Icon Crazy Wallpaper as of 1/29/08

Marky

Sweet!

Did you set it up?

They aren't in date order are they?

I had it in registration order (which is basically the order that the icons were paid for, regardless of when they were minted, if ever). But I prefer a little chaos in my life, so I randomized it. :mad:

Plus, if I'm feeling mean, I might make a puzzle cache out of this, giving a list of icon names, and make them look up the icons and then find the icons in the grid. :D The randomness will come in handy then. :mad:

--Marky

Sweet!

Did you set it up?

They aren't in date order are they?

I had it in registration order (which is basically the order that the icons were paid for, regardless of when they were minted, if ever). But I prefer a little chaos in my life, so I randomized it. :mad:

Plus, if I'm feeling mean, I might make a puzzle cache out of this, giving a list of icon names, and make them look up the icons and then find the icons in the grid. :) The randomness will come in handy then. :D

--Marky

Love it. Great idea for a puzzle cache. A Gecoin Extravaganza. Hmmmm.....how to link it back to the numbers. Gotta go check something.

Seriously cool Marky. :mad:

1426 icons!!! Wow!!! :mad:

Did you know, tho, that the My Pinz icon is in there at least SIX times? Are any others in there more than once?

Actually, those are all different icon numbers (i.e. they would show up on different lines in your owned and found list), then just happen to have submitted the same .gif file for them all. You'd have to talk to Steve about why the images aren't unique. :mad:

--Marky+

That is so cool! Glad you shared that with us! You must have been bored and thought "Hmmmm, Lets see what all the icons will look like together! :mad:

You know what would be really cool to do with all those? Create one of those PhotoMosaics, although this one would be a IconMosaic! Ya know- they take a whole bunch of pics and arrange them so they make a big picture from aways away, using nothing more than the little pics!

Like this, but only the icons!!! disney-walt-mosaic-4900359.jpg

You know what would be really cool to do with all those? Create one of those PhotoMosaics, although this one would be a IconMosaic! Ya know- they take a whole bunch of pics and arrange them so they make a big picture from aways away, using nothing more than the little pics!

Great idea, I think I will do just that. What coin should I do. Something with a lot of colors would be cool. Any thoughts?

--Marky

Great idea, I think I will do just that. What coin should I do. Something with a lot of colors would be cool. Any thoughts?

--Marky

Wanna drive 'em crazy? The GCF Mosaic coin. :mad:

--Marky

Ooooooh...Really? :D Are ya gonna try to do it yourself? man that would take some dedication and time...But Ive seen your coin baskets, so time and dedication is one thing you certainly find somehow! :mad:

I have also heard of a company that may do the work for you...If I remember right :) , you just give them the pics you wanna use and the final pic you are after, and in the end you have a PhotoMosaic! They may have even made puzzles or somethin if ya want...cant remember where i saw it though.

A coin-eh? Hmmm...Id say the CompassRose, just because its a beautifull, colorful and popular coin, that would look good. I personally wouldnt, but it would make a good one! Then again your micro is personal, so that'd be cool too.

You should pick the prettiest coin that would appeal to you...Boy Thats a pretty hard one come to think about it~ So many out there and a colorfull one would definatley be best.

let us know if you are really gonna try it...That would definatley be cool!

OOOOOOH- The Geocoinfest-A Mosaic of events coin!!!!...sure would be appropriate :mad:

So cool! I stared at it for a while to make my eyes 'fuzzy' to see if there was a hidden picture in it...a new coin! very well done...

You mean like the "eye spy" puzzles? You know, I've done a geocache up here based on one of those ;)

We have an eye spy geocoins cache...HERE. I hope some geocoin folks venture out for this one when they are in the area for geocoinfest next fall.

Using this icon collage for an eye spy would be evil! I like it!

So cool! I stared at it for a while to make my eyes 'fuzzy' to see if there was a hidden picture in it...a new coin! very well done...

You mean like the "eye spy" puzzles? You know, I've done a geocache up here based on one of those :lol:

We have an eye spy geocoins cache...HERE. I hope some geocoin folks venture out for this one when they are in the area for geocoinfest next fall.

ohh, so mean to publish a member's only cache ;)

I wanted to see the puzzle!

Naomi ;)

You mean like the "eye spy" puzzles? You know, I've done a geocache up here based on one of those :lol:

Naomi ;)

Changed it just for you :lol:

You mean like the "eye spy" puzzles? You know, I've done a geocache up here based on one of those ;)

Naomi :o

Changed it just for you :lol:

Oh that is such a neat one! It makes me wish I was there to be able to try for it!! I love the poem, great job!

Naomi :lol:

That's awesome Marky!!! Here's a first (very crude) attempt at a mosaic of the geocaching logo:

mosaic.JPG

I wish I knew where to get all of the icons. I only downloaded the ones that are on coincodes.com.

Oh! Put the picture back up, please! All I see is "IPB Image" No image! :D

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30
That's awesome Marky!!! Here's a first (very crude) attempt at a mosaic of the geocaching logo:

mosaic.JPG

I wish I knew where to get all of the icons. I only downloaded the ones that are on coincodes.com.

CF30

Sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened, but the photo is up on another server:

Link to Photo

mosaic.JPG

CF30

Sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened, but the photo is up on another server:

Link to Photo

Yeah, that's very cool photomosiac. Nicely done. I need to find a unix program to make one. I'm sure there are some out there.

--Marky