NAWWAL Tengwar Geocoin

scavok

For those of you who purchased my coin, thanks so much. I had absolutely no idea it would be so popular! In the end there are 779 total coins being minted in 11 finishes. Here is the breakdown for the curious:

663 Total coins were sold in the presale

167 ant bronze

168 ant silver

67 pol gold+orange color

158 pol gold+red color

103 polished nickel

For my personal collection...

5 Antique Bronze

4 Antique Silver

2 Orange Enamel on Polished Gold

2 Red Enamel on Polished Gold

2 Turquoise Enamel on Polished Nickel

2 Peach enamel on Polished Copper (the only two of this finish!:)

The special editions (some for me to keep/trade and some will be sold). None of these were presold.

25 Antique Copper

25 Satin Gold outer ring (including ring border) surrounding Satin Silver/Nickel

25 Antique Silver outer ring (including inner-ring border) surrounding Antique Bronze

12 Polished Gold outer ring (including inner-ring border) surrounding Black Nickel

12 Polished Nickel outer ring (including inner-ring border) surrounding Black Nickel

Probably a couple weeks after the main run is shipped the special editions will be sold on www.scavok.com. Contact me if you want to be notified prior to sales opening :D

Here are photos of the LE coins. Sales will be on my website when available. I wasn't expecting these for another couple weeks, so I need to order shipping supplies before putting them up for sale :)

Those on my mailing list will be notified before hand, then I'll post here once sales open. There aren't many, and a handful of them I'll be holding on to for trading.

Tengwar_aCopper.jpg

Tengwar_Gold_around_Silver.jpg

Tengwar_aSilver_around_aBronze.jpg

Tengwar_Silver_around_BN.jpg

Tengwar_Gold_around_BN.jpg

Thanks All!

So what I decided to do was organize everything and set up a real shop on my site. After I get my shipping supplies, I'll enable the new editions and the SE items to be for sale.

I'm awaiting word from C&P to see what is entailed in minting more of the original 5 finishes too. If that is practical I will put up presales on my website for those original 5 and the new versions (except the two SE ones) if they sell out.

Visit https://www.scavok.com/shop, create an account and make sure to check the box next to "Sign up for our newsletter." So you can receive word if sales change.

As for what's in the shop right now, not much is finished, just freshly installed. Let me know of any bugs, typos, or otherwise unexpected creativity :ph34r:

Thanks all!

I've been asked a number of times now about shipping dates so I figured I might as well post it here. I figure sales will trickle to sold out by Wednesday (so much for my previous post, or if not sold out then low enough that I don't have to make two giant visits to the post office). I'll rent some great movie I've seen a hundred times and stuff envelopes on Thursday (my day off!). And ship them all out on my way to work on early Friday morning.

Thanks all, I'm glad you have liked them!

Edited by scavok

Well those went quick!

All sold out. I kept some spares just in case (we all know the "USPS ate my coin" stories), and any of those left over will be sold off later for the sole purpose of funding my next coin project, whenever and whatever that happens to be.

For those of you that missed the sales... How did you miss TWO sales? I am contemplating a presale for a remint if there is enough interest. This will be the last minting if it happens at all. Tengwar ebay auctions are already up and about... hopefully I can get that presale started (again.. only IF it happens) as soon as the majority of initial deliveries are made and auction numbers increase (save you all who missed the first sales from the inflated prices :D). If you are interested in a remint, click the button that says so at https://www.scavok.com/shop to let me know.

There are some other questions there as well pertaining to how my website held up during sales (first time I've used this particular shopping system on my site and I'd like to know if it acted up for anyone).

Thanks again everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing posts in the WIYMB thread :)

Another Minting is in progress for a few more small limited edition versions. I believe that these will be the last Tengwar NAWWAL coins minted.

11 Polished Copper (10 to be sold)

6 Satin Gold filled with dark green (5 to be sold)

6 Satin Silver/Nickel filled with dark blue/purple (5 to be sold)

10 Polished gold with red (like in the original run) (as gifts - not to be sold)

2 Polished Nickel filled with bright green (as gifts - not to be sold)

11 .925 Real Silver Plated - Shiny (10 to be sold and/or gifted)

6 .925 Real Silver Plated - Satin (5 to be sold)

6 24K Real Gold Plating - Shiny (5 to be sold)

6 24K Real Gold Plating - Satin (5 to be sold)

Another Minting is in progress for a few more small limited edition versions. I believe that these will be the last Tengwar NAWWAL coins minted.

