Using Higher Speed SD Cards with Colorado 300?

Didjerrydo

I wonder if it really makes much difference if you use one of the more expensive, higher speed SD cards with the Colorado's. I'm currently loading a huge block of topo maps (from TOPO 2008) on a Kingston 4 GB SD-HC (4) card that's already got the entire City Nav NT program loaded on it and it's taking about 6 hours! What I'm just hoping in that this won't erase all the City Nav NT maps. This has a tendency to play that way occasionally yet at other times both groups load side by side fine. Does anyone know the trick here to loadind two programs on a large card ? Does it matter whether you load thru the GPS or a card reader?

I wonder if it really makes much difference if you use one of the more expensive, higher speed SD cards with the Colorado's. I'm currently loading a huge block of topo maps (from TOPO 2008) on a Kingston 4 GB SD-HC (4) card that's already got the entire City Nav NT program loaded on it and it's taking about 6 hours! What I'm just hoping in that this won't erase all the City Nav NT maps. This has a tendency to play that way occasionally yet at other times both groups load side by side fine. Does anyone know the trick here to loadind two programs on a large card ? Does it matter whether you load thru the GPS or a card reader?

You need a special SDHC card reader to transfer data to and from an SDHC card. I'm guessing that the transfer rate is faster with an SDHC card reader than using the GPS.

You need a special SDHC card reader to transfer data to and from an SDHC card. I'm guessing that the transfer rate is faster with an SDHC card reader than using the GPS.

But I would assume ,that since the GPS can read and use the new SD-HC cards, one can load mapping onto the card thru the GPS, right? Hopefully so, or I'm wasting 6 hours here loading the data to nowhere!

But I would assume ,that since the GPS can read and use the new SD-HC cards, one can load mapping onto the card thru the GPS, right?

Yes, that's correct.