A Groundspeak SOAPBOX forum

Snoogans

I think that a soapbox THREAD is a GREAT idea. There are at least a couple of "regular posters" here who don't seem to have a life aside from trolling every thread on every board & posting flame-bait 8 out of 10 times just because they don't have anything on-topic or intelligent to say. If the mods had an "eject" button to instantly send those non-contributional "responses" to the soapbox thread we'd have some semblance of order.

Ummm, I think you misunderstood the idea. :D

I'm glad you made that statement, because I was about to flame him :laughing::)

I've been forum chatting for 19 years now. The first soapbox I participated in required you have a very thick skin with the statement if you can't stand the heat get the heck out of the kitchen you have no business here. Flaming was allowed. Even the CEO knew to keep out. It was a healthy avenue to vent and then get on with your job.

Soapboxes are about venting. A true soapbox is going to have few rules.

1. Anything can be ranted on.

2. Anyone can be ranted on.

3. For this forum, at least keep it family friendly - or put it where it's a request to be invited into a highly reserved thread so true flaming can occur.

4. Takng offense and whining to the moderators (there's moderators?) will only get you locked out.

Edited by TotemLake

I guess I musta misunderstood then, I've never seen a soapbox thread in action. My take was that it was a place for loudmouths to stand on a soapbox & preach spew about things that either don't interest anyone or don't have anything to do with current events.

Edited changing "preach" to "spew" (don't wanna offend any clergymenpersons).

Edited by fastforty

I guess I musta misunderstood then, I've never seen a soapbox thread in action. My take was that it was a place for loudmouths to stand on a soapbox & preach spew about things that either don't interest anyone or don't have anything to do with current events.

Edited changing "preach" to "spew" (don't wanna offend any clergymenpersons).

Where you were thinking the comments get to be tossed here by a moderator, the comments are actually entered by the person. Otherwise, your assumptions are that and more. My advise when entering such a forum is wear a thick flame retardent suit and don't take it personally outside the thread.

Edited by TotemLake