11 Polished Copper (10 to be sold)

6 Satin Gold filled with dark green (5 to be sold)

6 Satin Silver/Nickel filled with dark blue/purple (5 to be sold)

10 Polished gold with red (like in the original run) (as gifts - not to be sold)

2 Polished Nickel filled with bright green (as gifts - not to be sold)

11 .925 Real Silver Plated - Shiny (10 to be sold and/or gifted)

6 .925 Real Silver Plated - Satin (5 to be sold)

6 24K Real Gold Plating - Shiny (5 to be sold)

6 24K Real Gold Plating - Satin (5 to be sold)

nothing with that lovely turquoise enamel? i just love that one! i am signed up for the newsletter but missed both sales!

rsg

scavok, I was able to purchase one of the 'Turquoise with Polished Nickel' NAWWAL Tengwar coins-- thank you for designing such a beautiful coin.

How about a map of Middle Earth on one of the sides?

I would *love* a 'Middle Earth Map' coin.

Its been mentioned a few times, but the middle earth map image is copyright owned and I haven't the foggiest idea how to request permission for something like that. Anyone know?

New finishes are in! Sign up for the newsletter at my website to get advanced notice on sales opening.

Tengwar_24k_SatinGold.jpg

24k Satin Gold

Tengwar_24k_ShinyGold.jpg

24k Shiny Gold

Tengwar_925_SatinSilver.jpg

.925 Satin Silver

Tengwar_925_ShinySilver.jpg

.925 Shiny Silver (bad photo sorry)

Tengwar_BrightGreen_on_Gold.jpg

Bright Green on Gold

Tengwar_Green_on_Gold.jpg

Dark Green on Gold

Tengwar_Purple_on_White.jpg

Dark Purple on Metallic White (kinda silvery - bad photo, sorry!)

Tengwar_Copper.jpg

Polished Copper

Started in the Celtic Tree of Life thread...

I ordered mine!

Any idea when a Tengwar remint might happen?

Yea, I just may have some sort of idea as to when... :D

Ahhh now there is music to my ears! Great news.

Presale I hope, as saves the stress for all parties involved :D

I'm not sure about a presale, I don't like to do orders from the mint for bunches less than 100 coins (makes it real expensive for me and the final buyer). As much as people like these I don't know if that many would sell via presale unless I have new finishes (which means I have to order samples and so on...).

Anyone have thoughts? ...

I ordered mine!

I'm not sure about a presale, I don't like to do orders from the mint for bunches less than 100 coins (makes it real expensive for me and the final buyer). As much as people like these I don't know if that many would sell via presale unless I have new finishes (which means I have to order samples and so on...).

I'd be good for 2 green!

ILYK

I ordered mine!

I think your following and the interest in your coins will grow even more than it is now, once the Tree is out there in hands and caches (yeah right as if let something so nice travel. It would be lucky to see more than 1 cache :P )

You would not have much trouble filling 100+ at all. I think I purchased at least 14 Trees and 10 Journeys (trading and gifting plans a plenty) and I doubt I was the largest purchaser of your coins these presales. On the other hand if I was I think that deserves a extra LE coin in my package :D:D

Whatever way you decide, you'll have my support and cash for coins at the end of the day.

Just a note that I put a poll up at scavok.com/shop

Remember which ones are LE's - they won't be for sale again. You can look in the shop to see which ones.

Edit to add: Oz, no kidding, you totally suprised me with that. Now I have to figure out how to ship a box full of metal to Aus for 3.75 :D Dang that bright idea of mine for flat shipping fee!

Edited by scavok

I think your following and the interest in your coins will grow even more than it is now, once the Tree is out there in hands and caches (yeah right as if let something so nice travel. It would be lucky to see more than 1 cache :D )

I know what you mean, but I did release one of my NAWWAL Tengwar coins into the wild in Germany.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1875684

So far so good with it moving. These coins are so beautiful that I felt that at least one of mine needed to be shared! :D

Remember which ones are LE's - they won't be for sale again. You can look in the shop to see which ones.

