Upcoming Coins

SecretChief

Just saw those coins in the coming soon section here :

<indirect link removed by moderator> (scroll down a few times)

and I instantly fell in love with the Quadrant and the Nocturnal Geocoin.

I don't have anything to do with those coins but I wanted to share my discovery with you. :laughing:

Edited by Eartha
Just saw those coins in the coming soon section here :

<Indirect link removed by moderator> (scroll down a few times)

and I instantly fell in love with the Quadrant and the Nocturnal Geocoin.

I don't have anything to do with those coins but I wanted to share my discovery with you. :laughing:

OH!!! My geocoin budget (as if I really ever had one...) is totally blown!!! Did you see some of the other coins being planned???

Edited by Eartha

Podcacher mentioned the Compass Rose and Navigation coins in their show today...and a new link:

HERE A lot of interesting history of the various navigation tools and compass rose geocoins.

Just went to the new website and wow !!! :laughing: There's so many coins coming in the navigation series :laughing: :

Compass Rose Geocoin™

Cross Staff & Back Staff Geocoin™

Mariner's Astrolabe Geocoin™

Nocturnal Geocoin™

Quadrant Geocoin™

Universal Ring Dial Geocoin™

Planisphere Geocoin™

Sextant Geocoin™

Sextant Geopin™

Sextant Navigation Geocoin™

Here's a direct link to that section :

http://www.compassrosegeocoin.com/navcoins.php

Was goign to make my own thread to mention a design I worked on with Coins and Pins. But seeing as this is already started...

sextant-coin-brz-map-350.jpg

sextant-coin-brzsil-map-350.jpg

Antique bronze will be for sale by Coins and Pins. After I get my coins I will have them on my site (Antigue Silver).

See the matching and TRACKABLE pin

sextant-pin-asil-map-275.jpg

Edited by Atwell Family

Does anyone know if these are actually going to be presold?

I know that is what the site says, but I am concerned I might not type quick enough and miss out..... :lol:

or are we just going to get the e-mail that says when they are going on sale and be there or your :rolleyes:

Steel City Babes

I was told during my conversations with Coins and Pins that these would indeed be pre-sold. I would quess that is for all of them, I was only involved in the Sextant coin and pin.

Holy Poop! Those are AMAZING! I am sooooooo in love with these nautical devices (I'm a huge lover of the Aubrey/Maturn books). Amazing blend of art, science, and design. Lemmie just say I'm down for a TikiCoin trade for any of the working navigation coins. When they are released I'll post again in the trade thread. wow Wow WOW!

Tiki

For several days I have tried to go to the web site to see these coins, but their site will never load. Anyone know why their web site have been down for at least several days?

I just tried and can't get through either. I also haven't heard from them for a couple of days regarding a coin they are doing for me.

Hmmm... I must be very lucky or just have great timing. I haven't had any trouble with the site at all.

Guess you're LUCKY! I had the LAST Bufalo Soldier Ant.Bronze in my Vistor Cart and when I went to log-in - NUTHIN :blink:

Hopefully they'll be listed on their "In Stock" coins after the release date.

These coins really are awesome. I was able to jump in on the preorder of the Quadrant, Sextant (and pin), Time and Space and the Bluefire coin. C & P is really putting out some nice and different coins. Atwell Family I really liked your trackable coin AND pin...I love collecting pins so when I can get them trackable too I think its pretty awesome!

Edited by n8turgrl

I was just checking in to see if anyone wanted to trade something for one of these if i order two - then found out the postage is like over $10! for two of these so I'm just ordering my one unless some other aussies want to chime in and we see what CP can do for a group order.

I should think the coins, the nocturnal particualrly might find a ready market through scinece centres and museum shops worldwide - you should send Smithsonian and the british museum etc. samples - they'd be wonderful ambassadors for geocaching!