NAWWAL Tengwar Geocoin

scavok

3 of the 4 boxes of the coins arrived today, I'm hoping the straggler is soon to come :) Unless something has gone wrong (we need a praying emoticon) I would expect shipping to start over the weekend!

Ask and you will receive Smiley10.gif

Has it come yet?

How about now?

not yet?

;)B):laughing:

Ha ha, thats great :blink:

The tracking info for the 4th box shows it was originally mis-sent (strange since it had the same shipping info as the other 3 boxes) and has been forwarded to the correct address (the same one). It should arrive on Monday. My mail arrives in the evening so shipping won't start until Tuesday unfortunately. But at least we know the box didn't just disappear :huh:

Hallelujah Smiley10.gif !

Complete minting numbers and finishes are on my site now. Yep, there are other finishes that weren't sold, including the Antique Copper.

I've got more coin drawings and designs than I can shake a stick at and will sell some of these special ones in auction to raise money for sampling and production.

Its been a good Tengwar day - pictures will be uploaded at some point, but the fact is I got about 45min of sleep last night (today was a big exam day) and I'm going to bed :ph34r:

Edited by scavok

All domestics have been shipped and all international orders have been sorted and packaged. There are few doldrums in this world like filling out this many customs forms...

Edit to add: I went and purchased one of those print-your-own-stamps machines (specifically a dymo printer). It made the domestic shipping soooo much easier but low and behold it doesn't do international (at least not more than a 1oz letter). Just an FYI.

Edited by scavok

i received my two large 2.125 inch tengwars today! awesome! well worth the wait. thanks for the rapid mail delivery. :laughing:

with that said, is there anyone interested in trading their large 2.125 inch "GOLD ON SILVER - SHINY" for my large 2.125 inch "SILVER ON GOLD - SATIN"??!! i meant to order a gold on silver edition and i actually checked the wrong box by mistake. if anyone is interested in this trade, please PM me or email through my profile. thanks!

I got the first of two orders (went back after the first order was complete and ordered a third coin), and man am I impressed! The coins are thick and heavy and beautifully done. :P

I'm curious if anyone has any specific plans for their coins; is anyone going to release them in the wild? I suppose they wouldn't get very far. :laughing: I was planning on scanning them and releasing proxies; I've brought this up and it seems more-or-less acceptable as long as it's obvious that the title somehow indicates what it is.

I got the first of two orders (went back after the first order was complete and ordered a third coin), and man am I impressed! The coins are thick and heavy and beautifully done. :P

I'm curious if anyone has any specific plans for their coins; is anyone going to release them in the wild? I suppose they wouldn't get very far. :laughing: I was planning on scanning them and releasing proxies; I've brought this up and it seems more-or-less acceptable as long as it's obvious that the title somehow indicates what it is.

i'm going to keep mine in a collection as "discovery only" for the time being. i have heard that some geocoiners can make a really nice quality proxy with modeling clay to form a mould or mold, and then using "epoxy resin" to create a nice replica thats durable and very close to the original. i've been tempted to try making a few, but i just haven't bought the materials at the craft store yet. something to think about i guess.

Back from Holidays early this morning had me checking the pile of Mail, alas no Big NAWWALs ! I grabbed some shut eye as I had been up for over 24hrs at this stage (the person next to me on the plane was a royal pain) and Happy days when I got up there was a parcel for me !

Thanks for the gift Scavok much appreciated you know you have a drinking buddy when you get over to Perth :blink:

Just wantd to let everyone know (save myself a dozen emails) that whether I was able to reply or not to your email if you contacted me about a missing or damaged package they are being shipped out this weekend.

Thanks!!

-Roger

I send two mails and one message on your site and didn't receive an answer. For me it would be nice to know why their was now answer. I don't come here on this site very often, but it looks like it would be better when something goes wrong. The envelope I received was also torn and the coin got lost. If I understand well I will receive a replacement even when I didn't get any message of this?

Sorry, but it seems I still have to learn a lot; looking for information at the right place, keeping my patience...

Jack - it wasn't my intent to not answer, in fact I believed that I had replied to all of them. I was just making a general statement of "just in case" i didn't reply, I still took care of it. I really do apologize. Did you receive the replacement?

And the good news continues. I received an email today about a lost package (of a LOT of coins) that was even in a priority box. That last sale of mine was less than a dozen orders and was shipped out weeks ago, (even though to add to the confusion I forgot to update the order status to 'shipped' until last week). It just makes me wonder about the status of the other orders from that sale, though I've only received the one email. I'm happy to replace lost orders whenever it is possible, please do contact me if there is an issue :) .

On the brighter side, I did receive lots of happy emails from people saying they loved the coins. I'm going to be updating my site with lots of photos in the coming weeks and I enjoy seeing listings of traveling coins, so hit me up! :anicute:

I plan on this summer being productive for me in designs, though I'm not sure about production until my schedule lightens up long term. I am contemplating taking an extra year in school to do some electives I'm interested in, this would mean a lighter load leaving me more time for caching and coining... so you may just see me around a little more often :ph34r: .

Hello Skavoc,

I didn't recieve a reply on my emails as I can remember. But I did receive the replacement and I'm very happy with it. Apology accepted. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I understand you have been very bussy and after all you did take care to solve the problem. Looking forward to new coins of you!

Any idea when we can expect these beaties?

Considering the presale has nearly a week left, I'd say Mid-July.

Thats correct, these ones took a little longer than normal last time but my guess is 6 weeks-ish from the end of the presale to when I receive them from C&P and then ship them out.

I've received more order than expected this weekend; whats wrong with you all? Its a 3 day holiday with nice weather, go outside! ;)

Sorry guys, for some reason I haven't been getting the emails that there were posts here. Anyway, the coins are finished and on their way to me as we speak :laughing: I Expect them in the next day or so and will get them shipped out over a few days.

I also have received an email asking me about the security popup showing on my website. The thing is that the encryption certificate expired last week but since it isn't a free item thats easy to install im putting it off until my next sale :laughing:

I will update here and on the site when the coins are in hand. Im looking forward to seeing them as well!

Thanks all!

So in packing up orders I found that the antique silver coins were minted in shiny silver on accident (not my fault - i have proof! :) ). I've already made contact to get them fixed and partial orders (for those who bought more than the a-silver coins) are being shipped. For small orders where a significant portion of the order is the silver coins and some international orders where shipping is expensive I will be emailing individually to see if they want the whole order held or not. I'm not going to be charging extra shipping or anything so don't worry about that :D

I'll keep the thread updated here too B)

Sorry!

In-Hand Tengwar, Tree of Life, Night & Day, and Journey geocoins will be going up for sale Friday (July 30th) morning at scavok.com. I will be going on vacation for 1 week starting Friday night, so orders will be shipped out as soon as I return :laughing:

There are some in stock of every coin, but not many, so this is one of those rare chances to get some older versions of the coins.

https://www.scavok.com/shop

In-Hand Tengwar, Tree of Life, Night & Day, and Journey geocoins will be going up for sale Friday (July 30th) morning at scavok.com. I will be going on vacation for 1 week starting Friday night, so orders will be shipped out as soon as I return :laughing:

There are some in stock of every coin, but not many, so this is one of those rare chances to get some older versions of the coins.

Has the sale already come and gone? or do I need to chain myself to the computer for the rest of the day?

In-Hand Tengwar, Tree of Life, Night & Day, and Journey geocoins will be going up for sale Friday (July 30th) morning at scavok.com. I will be going on vacation for 1 week starting Friday night, so orders will be shipped out as soon as I return :anibad:

Has the sale already come and gone? or do I need to chain myself to the computer for the rest of the day?

I was replying emails harriedly at the lab this morning and that notice floated in. I instantly clicked. Didn't really shop around as I already sold my entire collection and have no cause to keep collecting, but could not resist one of the coins... so, on the basis of this order - if it does arrive given how hot the website was at the moment, 25 online that very first minute - I'll be enacting the establishment of a long-term restricted holding for flagship and permanent keepers of greatest sentimental and elemental value.

Sadly, I won't see them in hand until september as until then I'll be far afield. The things I do for science!