoints on my Vista Cx. It is supposed to hold 1000 waypoints. But all I can get loaded are 499. Does anyone know why? :D:D

According to Garmin, the Vista Cx only holds 500 waypoints. The Vista HCx will hold 1000 waypoints.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=167&pID=326

Basemap: yes

Preloaded maps: no

Ability to add maps: yes

Built-in memory: no

Accepts data cards: 64 MB microSD card (included)

Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500

Routes: 50

Track log: 10,000 points, 20 saved tracks

Thanks, I thought I was looking at the specs for the Vista Cx, but I was looking at the Vista HCx which has 1000. :unsure::unsure: