Spot brands?

KidRipley

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is near or on a cattle or horse ranch and might have seen a brand I have on one of my horses.

I made it the "missions" of my TB's to hopefully track down the ranch my horse came from.

I have been searching for years now, but now that I have gotten into geocaching it struck me that if anyone gets out to see things, it's gotta be cachers.

Even if you have just seen the brand in a state please let me know, so at best I know what brand book I might have to buy, or brand researcher(s) to contact.

The most I have been able to gather is it is from somewhere in the South West.

Thanks for any help.

cappybrand.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is near or on a cattle or horse ranch and might have seen a brand I have on one of my horses.

I made it the "missions" of my TB's to hopefully track down the ranch my horse came from.

I have been searching for years now, but now that I have gotten into geocaching it struck me that if anyone gets out to see things, it's gotta be cachers.

Even if you have just seen the brand in a state please let me know, so at best I know what brand book I might have to buy, or brand researcher(s) to contact.

The most I have been able to gather is it is from somewhere in the South West.

Thanks for any help.

cappybrand.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

I actually work with a horse breeder, I will find out tomorrow if she recognizes it.

Well here is some information that I got from a friend at work, I hope this helps you out:

I have not seen that brand specifically. The way to research brands is through the Depart of Ag. by state. If it is a registered brand then it will be on file in the state. It is to bad that there is not a national brand registry. The link to the NV site is http://agri.state.nv.us/index_LivestockID_BrandNews.htm

When you are going to register a brand it is researched that you are not using someone else’s brand – in order to preserve the uniqueness of the identification mark.

The website below seems to give you links to registered brands Links to find out about your brand To help in your search for information relating to state brands and brand laws, we provide the following links to state departments of agriculture and other relevant agencies. http://www.cowboyshowcase.com/brands.htm#howto

Do you have any idea where this horse was born? It would give you a state to start with.

Hope this helps…

Thanks, I went through that book, no joy though.

I have pretty much been through every brand book that is available on the web, yeah many many hours worth.

I have even tried searches for what the brand might stand for - martini, cocktail, etc...ranches/livestock/cattle companies. Also I have tried searching by various brand descriptions= DOT IN WINEGLASS, WINEGLASS WITH DOT, DOT IN GLASS, ROCKING DOT LAZY T, and so many more, if anything, I got a bit better at reading a brand LOL.

Thanks for the help, maybe, someday, ya never know.... someone might see it on way to McD's or something LOL