N New Jersey Spring Picnic Event

avroair

I was mulling the format of the Hitman event, a hike with lunch afterwards and it seemed to be a popular choice. For Spring the NNJC are going to have a picnic, any ideas on what theme to chose, (or you can vote on the ones I listed below) post em here:

(1) Geo-Tiki Stomp Picnic

(2) Harry Potter Quadditch Tournament

(3) Jedi Training ~ The Force is With Us

(4) Aliens Glowing Night Bonfire

:rolleyes:

A night bonfire would be cool, but all of those sound good. Any preliminary ideas for the location?

a bonfire in new jersey? :laughing::):D

don't get me wrong it'd be cool, but where??

A picnic event sounds like a great idea :)

We have an idea for a spot for a bonfire, but the # of people would be a definate deciding factor...

We only have one bathroom on the first floor... :D

we do have a lot of bushes though!!! :):D;)

realisically, anything over twenty people would be a major problem...

I do think a bonfire event would be kool...

I'll look for some places that may be OK with that, and that will accomodate 50-70+ people...

we do have a trailer and plenty of firewood to bring... really... more than enough firewood...

and I could double that amount if I got out the chainsaw and cut up all the deadfall around here...

If anyone has a suggestion for a spot... let us know!

PBS, Brian

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

Van Suan Park has a cow, and buffalo, horses and sheep, they even have Mtn. Lions.

But to tell the truth: That Lord of the Flies thing kind of intrigues me, I'd like to hear the details.

Perhaps there might be some interest in a Meadowlands Event, kayaking and canoeing on the Meadowlands with Caching beforehand and a picnic at Laurel Hill Park. There are canoe rentals and kayak rentals. I tried this as a Sunrise thing last summer, I had a great time, There was a lot of interest, but the dates got screwed up and conflicted with vacations and whatnot. It really is a great place.

Edited by Packanack

A night bonfire would be cool, but all of those sound good. Any preliminary ideas for the location?

a bonfire in new jersey? :mad::mad::)

don't get me wrong it'd be cool, but where??

A picnic event sounds like a great idea :D

What about Swartswood State Park? They have 6 Yurts up in a very private area where you can have bonfires, cookouts. I believe you could bring animals during the day but they can't stay overnight (bear issues). The Yurts are only $25 a night and they are clean and new (only about a year old). Caches of Kitattinny, Whittingham, Stokes, Highpoint (a few along the AT) are all nearby.

A pets allowed area would be great (dogs and horses)

Does anybody know a place that has a cow?

:):):mad::mad::D

Deb

We have cattle (calfs) at the stable where my horses live LOL some even escaped from others in area during team pennings LOL Just remember...never milk a cow that has only 1 utter LOL

Enjoy events.

Don't enjoy camping. (Okay. I've camped in some very strange places, including a stealth camp in Shenandoah. But I only camp as part of section hiking, not for the sake of camping.)

Don't really enjoy group hunts.

Don't kayak.

Can't fake a British accent.

Saw a herd of cows across Rte 523 from Cold Brook Cache. But cows are evil. Also saw bison and alpacas.

Picnic events are fun! Like those.

Does anybody know a place that has a cow?

Yeah we wouldn't need to get milk for the coffee!!

I like the bonfire idea. I wonder if a state park might work? I live by Voorhees SP if you want me to look into it.

natureboy... the cow is for Cow Bingo ...

make a square cowpen... divide it into 100 squares...

Like a superbowl pool card...

everyone buys a square...

whichever square owner the cow leaves a "road apple" in first wins...

Cow tipping is just an after hours bonus... for the die-hards...

Just be sure you are nimble footed... if you happen to be stupid enough to tip Bruno The Bull...

:huh::huh::lol::huh::(

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

If you are going to consider state parks, realize that alcohol is not allowed. Stokes has a bigger group campsite area... one site can hold 65 and others local can hold 30. You might look into booking a county park as you can usually get a permit for alcohol. Or even look into a township owned park. Or look into renting a private camp. I know that Jefferson Lakes Day Camp in Byram Twsp holds private parties on weekends and there are a lot of local caches in Allamuchy Mt St Pk. I don't know cost.