Apart from the AE one, I can't work out which are LE and wouldn't be reminted. Any pointers?

They are all gorgeous to be honest, but I would love a red enamel/gold tengwar coin if that is up for reminting - as well as a couple of the silver and bronze ones for trade and sending out there.

Also, delighted that my Journey coin is on its way. Cant wait til it wings it's way to Blighty. :D

Keep up the great work.

Apart from the AE one, I can't work out which are LE and wouldn't be reminted. Any pointers?

They are all gorgeous to be honest, but I would love a red enamel/gold tengwar coin if that is up for reminting - as well as a couple of the silver and bronze ones for trade and sending out there.

Also, delighted that my Journey coin is on its way. Cant wait til it wings it's way to Blighty. ;)

Keep up the great work.

SCAVOK, I WOULD "LOVE" TO HAVE A RED ON GOLD, AND A FEW OTHER COLORED ONES, WHAT IF YOU JUST HELD A REMINT FOR SOME COLOR ONES,NOT SURE WHAT WAS RE/LE/AE BUT MOST OF THE COLORED ONE ARE SUPER,, SO INSTEAD OF A PRESALE HAVE A NO MONEY UP FRONT RESERVE, THEN WHEN THE COINS COME HAVE EVERYONE PAY THEN, YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS GETTING RID OF ANY EXTRAS FROM A CANCLED RESERVE,AND MABIE A DEPOSIT FOR BIG ORDERS SAY LARGER THEN 5 OR 10 COINS...? GOING TO DO THE POLL NOW,,HE HE

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :antenna:

Edited by scavok

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :antenna:

Dagnabbit! Didn't I already tell you that I'm running out of money? ; )

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed ;)

:D:D;)

I know how you feel. :P Oh well its only money and you can't take it with you. :D

Hello Scavok, I'm happy to hear that there will be a chance to get some red & gold Tengwar again :D (When the first Tengwars were minted, I saw them too late, so I only got the AS version)

If you consider doing one in copper with dark green I would also go for it!

The Tengwar is one of my favourite designs!

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :D

*will work for scavok coins!!!!*

:D

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :D

Great! I'm curiousabout the new colours :-) When are you planning to do the remint?

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :laughing:

Great! I'm curiousabout the new colours :-) When are you planning to do the remint?

When presales on the tree of life coin end (tomorrow night) I will send that order along with an order for some samples of new tengwars. From those samples I'll pick and open presales for a remint.

No final colors have been decided yet, but with reading the responses I thought I would point out that the remint will include the 3 most popular from the original minting (a.silver, a.bronze and the red on gold). I will mint extra antique coppers for myself as trade items (that one is my personal favorite) and a few of each other original colors as gifts. There will be a number of new metal/enamel combos. Because of the amount of detail, minting with 2 tones is extremely limited so the new finishes will primarily be enamel changes. I've got some ideas and they are going to be very nice indeed :)

When presales on the tree of life coin end (tomorrow night) I will send that order along with an order for some samples of new tengwars. From those samples I'll pick and open presales for a remint.

Music to my ears! Tho I think I just heard a groan from my wallet :laughing:

Edit:

I don't know how but I missed this bit below

Edit to add: Oz, no kidding, you totally suprised me with that. Now I have to figure out how to ship a box full of metal to Aus for 3.75 :) Dang that bright idea of mine for flat shipping fee!

I can't help you at the moment as I'm saving all my cash to order another decent batch when the Tengwar's are reminted. :) you could slug me extra postage then to make it up and I won't complain :huh:

Edited by AlliedOz

Nah I won't make any changes to orders already gone through. You weren't the only one on those trees to order like that. I am afraid that I will have to add a 3rd tier to the flat shipping fee for orders of 6+ coins (can't fit any more in to a small bubble mailer) as well as internationals. Not a big increase, just something to help when I have to ship in a small box. I really had to bite my lip at the PO when 2/3 of those journey coins I sold were international!