Palm TX

I am looking for a PDA & th emore I learn about them The more that I think I would use it for other things.

I want a color screen with an mp3 player in it but I want it to be user friendly. Any one know about the Palm TX?

I've used a Palm TX for caching for almost two years now (I also use it for other stuff, but mostly caching). I manage my pocket queries using GSAK, and use CacheMate and Mobipocket to view the information on the Palm. To protect the Palm, I use a Saunders RhinoSkin Aluminum Hardcase.

I should mention that most Palms sold today, including those a lot cheaper than the TX, are also perfectly fine for geocaching. I chose the TX because it can connect to a Wi-Fi network, which gives me the ability to do some Web surfing and e-mail checking away from home without carrying around a laptop.

--Larry

A friend has a TX and it is very hard to read in sunlight. At least it sure is for me because I am used to the easy-to-read Palm m500, which is a whole lot cheaper than a TX and more suited for Geocaching.

However, if you want a PDA for other things, including WiFi, the TX is a good choice. Couple it with GSAK on your PC and Cachemate on the Palm, and a good, very strong hard case to protect it from the rigors of Geocaching, and you should be good to go. :smile:,

We've been using a T/x for about 1 1/2 years now. Noticing though that the touch screen is starting to act up. I've performed the screen test in preferences a number of times and also removed the instashield from the screen thinking it might be contibuting but still have the same problem. Very annoying when trying to move around the cahe screen or trying to type logs. An example is touch the t and an s appears or pick something from a drop down screen and the item below is activated instead. Any other T/X owners out there having this problem?

When I use my friend's TX, it is frustrating because the stylus has to touch a spot below where I would touch the screen on my six-year-old Palm m500. He is used to it, but even having gotten used to it was having some problems the other day.

My Palm m500 works fine. I have never had any problems with it. :smile:

We've been using a T/x for about 1 1/2 years now. Noticing though that the touch screen is starting to act up. I've performed the screen test in preferences a number of times and also removed the instashield from the screen thinking it might be contibuting but still have the same problem. Very annoying when trying to move around the cahe screen or trying to type logs. An example is touch the t and an s appears or pick something from a drop down screen and the item below is activated instead. Any other T/X owners out there having this problem?

I've never experienced this problem with my TX. Every once in a while the screen seems to be a little less touch-sensitive, but this could be due to using it in really cold temperatures.

--Larry

To combat this infamous digitizer drift I would recomend a little program called powerdigi from www.palmpowerups It will realign the digitizer automatically.

To combat this infamous digitizer drift I would recomend a little program called powerdigi from www.palmpowerups It will realign the digitizer automatically.

Beat me to it! This program works great on a TX with digitizer drift, I highly recommend it.

I am actually using my TX as my sole caching unit... I have a small bluetooth battery powered GPSr that I throw in one pocket, and use the TX with CacheMate and PathAway in another pocket. It's simple to use... Pathaway guides me right to the spots without a problem.

Edit: Unfortunately, with winter in full blast here (It's a blizzard today!), I haven't done much caching. I've actually been working on a 10 part puzzle cache that has us get dates from different locations around downtown to fill in the final location, that's about the only thing I can do in the snow and cold!)

R!

Edited by Rebes