MEXICO - Geocoin de Geocachers Regios

Hola! Acá en la ciudad de las montañas queremos sacar nuestro Geocoin. Ya contactamos a un fabricante local, investigamos cuánto cuesta ya con las claves de Geocaching para poder "trackearlos" en el sitio oficial como cualquier travel bug, y sacando cuentas, necesitamos que 10 personas le entren con 500 pesos. Cada una de esas personas se lleva 15 geocoins (osea como a 33 pesos cada geocoin, que no está nada mal si lo comparas con un TB!!!). Antes de que lo pregunten, sí, ese es el mínimo.

Ya somos 5 apuntados. Nos faltan otros 5. Quién dijo yo??? Mándeme un mensaje.

Saludos!

Gonini

Edited by gonini

HOLA!

I'm Naomi from Texas, but I live in Sweden. I read a little Spanish and understand a bit. My grandparents are Mexican American and they spoke Spanish and my mother, too, but me and all of my cousins were raised without learning Spanish :(.

If someone would help me and let me know in English what is up with this, I am very interested in a Mexican Geocoin. Mexico is a part of my heritage and who I am, and a part of mi hijas, tambien! I'm half Mexican and my daughters are 1/4 Mexican... and 3/4 Swedish, how's that for a mix!

Muchas Gracias!

Naomi :D

HOLA!

I'm Naomi from Texas, but I live in Sweden. I read a little Spanish and understand a bit. My grandparents are Mexican American and they spoke Spanish and my mother, too, but me and all of my cousins were raised without learning Spanish :(.

If someone would help me and let me know in English what is up with this, I am very interested in a Mexican Geocoin. Mexico is a part of my heritage and who I am, and a part of mi hijas, tambien! I'm half Mexican and my daughters are 1/4 Mexican... and 3/4 Swedish, how's that for a mix!

Muchas Gracias!

Naomi :D

Hi, Naomi,

It´s not a Mexican geocoin,its a personal geocoin.

As far as i understood, this geocacher (or geocachers) gonini is trying to get enough money to make his own geocoin. Each person interested can join for the amount of 500 pesos and will get 15 geocoins. They have to gather 10 persons in order to get 150 geocoins minimum.

If you´re interested you can contact them directly.

Regards

Alberto

PS: Luis, as far as i understood, the coins will be trackable. They say that they investigated what was needed to track the coins

investigamos cuánto cuesta ya con las claves de Geocaching para poder "trackearlos" en el sitio oficial

Creo que hay un mal entendido hacerca de la moneda!

Es la mondeda personal o regional? A mi me parace ser una moneda regional. Para ser mas precisos, me parace que es una moneda que representa el norte de Mexico.

Hacerca de el financiamiento, si haces publico el diseño, estoy seguro que puedes encontrar suficientes personas interesadas para encuñar, no se entre 300 a 500 modedas. Las compañias aqui en U.S te dan un descuento si ordenas 500 o mas.

Hi, Naomi,

It´s not a Mexican geocoin,its a personal geocoin.

As far as i understood, this geocacher (or geocachers) gonini is trying to get enough money to make his own geocoin. Each person interested can join for the amount of 500 pesos and will get 15 geocoins. They have to gather 10 persons in order to get 150 geocoins minimum.

If you´re interested you can contact them directly.

Regards

Alberto

I don't think that the coin is a personal coin, is more of a regional coin, it doesn't represent the whole contry. We'll have to wait for gonini to find out.

I don't think that the coin is a personal coin, is more of a regional coin, it doesn't represent the whole contry. We'll have to wait for gonini to find out.

Well, i might be wrong. My Spanish isn´t that good. When i read the post it seemed that there was a group of geocachers wanting to make a coin that represent them. Reading again, i admit that it might be a coin for the Monterey region. Let´s wait. Anyway, if they have the coin design and post it in the geocoin forum i believe it will be easy to find enough people interested.

Regards

AS

So sorry for the late reply!!! :mad:

I didn't follow through this thread, and threads do move down quickly in this forum!

This is a regional coin: It is the coin of the Monterrey Geocaching Club (and I just gave a name to our group :mad:). Monterrey is a city in the north of Mexico.

It will be trackable in geocaching.com just like any TB

We are already 8 people involved, so we are just missing 2 more people that cooperate with 500 pesos each in order to make 150 geocoins.

Because this is our first geocoin and because we really want to get it done soon, I think thats as high as we're aiming for, at least for this "first edition".

But if anyone is interested in buying one of this geocoins from any of the 10 people that will be receiving 15 of them, do keep in touch here!

Sorry again for the very late reply.

Have a good one!

Gonini

The order we followed was to first have the "lana" (money), and then get the design.

We now have the 10 people to finance the coin, so we are going to go into the design.

It will probably have the Cerro de la Silla (Saddle Mountain) image on it, given it is Monterrey's symbol.

We'll keep you informed on the development of the project, and will post the design once it's defined.

Good day to all of you!

:D