60 CSX Auto mount windshield/vent ?which is better

tech76

Just got the 60Csx and want to get a mount and adapter for the car.

Any recommendations? Brands to avoid?

I've been very happy with this RAM-mount combo:

car-mount-front.jpg

car-mount-side.jpg

It's a combination of a RAM-mount Suction-cup mount and RAM-mounts Universal Adaptor plate for Garmin cradles and then the Garmin Automotive Mounting Bracket for the GPSmap 60 Series.

The different parts are seen on this last picture:

gpsr-mount.png

/René

Ram-mount here also, though I have a different cradle than the one pictured above. mine looks like this...

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/productdeta...r=RAM-HOL-GA12U

also the mount shown above the arm is made of plastic, I have the aluminum arm version...

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/productdeta...RAM-B-166-GA12U

EDIT to add: I've used the garmin mount with my etrex and found it had way to much vibration, if I let the bottom of the gps rest of dash it was much better though. It also had the tendency to fall off the windshield at the worst times. The ram mount I bought for my 60cx is 100% better. Also If I'm not mistaken Delorme and Lowrance both use the ram mounts as their factory mounts, so its surprising how crappy the garmin mounts are.

If I remember correctly I bought mine from gpscity.com

It was almost impossible to get my 60cx out of the ram mount cradle when I first bought it, after reading online I found a few forum post about filing down a bit of plastic on the cradle where the nub on the back of the gps catches.

After the slight mod it was still held very secure but not it didn't feel like i was going to break something when I removed the gps from the cradle.