NAWWAL Tengwar Geocoin

scavok

Today I received the Tengwar Turquoise on Nickel 2.125", a verry nice coin, but it looks a little bit different than on the picture in the shop:

752369bc-0488-4aa1-85c6-40a14dee5e4f.jpg

This is how the coin I received looks:

d7ddec04-07aa-40a0-9b03-6cd5838641d0.jpg

The difference is in outer circle.

Did the design change? Did I miss something? I do like the different colour on the side of the original design.

Today I received the Tengwar Turquoise on Nickel 2.125", a verry nice coin, but it looks a little bit different than on the picture in the shop:

752369bc-0488-4aa1-85c6-40a14dee5e4f.jpg

This is how the coin I received looks:

d7ddec04-07aa-40a0-9b03-6cd5838641d0.jpg

The difference is in outer circle.

Did the design change? Did I miss something? I do like the different colour on the side of the original design.

I have the larger red and gold and it was also made with the translucent enamel going all the way out to the edge. Not sure why the larger coins were made this way or why the correct pictures were not shown on the website, but I agree that the coin looks better with the metal outer rim with no enamel.

Sorry, i didn't notice the previous post about the enamel change. When it came to extra mintings for different colors they were ordered sight unseen, I didn't have samples for every color other than the 1.75" coins. I humbly apologize for not specifying in the description that the photo was of the 1.75" coin used to depict the color of the enamel, neglecting to point out the change in enamel placement.

All of the 1.75" coins have the bare metal band, the 2.175" have enamel all the way to the outer raised ring. To each his own I guess... I like how they turned out, but still appreciate the input :laughing:

BTW, it looks like I need to update all the photos. Your photograph shows the color much more accurately too!

Ok so come on... :laughing:

Hands up the lucky ones that scored one (or more) of the 45 shiny nickel finished 2.125" tengwars that went on sale for a **Very** short time earlier today :laughing:

I didn't score, thats for sure. I started the day with 45 gorgeous nickel coins and now have 1. I think a lot of the collectors out there have more of my coins than i do. :P

Hands up the lucky ones that scored one (or more) of the 45 shiny nickel finished 2.125" tengwars that went on sale for a **Very** short time earlier today :laughing:

I didn't score, thats for sure. I started the day with 45 gorgeous nickel coins and now have 1. I think a lot of the collectors out there have more of my coins than i do. :P

I have one (or two) for trade

I am especially interested in coins by tsunrisebey, especially from her most recent sale which I missed

- dragonfly (either version)

- Neptune's Compass

- also: tatanka pejula, raiders of the lost cache; whale trail; notorious geocacher; Earth Turtle (but not Oceania versions); ET geopins; special edition / personal coins by TSUN

thanks for considering

Bryan

Wohoo, samples are in! Here are some runs testing different metals and enamel colors. Let me know what you think!!!

Antique Bronze:

tengwar-abrz-500.jpg

Antique Silver:

tengwar-asil-500.jpg

Gold with Orange Enamel (not my choice!):

tengwar-gldorg-500.jpg

Gold with Red Enamel:

tengwar-gldred-500.jpg

Copper with Peachy-Orange Enamel:

tengwar-pcop-500.jpg

Silver with Turquoise Enamel (not the best photo, sorry!):

tengwar-pnic-500.JPG

Where these coins ever produced ? How do I get some ?

I have to say that the design and the whole idea of a tengwar geocoin is brilliant and I appreciate all the work that Scavok invested into it.

But... did anyone of you guys notice that the tengwar inscription is simply WRONG? It reads:

W(hw)m cyy bj(hw) bcw(kh)fv cvf y(hw)(ng)n (ng)(ngw)c(nkw)(hw)z

Or, in Beleriand mode:

W(hw)mm cee bo(hw) bcw(ch)fv cvf e(hw)gnn g-c-(hw)ss

The letters in brackets are digraphs.

There are other modes for other languages, but the only difference is that they replace letters that never occur in the particular language with letters that are missing in original tengwar set.