Icon Crazy Wallpaper as of 1/29/08

Marky

Someone close to them needs to print that out poster size and take it to the hospital and put it up on the wall for him to see when he wakes up!!

If someone really wants to do this, I can make a bigger image. That was was a 120x120 icon grid. The 160x160 icon grid was even better looking, but when shrunk down to web size, the individual icons were too small to make out easily. But if someone was printing out a poster, I'd be glad to make a bigger image.

--Marky

P.S. I'm also toying with making a photomosaic of our personal geocoin, which has 11 colors (at the time it was minted, that was a lot). :D

Someone close to them needs to print that out poster size and take it to the hospital and put it up on the wall for him to see when he wakes up!!

If someone really wants to do this, I can make a bigger image. That was was a 120x120 icon grid. The 160x160 icon grid was even better looking, but when shrunk down to web size, the individual icons were too small to make out easily. But if someone was printing out a poster, I'd be glad to make a bigger image.

--Marky

P.S. I'm also toying with making a photomosaic of our personal geocoin, which has 11 colors (at the time it was minted, that was a lot). :D

May I ask how you made the image?

Did you put the icons together yourself, or is there a program that can help?

May I ask how you made the image?

Did you put the icons together yourself, or is there a program that can help?

I found Mosaic Creator 3 (home page: http://www.aolej.com/mosaic/) works pretty well. There are other good programs out there.

I used MacOSaiX, which is great if you have a Mac. Very easy to use. Fun to watch it piece it together. There's an animation option, which is somewhat cool, to watch, but it's unclear if it adds to the length of the process.

FYI, In OSX (maybe only Leopard), there is a totally awesome photomosaic screen saver that is very addictive to watch.

Tank, you are in our prayers.

tank120.jpg

For those with highspeed connections, you can click on the image to see the full sized image.

--Marky

Very Very Cool Marky!!!!! :lol: Never knew there was such a program. Didnt see this till now! Oh if Tank could see this...I believe he would flip!

That is just too cool I say! :lol: