NAWWAL Tengwar Geocoin

scavok

I must admit I did the happy dance when I got one in the mail yesterday :laughing:

Ha ha thats great (:

I just wanted to post to let people know that a presale for a remint with new (and old) finishes will be held soon. I have ordered samples of new colors/finishes (waaay to many - I couldn't decide on just a few) and they are in production. Once I can take photos sales will open.

If you want to be notified of dates prior to opening visit www.scavok.com/shop and create an account to sign up for the newsletter. I'll post here too, but the best way to stay up to date is through my website :laughing:

Lookin forward to it :laughing:

I saw all the samples and versions in person today, this is one fabolus coin design,, still my absolute fav!!

Thank You Scavok for your gift!! it is currently now my favorate coin in my collection!!! and will be hard to beat!! :yikes: cant wait to see the new versions!!!

wow! no fair, you got to see the new samples?

very cool dude.

rsg

I saw all the samples and versions in person today, this is one fabolus coin design,, still my absolute fav!!

Thank You Scavok for your gift!! it is currently now my favorate coin in my collection!!! and will be hard to beat!! :yikes: cant wait to see the new versions!!!

wow! no fair, you got to see the new samples?

very cool dude.

rsg

no not the new ones, he dosent have them yet,, but i did get to see the new samples of the tree of life,, man is that coin a beauty.

Did I miss these? :laughing:

Nothing yet! I had some samples with new finished minted and will choose from those to include in a presale for a reminting sometime in the next month or so.

Any news on the date of the presale yet? I can't wait to see the new colors :D Hope the presale will be before I go on holiday and will be without internet..

Edited by Li-Z

The samples arrived today and there are a couple that are just fantastic - really gorgeous that even made my jaw drop with the many samples I've gone through on these. There are a couple others that are quite nice and I'm proud to show off and will probably include in the sales, and then a couple more that will sit quietly in the back of my closet :)

Presales will be held up for a while because of the tree of life issue, but once its all sorted I'll post the pictured on my website and set up presales for the reminting!

The presale will be for 4 of the original finishes and 4 new ones.

Red on Gold

Turquoise on Silver

Antique Silver

Antique Bronze

The 4 new ones that I picked are below. Click the images for big pictures. The last one is much better in the large image...

Images of the other finishes that didn't make the cut are on my website in the shop.

Purple on Silver - the enamel is almost opaque, but not quite. A thin layer is still translucent, but goes with the texture of the lowest levels of the coin.

POS_300.jpg

POS_DETAIL_300.jpg

Light Blue on Antique Silver - similar to the turquoise one but a definite blue with a darker outer border give it great definition.

LBOAS_300.jpg

Green on Antique Copper - I almost didn't offer this one until I really studied it. The dark green really goes well with the copper and while making it darker, it allows the light to shine off of the antiqued finish that is under it.

GOC_300.jpg

Dark Blue on Antique Silver - One of my favorites now! I was initially disappointed that I couldn't see the underlying patterns very well. I decided to bring all the new coins to show some friends and out in the sun, with enough light to shine through, the deep color reveals the rest of the coin and is really something special. Be sure to view the larger image of this one :D.

DBOAS_300.jpg

edit to add photo

Edited by scavok

Would someone mind letting me know if they received the mass email sent from scavok.com? I didn't receiveit myself but don't kow if it is my spam filter or if the email never went out to all the newsletter subscribers...

Thanks!

Didn't receive it, also ckecked my spam.

But luckily I read the forum, so I'm going to do some shopping now :-)))

Received the newsletter in my mail just after I bought some coins ;-)

I couldn't decide which ones I like best, they all look great!!

From the old colors I've really wanted the turqoise tengwar from the first time I saw one, but never succeded to find one, so I ordered the turqoise. And the light blue must be beautiful too, so one of those as well. I like the natural colors of the copper one. And purple is my favourite color, so one purple (is the purple coin with soft enamels? It looks different than the rest)

Now the time of patience begins..... can't wait to get them :D

Would someone mind letting me know if they received the mass email sent from scavok.com? I didn't receiveit myself but don't kow if it is my spam filter or if the email never went out to all the newsletter subscribers...

Thanks!

we got two different 1s from scavok.com........new colors look great.........

The green on copper! Can't wait to see it in person.

I am very much a fan of the black?(dark purple?) soft enamel on bronze that is pictured in the images, but does not appear on the pre-sale list.

It is a nice finish but in hand it wasn't quite up to par with the rest of them. It really looks like bronze enamel on a bronze coin. Nice and all, but not special enough to run on a presale. I may order a dozen or so to sell later on, so we'll see :)