The Geocoin Nerds v2

tadpole379

DJSnargs-NERDS.jpg

The picture isn't so great, b/c my camera is out of town and I had to borrow one from a friend at work. I have no idea how to tweak hers out.

PM if you'd like to trade V1's. The kids and I have quite a few of the red glitter and blue glitter ones to trade. I split the orange order with marpomem, so I don't have too many of those. I'm going to use the V2's as our personal coin, so I don't plan to trade those now...of course, I could cetainly be convinced otherwise. The glitter ones look better in person!!!

Things have been crazy for me these past couple of weeks, but I wanted to post that I did receive my Nerds, both V1 & V2 ... and they look great. PSU Grad was surprised by hers and made me turn one of them into a keychain for her office keys. All is good in the NERD World!!!!

When I got home, there was a big package waiting for me, so I opened it up and look what spilled out... :(;):)

8f6cf69f-fc88-4734-978f-5552a3263b18.jpg

tom4props green glitter on gold nerd

WOW, that has to be a heap of swirl in there. Maybe from the looks of things we didn't get our swirl after all unless it matched so close we can't tell? Cute little buggers. :)

nerdsep6.gif

No swirl on mine either, kind of disappointing since I was never told that would be a problem this time and that there where swirls done on other ones. I have not looked my order over closly yet, but I did notice that I do have the missing "TheCollector" nerd. Open to trades - any trackable coin for a v2 nerd, color of your choice. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Edited by WI_Robin

Yahoo!!! We got ours too! The Flying Nerdling!

FN2.jpg

Edit: I checked our package and we just got the 24 coins as we expected. The 25th one we donated to TNT coin auction. Sorry no unexpected coins that people are missing in our package:( We got our mystery nerd too, thanks so much!

We opted to be a little different and not put our name on ours instead we just put flying nerdling. I thought it looked like he was flying, lol. They are so cute. Open to anyone who wants to trade just email me your offers. The purple is actually a little lighter than this terrible pic but he is very sparkly. Thanks.

Edited by Nochipra

No swirl on mine either, kind of disappointing since I was never told that would be a problem this time and that there where swirls done on other ones. I have not looked my order over closly yet, but I did notice that I do have the missing "TheCollector" nerd. Open to trades - any trackable coin for a v2 nerd, color of your choice. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Thank you Robin for locating my runaway Nerd. I sent you my mailing address through PM and email.

The nerds allo look really cute! I haven't received mine yet, but I am used to waiting for several weeks for coin shipments from the US :)

By the way, what is the deal with those swirls? Was that an option I never noticed? Or are they randomly applied to some of the coins?

When I got home, there was a big package waiting for me, so I opened it up and look what spilled out... :lol::unsure::huh:

0aa2a81d-32e9-4626-b1e3-7d3cf1b5f8eb.jpg

A Pile o' v2 Nerds

I also got a MysteryNerd along with my 24 green glitter on gold Nerds. :D

62478e84-b8df-4e8b-8000-75ebf5482585.jpg

The MysteryNerd says, "Gather round my fellow Nerds."

8f6cf69f-fc88-4734-978f-5552a3263b18.jpg

tom4props green glitter on gold nerd

WOW, that has to be a heap of swirl in there. Maybe from the looks of things we didn't get our swirl after all unless it matched so close we can't tell? Cute little buggers. :D

nerdsep6.gif

Mine are not swirl at all; they are: v2, K35054 Lt Green Glitter on shiny gold :blink:

I think what you thought was swirl is a light reflection on the green glitter surface. ;)

WOW, that has to be a heap of swirl in there. Maybe from the looks of things we didn't get our swirl after all unless it matched so close we can't tell? Cute little buggers. :unsure:

nerdsep6.gif

The coins that were 2 glitter colors swirled seemed to come out without being able to see an actual swirl. The mint does the swirl colors by hand, so they probably put down the first color and then sprinkled the second color over it as the "swirl". I can see that your coin has 2 different colors, but they are not separated.

WOW, that has to be a heap of swirl in there. Maybe from the looks of things we didn't get our swirl after all unless it matched so close we can't tell? Cute little buggers. :blink:

nerdsep6.gif

The coins that were 2 glitter colors swirled seemed to come out without being able to see an actual swirl. The mint does the swirl colors by hand, so they probably put down the first color and then sprinkled the second color over it as the "swirl". I can see that your coin has 2 different colors, but they are not separated.

Ahh, I'm understanding what you are saying but we had a pms color and glitter. We thought that there would have been a noticeable difference between the two. We've never ordered a coin before this one and a few of the others and we we thinking the difference would have been similar to a GeoJelly that was given to us with a similar application. No worries though. Live and learn. :unsure:

Anyone care to trade Nerds? I have v1's in "red" glitter, lavender glitter and pink glow :unsure:

Just fired you an email! Our color choices are similar, but our reds are on different metals. My daughter has the light blue glitter (#131) on gold and my son's are the red glitter (#5) on BN. They are interested in any and all trades! Thanks.

you may want to resize your photos before posting them, they are way too big to see.

rsg

Please tell us how we do that, in the forumpost. thanks

you can either set the file smaller in the camera itself, or change the size in the software you use to access the pics, before they are uploaded to your photo site.

if you do not have a need for large sizes, then set the file size in the camera to be smaller or some cameras say less quality.

you may have to do some research on your particular camera to see how to resize pis.

rsg

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. :)

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

Nerdsv2Auctiongroupshot.jpg

Wow someone got a great deal on the ebay auction ! They only sold for $122.06 I wish that I had the funds to bid for them :lol:

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. :D

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

Nerdsv2Auctiongroupshot.jpg

Wow someone got a great deal on the ebay auction ! They only sold for $122.06 I wish that I had the funds to bid for them :o

I had. But i see this today and the bidding is all over ;) (Ebay is looking for geocoin auctions, but didn't found this one. When it did i would have done an offer)