The Geocoin Nerds v2

tadpole379

I just got a bad news e-mail from the mint :)

The version 1 nerds are done and have been shipped, but there were some problems with the version 2 coins. After the mint finished making the coins, they were checked by quality control, which found some problems that need to be fixed. Not all of the version 2 coins need to be fixed, so we told the mint to ship the ones that are done and fix the others. They should (cross your fingers) all be shipped by Monday.

Sharon from Hogwild told me that China passed new labor laws which went into effect right after the Chinese New Year. These new laws limit the amount of hours that the workers can put in, so many new people were hired who needed to be trained, causing a lot of delays with many coin projects. :D

I am sorry about all the delays, but know it is not just the nerds. I am working on 2 other coins projects right now, and they have been very slow and delayed as well :D

I sent an email out about a week ago to the group (I also posted it to the yahoo group so hopefully everyone got it) about doing a Nerds Charity Auction for TnT. So far I have 25 coins that have been generously donated to the auction. If there is anyone else that has not emailed me or posted to the Yahoo group that would like to donate one or more coins to the auction, please post here or send me an email. I will have Steve from Hogwild pull the auction coins from your order and they will be sent together so they can be auctioned off when they arrive.

The rest of the Nerds should be shipping from the mint today. It will take them only a few days to arrive at Hogwild, so I need to know in the next few days if you would like to donate coins.

Thanks to everyone for their generosity. :unsure::(

PS. The Icons have been loaded into the system!

Edited by tadpole379

THE NERDS HAVE SHIPPED!!

Steve will work on sorting and packaging them up as soon as they arrive. If the mail is quick, hopefully he will have them mailed out by this weekend, so start looking for nerds to hit mailboxes next week!! :o:)

This is excellent news, waiting at the mailbox!!!!!!

Maybe they will arrive on my birthday :) That would be a great a gift to myself. Time to stalk the mailman again :D

Steve has been working hard this weekend to sort and package all the nerds. The trackable coins come with the tracking number facing out, which means that the engraving was facing inside, so Steve had to open up all the flips so he could see the engravings on the coins that had shared colors.

So he deserves a big THANK YOU for all his work! :laughing:

Steve has been working hard this weekend to sort and package all the nerds. The trackable coins come with the tracking number facing out, which means that the engraving was facing inside, so Steve had to open up all the flips so he could see the engravings on the coins that had shared colors.

So he deserves a big THANK YOU for all his work! :ph34r:

oooh thanks for all the hard work, both of you!!! now I'm getting excited, can't wait to see em!

edit to ask: how many thousands of coins was that??

Edited by ThirstyMick

So he deserves a big THANK YOU for all his work! :ph34r:

aty271eu.gif