NAWWAL Tengwar Geocoin

scavok

I think they turned out excellent. Nice job, Roger!

ETA: I just noticed that the center design is submerged on the flip side, and that's a very nice touch.

Thanks Yime!

I agree, it wasn't in the original plan (not in the proof image, anyway). But I think it turned out nice, especially in the antique metals :)

Wohoo, samples are in! Here are some runs testing different metals and enamel colors. Let me know what you think!!!

Gold with Red Enamel:

tengwar-gldred-500.jpg

Silver with Turquoise Enamel (not the best photo, sorry!):

tengwar-pnic-500.JPG

Nice! :)

Personally, I like the Gold with Red Enamel, and the Silver with Turquoise Enamel (though I would have preferred something other than Turquoise with the Silver, I think).

Nice! :)

Personally, I like the Gold with Red Enamel, and the Silver with Turquoise Enamel (though I would have preferred something other than Turquoise with the Silver, I think).

I agree, I like the antique ones, the gold w/ red and the silver, but maybe just a blue rather than turquoise? Hmm...

These first run coins weren't picked by me and don't mean they are the ones that will be made. They are just to give a good idea of what it looks like :)

I think I'll suggest to C&P for 3 antiqued metals, the gold and red and then a color to be determined on silver...

Edited by scavok

Nice! :D

I agree, I like the antique ones, the gold w/ red and the silver, but maybe just a blue rather than turquoise? Hmm...

These first run coins weren't picked by me and don't mean they are the ones that will be made. They are just to give a good idea of what it looks like ;)

I think I'll suggest to C&P for 3 antiqued metals, the gold and red and then a color to be determined on silver...

I think a dark blue on (shiny) silver would look really cool.

oooo Laaa Laaaaah!!!

these are fantabulous!

okay, so I'm supposed to be cutting down on my spending on coins, but...

if they're preorder...

then I can get AG, AS, AC (PLEASE do an ant copper!), gold with translucent red, silver with translucent purple, and Black Nickel two-toned with GOLD...

HOT DIGGITTY :lol::D;)

Yes, they are being produced by coinsandpins.com and will be available through the presale process. That way nobody misses out because of limited quantity.

I'll keep you all informed with a date as soon as one is set as well as final choices for colors/metals.

Glad you all like it :grin:

Looks great!

The two sides are actually mirror images, so when placed on a coin back-to-back (if the mint can get them lined up properly and the differences in raised/recessed parts of the scrollwork), it would be as if the weaving goes right through the coin.

Good point though, on any future ones, I'll keep that in mind.

Was the mint able to line up the weaving as you intended?

Was the mint able to line up the weaving as you intended?

Sort of.

There aren't gradients in height (smoothly moving from one level to another) like I saw in my head, but there are 4 levels of height and in the photos the weaves do line up to where on one side the weave is high and on the flip side it is low which gives it a nice effect :ph34r:

Just went up for pre-sale at C&P! Along with several other great coins.

Yes, and I ordered one of each of the no enamel ones! :D I was hoping for antique copper but no luck there. :D Perhaps they will mint another round of them with different finishes & enamels (hint, hint, hint... :D ).

CF30

Yes, and I ordered one of each of the no enamel ones! :D I was hoping for antique copper but no luck there. :D Perhaps they will mint another round of them with different finishes & enamels (hint, hint, hint... :D ).

CF30

Depending how these ones go, I will be making an antique copper finish as one of my personal ones :D

Yes, and I ordered one of each of the no enamel ones! :D I was hoping for antique copper but no luck there. :D Perhaps they will mint another round of them with different finishes & enamels (hint, hint, hint... B) ).

CF30

*snip* (You know these will do well!!!) *snip* I will be making an antique copper finish as one of my personal ones B)

Ooh!!! :D Trade??? :D

CF30

A couple of years ago when the movie (LOTR) was being filmed my closest friends and I made a pact. We'd always be together for the opening show, the midnight one, in Jacksonville FL. No matter where we lived at that time we would get back together in Jax for the show. We did this for each show! We didn't always get to sit together, the theater had something against us reserving a whole row, go figure. It started with the 5 of us, then we all brought extra friends to share in the camaraderie! Now with the Hobbit coming out in 2010 the pact is back on! I picked up 5 coins to give to each of them, my own fellowship so to speak! Thank you for such a beautiful coin! Also for the opportunity to finish my Christmas shopping for this year!

CF30

Depending how these ones go, I will be making an antique copper finish as one of my personal ones :D

Antique Copper - love it. Please include me for a possible trade. Thanks Scavok.

Hello all. I just got an update from c&p. Waaay more sold than I had ever hoped so its doubtless this coin will have its own icon (for those of you that are interested :D).

Also, I would like some suggestions for LE versions. I will be doing antique copper for sure, but maybe 2 or 3 other finishes as well.

Any Ideas?