Time and Space Geocoin

OshnDoc

Time and Space

by OshnDoc and CoinsandPins

based on the

St. Marco Torre dell'Orologio (Venice Clock Tower)

Before I moved to the United States, I used to spend my summers in a small village near Venice, Italy, visiting Venice on numerous occasions with friends who grew up either directly in the city or to the north, in Mestre, on the mainland. The clock tower of San Marco always fascinated me.

The San Marco clock tower, probably the 2nd most famous clock tower in the world after Big Ben in London, was built between 1496 and 1506. The main clock face consists of a number of concentric dials. The outermost displays the numbers 1 to 24 in Roman numerals and has a hand decorated with an image of the sun pointing to the hour. A second dial shows the 12 signs of the zodiac. These are illuminated in gold on an enamel blue background. The center most rings show the sun and moon phases.

Front of coin: I used this general theme of the clock face for the front of the new Time and Space geocoin. The coins will be minted from solid brass in a two tone finish. The antique base finish used shows the intricate detail of the coin with contrasting polished plating of the Zodiac images. The front of the the coin has glowing stars showing the constellations as seen from the immediate area of the North Star Polaris. A unique texture pattern is used under the blue translucent color.

timespace-asil-yelgrn2-350a.gif

timespace-brz-red2-350a.gif

timespace-asil-ornglit2-350a.gif

The back of the coin shows both the time keeping section used on the front side extending in a sun ray pattern of individual compass roses. Each of the small compass roses on the outer ring indicating the multiple directions one can go after finding the first position, almost like finding a multi geocache. The small image in the very center of the backside is a geographical location --- you may guess where. :(

More information about the San Marco Clock tower and a picture of the actual clock face can be found at

this link.

This coin will be available soon for preorder

here.

(I will have an additional different version minted as travelers and trade items for geocaches, and maybe some personal face to face trades.)

Some Coin Stats:

• 2" diam
  • Two-tone plating
  • Imitation hard enamel translucent colors
  • Edge text
  • Trackable on Geocaching.com
  • Activation codes will be made available through CoinCodes.com
  • Will have its own icon. (I will post updates for that here, once I have some artwork in hand.)

WOW, what great responses. :laughing: Thank you very much everyone :laughing:

.....I would love to get some but see nothing on your pre-order page?

These coins are not yet available for pre-orders. If you sign up for the newsletter on the preorder webpage, you will get an e-mail alerting you once they come online on the pre-order page, or you can watch this thread for an anouncement.

A couple of points to clarify my post:

• I am not selling these coins personally.
  • All orders need to go through C & P's website.

Thanks again.

OshnDoc

I got my newsletter this evening also. One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut back on the coin buying. Out of all the new coins C/P was offering, these caught my eye. All three of these are so nice. It took me almost an hour to decide which one I was going to get. :D It was so hard to stick to my guns, and not order all three! I finally settled on the orange glitter one. Maybe if they have some extra that they will sell later on, I'll pick up one of the others finishes.

Congrats on a super nice coin! It will sell well.

Valarie

Time and Space

by OshnDoc and CoinsandPins

based on the

St. Marco Torre dell'Orologio (Venice Clock Tower)

Before I moved to the United States, I used to spend my summers in a small village near Venice, Italy, visiting Venice on numerous occasions with friends who grew up either directly in the city or to the north, in Mestre, on the mainland. The clock tower of San Marco always fascinated me.

The San Marco clock tower, probably the 2nd most famous clock tower in the world after Big Ben in London, was built between 1496 and 1506. The main clock face consists of a number of concentric dials. The outermost displays the numbers 1 to 24 in Roman numerals and has a hand decorated with an image of the sun pointing to the hour. A second dial shows the 12 signs of the zodiac. These are illuminated in gold on an enamel blue background. The center most rings show the sun and moon phases.

Front of coin: I used this general theme of the clock face for the front of the new Time and Space geocoin. The coins will be minted from solid brass in a two tone finish. The antique base finish used shows the intricate detail of the coin with contrasting polished plating of the Zodiac images. The front of the the coin has glowing stars showing the constellations as seen from the immediate area of the North Star Polaris. A unique texture pattern is used under the blue translucent color.

timespace-asil-yelgrn2-350a.gif

timespace-brz-red2-350a.gif

timespace-asil-ornglit2-350a.gif

The back of the coin shows both the time keeping section used on the front side extending in a sun ray pattern of individual compass roses. Each of the small compass roses on the outer ring indicating the multiple directions one can go after finding the first position, almost like finding a multi geocache. The small image in the very center of the backside is a geographical location --- you may guess where. :lol:

More information about the San Marco Clock tower and a picture of the actual clock face can be found at

this link.

This coin will be available soon for preorder

here.

(I will have an additional different version minted as travelers and trade items for geocaches, and maybe some personal face to face trades.)

Some Coin Stats:

• 2" diam
  • Two-tone plating
  • Imitation hard enamel translucent colors
  • Edge text
  • Trackable on Geocaching.com
  • Activation codes will be made available through CoinCodes.com
  • Will have its own icon. (I will post updates for that here, once I have some artwork in hand.)

Very, VERY nice 'Doc! I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. :D:huh: