Colorado and City Nav 2008

When looking at Garmin.com, the Colorado seems to be compatible with NT only.

I think the Vista HCx is also listed to support only NT as well but it supports the non-NT maps.

BTW, where the heck to people buy the full (non-update) version of 2008 NT? I see it at REI for $130 and that's about it other than a couple of smaller places I've never heard of.

GO$Rs

I think the Vista HCx is also listed to support only NT as well but it supports the non-NT maps.

BTW, where the heck to people buy the full (non-update) version of 2008 NT? I see it at REI for $130 and that's about it other than a couple of smaller places I've never heard of.

GO$Rs

I had a great experience form these guys!

http://www.antonline.com/p_Garmin--0101081...n-8-_256385.htm

Ended up being 2008 NT even though its listed as version 8. Even if its not I was told by several people that Garmin will provide a free upgrade during registration. Hope this helps!

GO$Rs

Hi GO$Rs --

I got the full version at www.ehqonline.com last fall. I wasn't familiar with them at the time, so I did a forum search to see if they had any bad reviews. The only mentions that I found were all very positive, so I bought it from them for $111. Fast, free shipping; I was happy with it. But their site has been unreachable for a few days now -- I wonder if they've gone out of business? That would be unfortunate.

....or NT1 or NT2. The Nuvi 8xx series which supports DEM will be shipping with NT2 preinstalled which implies that NT2 will have DEM info embeded in it. If you have a 400t then you wouldn't need it since the DEM from the loaded US Topo 2008 will show on other maps that are loaded. But if you have a 300 then you might want to wait for the NT2 maps to become available (if they become available separately).

GO$Rs

I bought miine at Gpsnow.com ($119.95) when I ordered my 300

I think that's not quite right... My 400t works fine with both my City Nav v8 and City Nav 2008 - neither of which is an "NT" version.

After talking to the Garmin support guys about this, they said that the NT version uses a different compression scheme for storing the maps and *should* be faster on units that support it, but most NT-compatible units can use the non-NT version if it's what you have (and you transfer or buy unlock codes, of course).

....or NT1 or NT2. The Nuvi 8xx series which supports DEM will be shipping with NT2 preinstalled which implies that NT2 will have DEM info embeded in it. If you have a 400t then you wouldn't need it since the DEM from the loaded US Topo 2008 will show on other maps that are loaded. But if you have a 300 then you might want to wait for the NT2 maps to become available (if they become available separately).

I thought only the nuvi 5000 was going to support DEM for now.