GeoWoodstock 6 Carpool

eagsc7

If you are Driving to GeoWoodstock 6, Lets try and Maximize our Fun by Sharing Rides.

In your post, include the following:

• Driving/Requesting a ride
  • How many seats avaliable/need
  • Leaving/Arriving Location
  • Leaving Date
  • Arriving back home date
  • Hotel/RV/Camping
  • Other information

The Steaks

• Driving
  • 2 Seats Available
  • Spokane, WA
  • Leaving: 19 or 20 May(Caching the way down)
  • Arriving: 27 or 28 May(Caching Back)
  • Camping... unless I win the Lotto. The RV Show this weekend makes me want one now...
  • E-mail or PM me to get in contact. I will costshare with riders.

After doing PQs for the last few days and looking at the Delorme maps I have figured that we will be able to do 14 WA, 14 OR, and 24 CA Delorme Pages. That is assuming that we don't get around to running down to San Fran.(I hope to be able to)

The Steaks

Edited by eagsc7

Being from that area, You must be going down 97 :drama: . Good Luck. This is a good idea.

The Biggs Rapid bridge may reopen for Memorial Day weekend but don't count on it. The detour takes you down to The Dalles and on US 197 south to where it rejoins US97.

I live just off 97 about 46 miles south of Bend. I'm planning on traveling on the Coast Starlight on May 23 from Chemult to Sacramento. If I get any interest shown, I'll host an event in Chemult before the train arrives at 8PM. Hopefully the Coast Starlight will resume service sometime before then.

I am aware of 1 WA geocacher headed to GW6 via Amtrak.

Tom Fuller & Quill

Crescent, Oregon

• Driving
  • 2 Seats Available
  • Spokane, WA
  • Leaving: 19 or 20 May(Caching the way down)
  • Arriving: 27 or 28 May(Caching Back)
  • Camping... unless I win the Lotto. The RV Show this weekend makes me want one now...
  • E-mail or PM me to get in contact. I will costshare with riders.

After doing PQs for the last few days and looking at the Delorme maps I have figured that we will be able to do 16 WA, 18 OR, and 25 CA Delorme Pages. That is assuming that we don't get around to running down to San Fran. If we do, then that will add another 4 or 5 pages.

The Steaks

Edited by eagsc7

Being from that area, You must be going down 97 :drama: . Good Luck. This is a good idea.

The Biggs Rapid bridge may reopen for Memorial Day weekend but don't count on it. The detour takes you down to The Dalles and on US 197 south to where it rejoins US97.

I live just off 97 about 46 miles south of Bend. I'm planning on traveling on the Coast Starlight on May 23 from Chemult to Sacramento. If I get any interest shown, I'll host an event in Chemult before the train arrives at 8PM. Hopefully the Coast Starlight will resume service sometime before then.

Tom Fuller & Quill

Crescent, Oregon

Yeah, amtrak seems to be closing a lot lately. Once you get to Sacramento, I suppose you'd rent a car?

Being from that area, You must be going down 97 :lol: . Good Luck. This is a good idea.

Tom Fuller & Quill

Crescent, Oregon

Yeah, amtrak seems to be closing a lot lately. Once you get to Sacramento, I suppose you'd rent a car?

Strangely, I had planned to go thru The Dalles to be able to get a couple more WA DC pages before even hearing about the construction.

Our Planned Route is Roughly I-90 to US 395 to I-82 to Hwy 14 to US 197 to US 97 to I-5. From there, we'll go thru the Sacramento area and up to Roseville. After the Friday event we'll hang out in Wheatland. We're Hoping to stay on base at Beale, but that may change. Space-A Rooms are only able to be reserved 72 Hours in advance.

The Steaks

Anyone considering going by motorcycle?

I want to motorcycle down but my wife would feel better if I was partnered with someone. (Because, you know, help is so far away on I-5... :unsure: )

Your LUCKY! My wife won't go with me if I wanted to go by Bike... Grrr...