Unique uses for geocaching

geek-e

I recently decided to take the plunge and ask my girlfriend to marry me. When trying to come up with an idea on how to make the proposal special for both of us, I thought of geocaching. We have been geocaching for about a year and both love it very much. She likes the hiking and I like the gps unit. Anyways back to my story. I set up a temporary geocache in a forest just down the road from my house. I took her out to search for the geocache and made it so that she would find it. When she opened up the geocache there was a note inside that declared my love for her and asked her to turn around. When she turned around I was down on one knee with the ring in hand and asked "Will you marry me". She started to cry and through her tears of joy managed a yes.

Thank you for reading my story and I invite you to share your unique uses for geocaching fun. :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by geek-e

The Wedding date is May 30 2009

I will try and make this one a permanent one. we will see.

Thank you and have a great day :smile:

I hope you didn't propose near a railroad track or a military installation. I once had to deny a cache like this because it was 200 feet away from an existing cache. I told the owner to go back and propose at least 528 feet away from the conflicting waypoint. :D

Congrats on the fact that your future wife loves geocaching. I am a little overboard for my wife if I would have done that she would have given me a round house to the head.

I used a cache to pay our babysitter one time. she was the daughter of one of our friends we got hooked into geocaching. And since they live kinda in our area and I knew they would be placing a new one I kept the computer on and was able to get the FTF! GC10T19 Becca's Cash.

PS you can make your wedding an event and get a smiley for it :)

I recently decided to take the plunge and ask my girlfriend to marry me. When trying to come up with an idea on how to make the proposal special for both of us, I thought of geocaching. We have been geocaching for about a year and both love it very much. She likes the hiking and I like the gps unit. Anyways back to my story. I set up a temporary geocache in a forest just down the road from my house. I took her out to search for the geocache and made it so that she would find it. When she opened up the geocache there was a note inside that declared my love for her and asked her to turn around. When she turned around I was down on one knee with the ring in hand and asked "Will you marry me". She started to cry and through her tears of joy managed a yes.

Thank you for reading my story and I invite you to share your unique uses for geocaching fun. :P:)

By god, how cute! :lol::D